Page 163 of 197 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 1961

Thread: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

  1. #1621
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What do you call it when you are paying over 17.5% for a mortgage, double digit inflation for everything else, have rising unemployment, and record foreclosures? The recession in 1981-1982 was worse than the one today because of the impact on the average working American who was getting buried under extremely high cost of living. there are some good studies on both recessions but to ignore what Reagan inherited is foolish.

    As for the Reagan economy I gave you the numbers which almost doubled GDP and created 17 million jobs. Think Obama is going to create 17 million jobs if he is re-elected? If so how is he going to do it demonizing the private sector and hurting small businesses with Obamacare?

    Do you really think that the American people care about how much the GDP is during a President's term? They care about the jobs and are now learning to care about the debt. Reagan created 17 million jobs, Bush gained 11 million jobs January 2002 to January 2008 and in three years Obama has lost 2.6 million jobs. Regardless of the numbers it really is about leadership and experience. Obama lacks both and shows it.

    Why are you ignoring my question, if you knew in November 2008 what the numbers would be today would you still have voted for Obama and if so why?
    Wait a minute, you don't want to talk about previous administrations! Why did that suddenly change?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #1622
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    This is a great meme if a liberal is speaking to the failures of the Obama administration, however, I find it amusing when in the same breath, many of the same libs that spout this when speaking of Obama, also blame Bush for the downfall of the economy that poor Obama took over.

    j-mac
    When did I blame Bush primarily for the problem?

    Oh wait. I didn't. You are wrong as usual. If you bothered to put any effort into your worthless posts, you'd noticed I actually blame Clinton and Gringrich as the primary source, Greenspan for his loose fiscal policy and the early 2000 GOP for their ownership society along with massive greed and stupidity in the private sector. Bush largely didn't play a big role in the mess we have. Sure he presided over the collapse, but that's not really entirely his fault per se.

    How about you start putting effort into your posts rather than assuming whatever the hell you want?

    It's really sad when someone else pointed out how I didn't make such a case...but you fools just run with it any ways because you have absolutely no skill in debate.
    Last edited by obvious Child; 10-26-11 at 02:31 AM.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  3. #1623
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Normally I don't respond to you but every once in a while I get bored and decide to do so. When did I say the U.S. Population doubles monthly? My is that ever a liberal projection. Maybe if you get someone to comprehend what is posted you wouldn't be looking so foolish.
    When you argued that discouraged workers was doubling every month. Several of us tried to point out that the BLS data you were citing was cumulative. You refused to accept that at all. The problem is that by arguing that discouraged workers was doubling that the US population was doubling as well. You totally failed to read that chart properly and you got beaten rightfully into pulp for it.

    Translation Democrat Presidents have relatively little power over the economy but Republican Presidents have total control thus destroyed it. Isn't that what you are trying to say?
    Hardly; See my previous post you liar.

    Project much? I don't have that power
    Actually if we all just treated you like the clown you are, you wouldn't be a problem.

    BLS data ISN'T cumulative it is monthly and discouraged workers aren't counted as employed or unemployed but are counted monthly. From BLS
    Wow. YOU STILL DON'T GET IT. Every month is the net total. Meaning that every month shows the net cumulative change. Seriously. You STILL DON'T understand the data you cite. That is embarrassing. I doubt you even know what cumulative means at this point.

    Nothing cumulative there but it does distort the unemployment rate which has occurred since 1994. This is the Obama unemployment rate without discouraged workers and with discouraged workers.
    Really? Nothing Cumulative In your chart?
    So every month shows an additional amount of discouraged workers? Not the TOTAL discouraged workers?

    You are literally beyond hope here.

    Since I seldom read fully what you post I don't know if you have or haven't however I do notice a lot of liberals here ignoring the lack of leadership of this President thus the very poor performance since the end of the recession.
    So basically you just made up in your head what you think I argued putting absolutely no work into finding out what I actually said.

    Basically you admit you are a liar. You don't know what I said, you just made it up and hoped it was what I said. The fact you keep doing this is an admission you are a compulsive liar.

    Obviously you have never run anything in your life for if you spent as much as Obama and generated the kind of results he has gotten, you would be fired and that is the point. Instead of blaming Bush for what is going on today you need to ask yourself why hasn't the "smartest person" ever to hold the office done a better job especially with total overwhelming control of the Congress his first two years?
    See my post above this one. Liar.

    Aw, gee, took you a little longer than usual, but you are right, I am out of my league for you see I am in the big leagues and you still are in the minors. You and your ilk have no idea what leadership is or personal responsibility so keep playing your silly partisan game while ignoring the actual results.
    You know, we point out your actual failures and that is your response.

    You don't understand what cumulative is. You cannot read BLS data properly as evident in your own post where you claimed that the BLS data isn't cumulative yet you posted cumulative data. You don't know why chain, real and nominal are different. You haven't the faintest idea why deleveraging seriously changes a recession. And you expect us to take you seriously.

    You basically make up things to attack us on when we cite very specific screw ups you have. WOW.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  4. #1624
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    You stated yesterday,”The government can produce jobs and stimulate the economy by doing so until there is enough consumer demand needed for private sector to increase production.”
    To which I inquired ‘how are we going to pay for it’. No one ever discussed ‘retiring the debt’ in fact the debt was never brought up. My point was that given the deficit spending and the annual income of the 1% how much MORE can we spend on government? There is only so much water in the bucket.

    The unmanageable debt came from 30 years of deficit spending. They are related you know. The jobs plan pays for itself by eliminating some of the tax breaks for the wealthiest. All reports show they have the most water in their bucket due to 30 years of tax breaks that benefited them most. It will take an improved economy to reduce our deficit, jobs improve the economy.



    Please review previous posts. This discussion began on the point ‘great strain on the economy’. There was no reference to recession. But since you brought it up it is undeniable that it did have an effect on the ‘dot-com bubble’ recession. Also consider ‘In New York City, there were approximately 430,000 lost job months and $2.8 billion in lost wages, which occurred in the three months following the 9/11 attacks’(Monthly Labor Review). Does this not qualify as ‘great strain’, albeit local NYC?
    Lets see a link to your source that you claim links a great strain on the economy based on the physical damage on 9/11?



    The following from ‘US Bureau of Public Debt’ reveals that the line representing ‘lower income’ folks is relatively flat. However looking closer the latest 'small uptick' appears to have occured during the Clinton administration. What is the evidence of your position?


    Your graph compares the lowest income earners to the highest income earners. My claim was the middle class tax rates have gone up over the last 30 years, while the tax rates for the most wealthy have gone down, as seen below:


    The Liberal Curmudgeon: Report Details Shift Of Tax Burden From The Wealthiest To The Middle Class


    Please provide specific evidence that supports ‘trickle down didn’t work’. Just because ‘I think so’ doesn’t make it so. Again, my evidence is ME.
    Why trickle down economics has been incredibly unsuccessful:


    The Lie and Failure of Trickle-Down Economics


    HUH? Wealthy are taxed at a lower rate than the middle class? Please provide evidence of such that is an ‘apples to apples’ comparison. The comparison of income tax to capital gains tax is not such.
    For those who primarily get their income from inheritance and capital gains, they pay a lower effective tax rate on their total income than do the middle class.

    Warren Buffet - "The "mega-rich" pay about 15 percent in taxes, while the middle class "fall into the 15 percent and 25 percent income tax brackets, and then are hit with heavy payroll taxes to boot."

    Politifact - "Overall, we rate Buffett's statement True."
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...wer-taxes-oth/
    Last edited by Catawba; 10-26-11 at 03:14 AM.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #1625
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Please explain how that crisis is similar to what Obama faced,
    The one term liberal president Carter created the Iranian crisis.
    The one term Marxist president Obama hates to let a good crisis go to waste.

  6. #1626
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Sherlock there is not room to do that today!
    "Top marginal rate under Reagan was cut to 28%"

    Why not? Why not a flat tax or the Fair Tax? Why not Cain's 9-9-9 plan?

  7. #1627
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    ....just because you may be older than dirt, that in and of itself doesnt grant you wisdom on a topic.
    But that is the way to bet.

  8. #1628
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Republicans are controlling congress by filibustering, JESUS TAP DANCING CHRIST!!!!
    HE COULD WALK ON WATER AND TAP DANCE? i'm impressed!!!

  9. #1629
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    HE COULD WALK ON WATER AND TAP DANCE? i'm impressed!!!
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  10. #1630
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    According to Gallup, job creation is on the rise and firings are dropping as well:
    Attachment 67117525
    Attachment 67117526

    Also, bls.gov shows that between September 2010 and September 2011, 1,739,000. That's almost 2 million in one year. And, per the previous report I posted, those numbers increasing more each month, yeah, I'd say it is very possible he can not only match Reagan's numbers but beat them.

    -------------------

    As for comparing recessions, I agree that the inflation probably made it difficult for every American, but this recession is not the same type of recession, so while some would have faired better in the 80's under Reagan, others are doing much worse. I already posted an entire article comparing the two recessions, if you recall. You're comparing the second half to a double dip recession to a recession that may double dip or may not - no one knows.
    For months now first time unemployment claims have been over 400,000 and that isn't going to create a net job gain. Obama has no economic policy to create 17 million jobs and small businesses which make up about 80% of the new hires aren't going to hire people with the overhang of Obamacare and the micromanaging of this Administration. Obama doesn't have a clue how to lead or manage anything as evidenced by the numbers I posted which no one has refuted. Doesn't matter how many jobs are created if their is a net job loss and since he took office it is 2.6 million.

    Still no answer to the question, wonder why?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •