Page 178 of 197 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 1961

Thread: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

  1. #1771
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,066

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Imagine that, talking about Obama on a thread about Obama and pointing out the failure of him to create jobs as he promised he would do. How can you talk about what it is when you ignore what it is. The results speak for themselves. On your job if you spent as much money as he has can generated the results he has three years later you would be fired.

    And as a former military person and someone who has spent 35 years in the business world I am totally shocked if you believe Obama has any leadership skills at all. The Marines I know including a Nephew out of Camp Pendleton who served in Iraq understand leadership. I would have thought you would too
    Let's see... I tell you about my military service, you bring it up to make a personal slam on me and my service in the USMC.

    Stay classy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  2. #1772
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,066

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    My ideology concerning your inability to get a web link to work is failing???? I'm not bitter but rather you link would work.

    ps. about how far back was that post???
    I told you, I linked it right but the entire website was down. Looks like it is up now. Didn't have to change a thing. Just had to wait for the web administrator of Nationaljournal.com to get his site running again. If you are truly interested check it out... unless just coming after me is your game here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  3. #1773
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    I told you, I linked it right but the entire website was down. Looks like it is up now. Didn't have to change a thing. Just had to wait for the web administrator of Nationaljournal.com to get his site running again. If you are truly interested check it out... unless just coming after me is your game here.
    Oh yes...thanks. Now to continue, your position as stated is 'Republicans played chicken with the debt limit and the S&P themselves said that was the reason why they downgraded. Yes, it was the Republican's fault.'

    But the article you link to states 'To be sure, S&P didn’t specifically single out Republicans. It criticized the overall $2.4 trillion deal as too limited, and it implicitly criticized both political parties for refusing to tackle their sacred cows – entitlements, in the case of Democrats; tax increases in the case of Republicans'

    Looks like a debunk to me...?

  4. #1774
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,066

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Oh yes...thanks. Now to continue, your position as stated is 'Republicans played chicken with the debt limit and the S&P themselves said that was the reason why they downgraded. Yes, it was the Republican's fault.'

    But the article you link to states 'To be sure, S&P didn’t specifically single out Republicans. It criticized the overall $2.4 trillion deal as too limited, and it implicitly criticized both political parties for refusing to tackle their sacred cows – entitlements, in the case of Democrats; tax increases in the case of Republicans'

    Looks like a debunk to me...?
    Cherry-picking ftl... Right there near the top of the article:

    S&P was remarkably blunt that its downgrade was mostly about heightened political risks: “The political brinksmanship of recent months highlights what we see as America’s governance and policymaking becoming less stable, less effective, and less predictable than what we previously believed,” it said.
    MOSTLY about. Mostly. Kind of corners the reason and where it came from don't you think?
    Last edited by poweRob; 10-28-11 at 12:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  5. #1775
    Student Smokified's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    12-06-11 @ 09:56 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    166

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Cherry-picking ftl... Right there near the top of the article:



    MOSTLY about. Mostly. Kind of corners the reason and where it came from don't you think?
    Where does the quote you are using to support your argument disprove the point you are arguing? Nothing in your quote makes mention of the GOP, but in fact makes specific mention of POLICY MAKING. Who is making all of the policies that are being blocked? Isn't it Obama's policies that were not effective?

    The GOP was right to oppose Obama's failed and ineffective bills as they are not in the best interest of the American people as a whole.

    It is cool how you tried to use "cherry picking" as an excuse to ignore a fact and then tried to "cherry pick" a different line from the same article that just disproves your point even further. I wish I could learn that trick so I could become a liberal.
    Last edited by Smokified; 10-28-11 at 12:57 AM.
    "A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it" - George W. Bush
    "The problem with political jokes is they get elected" - Henry Cate VII

  6. #1776
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,066

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokified View Post
    Where does the quote you are using to support your argument disprove the point you are arguing? Nothing in your quote makes mention of the GOP, but in fact makes specific mention of POLICY MAKING. Who is making all of the policies that are being blocked? Isn't it Obama's policies that were not effective?
    You can play coy about it but it was the debt ceiling political gamesmanship they are referring to. That is why and when they downgraded us. As evidenced by the S&P's director:

    A Standard & Poor’s director said for the first time Thursday that one reason the United States lost its triple-A credit rating was that several lawmakers expressed skepticism about the serious consequences of a credit default — a position put forth by some Republicans.

    Without specifically mentioning Republicans, S&P senior director Joydeep Mukherji said the stability and effectiveness of American political institutions were undermined by the fact that “people in the political arena were even talking about a potential default,” Mukherji said.

    “That a country even has such voices, albeit a minority, is something notable,” he added. “This kind of rhetoric is not common amongst AAA sovereigns.”
    linkypoo...

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokified View Post
    The GOP was right to oppose Obama's failed and ineffective bills as they are not in the best interest of the American people as a whole.

    It is cool how you tried to use "cherry picking" as an excuse to ignore a fact and then tried to "cherry pick" a different line from the same article that just disproves your point even further. I wish I could learn that trick so I could become a liberal.
    Yeah... if you call cherry picking choosing a reference to "MOST" versus digging down into the article to find some "oh and this might have been a small part" bit. What was the "MOST" cause of it is rather the relevance of my quote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  7. #1777
    Student Smokified's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    12-06-11 @ 09:56 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    166

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Let's see... I tell you about my military service, you bring it up to make a personal slam on me and my service in the USMC.

    Stay classy!
    He is not slamming your military service, he is slamming your ignorance. Please feel free to explain how his post was in any way a slam to your military service. You just have your panties in a bunch because he didn't automatically bow down to you and kiss your feet just because YOU FEEL you are entitled to a different respect level.

    My dad is a Vietnam vet that saw combat for several years. There are 2 very important things my dad taught me (amongst many other things):
    1) You don't need special recognition for things that you should just do anyways
    2) You need to go out and make your own life happen

    Out of curiosity, did you ever see real combat in your military career? Did you ever kill a person?
    "A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it" - George W. Bush
    "The problem with political jokes is they get elected" - Henry Cate VII

  8. #1778
    Student Smokified's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    12-06-11 @ 09:56 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    166

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    You can play coy about it but it was the debt ceiling political gamesmanship they are referring to. That is why and when they downgraded us. As evidenced by the S&P's director:






    Yeah... if you call cherry picking choosing a reference to "MOST" versus digging down into the article to find some "oh and this might have been a small part" bit. What was the "MOST" cause of it is rather the relevance of my quote.
    I call cherry picking the same thing you call it. Picking whichever details you feel support your argument the most while ignoring the rest of them that debunk your argument. A perfect example of this is how you ignored the rest of my comment which points out that the quote you cherry picked also disproved your point. Care to comment on that part as well? How about the part where I pointed out that everything else you were saying was BS? Anything to say about that? Or would you rather we just play a game where we all make comments and then we all cherry pick parts of everyone else's comments and make our own out of context arguments that are all essentially pointless?
    Last edited by Smokified; 10-28-11 at 01:14 AM.
    "A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it" - George W. Bush
    "The problem with political jokes is they get elected" - Henry Cate VII

  9. #1779
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,066

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokified View Post
    He is not slamming your military service, he is slamming your ignorance. Please feel free to explain how his post was in any way a slam to your military service. You just have your panties in a bunch because he didn't automatically bow down to you and kiss your feet just because YOU FEEL you are entitled to a different respect level.

    My dad is a Vietnam vet that saw combat for several years. There are 2 very important things my dad taught me (amongst many other things):
    1) You don't need special recognition for things that you should just do anyways
    2) You need to go out and make your own life happen

    Out of curiosity, did you ever see real combat in your military career? Did you ever kill a person?
    First off, I wasn't talking to you and you don't know the background to between his and my conversation on that. You don't know me my friend. I don't expect any extra level of respect than another so you can spare me your trolling life-lecture there.

    As far as your dad. Good for him. Although I feel for him because that was some rough **** and he no doubt saw things that he can never unsee which can be tough.

    Summing up your post you make comments on me, someone that you know nothing about, make broad idiotic personal slams about as if you did know me and now you want to know more about me and my service? lol... If I thought you had any true interest, easy enough I'd tell you. You played your hand of what you like to do with personal information.

    stay classy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  10. #1780
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,066

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokified View Post
    I call cherry picking the same thing you call it. Picking whichever details you feel support your argument the most while ignoring the rest of them that debunk your argument. A perfect example of this is how you ignored the rest of my comment which points out that the quote you cherry picked also disproved your point. Care to comment on that part as well? How about the part where I pointed out that everything else you were saying was BS? Anything to say about that? Or would you rather we just play a game where we all make comments and then we all cherry pick parts of everyone else's comments and make our own out of context arguments that are all essentially pointless?
    Pick one and we'll discuss it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •