Page 172 of 197 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 1961

Thread: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

  1. #1711
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Sorry Charlie, the majority of the country no longer buys the trickle down theory. See the couple dozen polls this year that show the great majority favor eliminating the tax breaks for the rich.
    Well those polls are REAL compelling...lets see the...'rich' is defined loosely as 1%. How hard is it to think that one would not be able to get a comfortable majority in a poll of the other 99%? Especially when you ask 'tax them' or 'tax you'? This has got to be the shallowest argument in this whole issue, not directed at you but ALL those who use it.

  2. #1712
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Are you serious? Do you have any understanding of the history of Iran pre-Shah and during the Shah period?
    Do you have any understanding of what happens when the US president (Carter, in this case) withdraw's support from an ally? We get an Iranian hostage crisis and Islamofascism. Who was the president?

    Iran hostage crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  3. #1713
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Well those polls are REAL compelling...lets see the...'rich' is defined loosely as 1%. How hard is it to think that one would not be able to get a comfortable majority in a poll of the other 99%? Especially when you ask 'tax them' or 'tax you'? This has got to be the shallowest argument in this whole issue, not directed at you but ALL those who use it.
    Yeah, why shouldn't the 99% continue to subsidize the 1% and be happy about it, just as they have done for the last 30 years? Shocking, just shocking I tell you!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  4. #1714
    Student Smokified's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    12-06-11 @ 09:56 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    166

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Yeah, why shouldn't the 99% continue to subsidize the 1% and be happy about it, just as they have done for the last 30 years? Shocking, just shocking I tell you!
    Show us some statistics that back this bull**** up. 99% subsidizing the 1%.... Havn't we covered this **** already, like months ago? the 1% paid 37% of the taxes, that means that they basically subsidized the 99%.
    "A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it" - George W. Bush
    "The problem with political jokes is they get elected" - Henry Cate VII

  5. #1715
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokified View Post
    Show us some statistics that back this bull**** up. 99% subsidizing the 1%.... Havn't we covered this **** already, like months ago? the 1% paid 37% of the taxes, that means that they basically subsidized the 99%.
    Your post lacks logic. The 99%, or at least some of the 99%, have to pay taxes so the rich can get tax breaks.
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  6. #1716
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Your post lacks logic. The 99%, or at least some of the 99%, have to pay taxes so the rich can get tax breaks.
    Trying not to laugh. The top 1% earn 18% of the income, but pay 38% of the federal income tax. The bottom 47%, with all the OWS morons being in that group, pay no federal income taxes. Many are net tax recipients.

  7. #1717
    Student Smokified's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    12-06-11 @ 09:56 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    166

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Your post lacks logic. The 99%, or at least some of the 99%, have to pay taxes so the rich can get tax breaks.
    Maybe you don't understand what a tax break is, but it is not the same thing as them receiving tax money. My post does not lack logic, it is 100% fact. This has been presented with sources several times over this very 100+ page thread. What you liberals need to start doing is learning and accepting the facts, your feelings don't matter. 47% of Americans accounted for -3% of federal income tax. This has also been posted several times, with sources, in this thread.
    Last edited by Smokified; 10-27-11 at 09:00 PM.
    "A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it" - George W. Bush
    "The problem with political jokes is they get elected" - Henry Cate VII

  8. #1718
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokified View Post
    Maybe you don't understand what a tax break is, but it is not the same thing as them receiving tax money. My post does not lack logic, it is 100% fact. This has been presented with sources several times over this very 100+ page thread. What you liberals need to start doing is learning and accepting the facts, your feelings don't matter. 47% of Americans accounted for -3% of federal income tax. This has also been posted several times, with sources, in this thread.
    What liberals also seem to have a problem understanding is that a tax break means people keeping more of the money that they have earned. Seems you may be on to something in stating that liberals don't seem to understand tax breaks. They call tax cuts an expense, some seem to believe it is a check sent back to the people from some other taxpayer, others believe that the govt. needs the money more than the taxpayer so you are seeing what is so frustrating here.

  9. #1719
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokified View Post
    Show us some statistics that back this bull**** up. 99% subsidizing the 1%.... Havn't we covered this **** already, like months ago? the 1% paid 37% of the taxes, that means that they basically subsidized the 99%.

    Your tax figures do not reflect FICA taxes paid by wage earners, or gas taxes. The top 1% owns 42.7% of the wealth, and pays considerably less than that percentage of the taxes.

    http://sociology.ucsc.edu/whorulesam...er/wealth.html
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #1720
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What liberals also seem to have a problem understanding is that a tax break means people keeping more of the money that they have earned. Seems you may be on to something in stating that liberals don't seem to understand tax breaks. They call tax cuts an expense, some seem to believe it is a check sent back to the people from some other taxpayer, others believe that the govt. needs the money more than the taxpayer so you are seeing what is so frustrating here.
    When in the history has any country ever gotten out of a time of crisis we are in right now with jobs and a deficit by cutting taxes? Name one time in history, in country in the world...
    *(no one has ever answered this question)*


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •