Page 161 of 197 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 1961

Thread: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

  1. #1601
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I find it interesting that you are worried about how GDP is compared between Administrations. I am not worried about GDP numbers but rather than how many jobs are created and how much tax revenue comes into the govt. You are getting down into weeds with this argument so tell me do you really believe that the voters in this country care about how much GDP comes in or how it is calculated? I can answer that, NO, they don't care, they care whether or not they have or can get a job and a growing GDP generates greater demand for jobs. A growing GDP also grows govt. revenue and both matter when you cut spending and increase govt revenue.

    What I pointed out in the Obama numbers is that the GDP for 2011 was very low and I should have put in 2010 numbers showing the decline. That is what matters not the actual numbers adjusted for inflation as there was very little inflation.
    You don't? Let's see. Are you a Conservative who thinks Obama is terrible, while Bush and Reagan were great presidents (or at least good presidents)? I am guessing you are. So, when you post a giant list of random numbers about Obama as "proof" that he is not a good leader, and I can match those numbers with equally bad or worse numbers from administrations that you support, then I have successfully shown you to be a political hack (which then discredits everything you say).

    Get it?

  2. #1602
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    You don't? Let's see. Are you a Conservative who thinks Obama is terrible, while Bush and Reagan were great presidents (or at least good presidents)? I am guessing you are. So, when you post a giant list of random numbers about Obama as "proof" that he is not a good leader, and I can match those numbers with equally bad or worse numbers from administrations that you support, then I have successfully shown you to be a political hack (which then discredits everything you say).

    Get it?
    This thread is about Obama, the numbers I posted aren't random at all, they are what they are and what are important to the American people, jobs and the economy. You know that the numbers posted are accurate and calling me a political hack is a personal attack. I don't report people, never have but apparently a Mod is watching this thread these days and you run the risk of a thread ban. If you are banned then you cannot open the thread and thus your education will stop as you will learn nothing

  3. #1603
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    This thread is about Obama, the numbers I posted aren't random at all, they are what they are and what are important to the American people, jobs and the economy. You know that the numbers posted are accurate and calling me a political hack is a personal attack. I don't report people, never have but apparently a Mod is watching this thread these days and you run the risk of a thread ban. If you are banned then you cannot open the thread and thus your education will stop as you will learn nothing
    You are some one who once listed discouraged workers as cumulative instead of total amount each month. Your numbers are not exactly too likely to be accurate. Spamming the same propaganda over and over again after it has been shown that it has been debunked is amusing. Claiming things about prior administrations, and then when those numbers get shot down claiming you don't want to talk about anything other than Obama is hilarious.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #1604
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    This thread is about Obama, the numbers I posted aren't random at all, they are what they are and what are important to the American people, jobs and the economy. You know that the numbers posted are accurate and calling me a political hack is a personal attack. I don't report people, never have but apparently a Mod is watching this thread these days and you run the risk of a thread ban. If you are banned then you cannot open the thread and thus your education will stop as you will learn nothing
    I am not running the risk of a thread ban. This is a debate, and someone who would say that they dislike a president because of "this" but supports previous presidents of his own party when they had the same "this", is a political hack by definition:

    Definition of Political Hack
    A political hack is a negative term ascribed to a person who is part of the political party apparatus, but whose intentions are more aligned with victory than personal conviction. The term "hired gun" is often used in tandem to further describe the moral bankruptcy of the "hack".
    Political hack may also be used by a political opponent in order to erode confidence or credentials of an opponent or his hired campaign help. Often used to demean well credentialed individuals for political purposes.
    I've shown that GDP grew more under Obama than Bush. I've shown that GDP has grown more in the first 3 years than it did under Reagan. I've shown that both Bush and Reagan posted positive GDP growth one year, and then had it fall the next year. I've shown poor employment numbers for Bush and Reagan. I've shown similar level of misery index (higher for Reagan and just lower for Bush) to Obama. I've shown extremely poor approval ratings for Bush and around 40% for Reagan (which just about matches Obama).

    Every time I do this, you say, "well this isn't about them", but you have made it about them by supporting them by not supporting Obama while you support them for the same reasons. I have asked you multiple times to provide one reason why Obama has done a worse job than Reagan, and all you can say is "taxes and leadership", which literally makes no sense. You have spewed enough rhetoric on this thread to last this board for a decade, but I will remain here debunking every out-of-context statistic you post until you are done misrepresenting Obama and yourself.

    *Edit:

    Though I do appreciate that you didn't rat people out - I don't report people either. I'm not in third grade and I can handle myself. I do respect for that.

    --------------------

    **Edit again: And I want to be clear, I am not saying that Obama was better or worse than Bush or Reagan. As you said, they are not up for reelection, so I really don't care. My only point here is that he is clearly not as bad as your are making him out to be considering the conditions he inherited when he became president. Let's be honest, he's had a rough go at things when it comes to the economy, and though I know you probably don't agree with his health care bill, besides that he has accomplished much - especially in the world of counterterrorism. Obviously you want your guy to win next November, but I would like to see you advocate for the republican party in a more honest fashion.
    Last edited by whysoserious; 10-25-11 at 11:17 PM.

  5. #1605
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    I am not running the risk of a thread ban. This is a debate, and someone who would say that they dislike a president because of "this" but supports previous presidents of his own party when they had the same "this", is a political hack by definition:

    Definition of Political Hack


    I've shown that GDP grew more under Obama than Bush. I've shown that GDP has grown more in the first 3 years than it did under Reagan. I've shown that both Bush and Reagan posted positive GDP growth one year, and then had it fall the next year. I've shown poor employment numbers for Bush and Reagan. I've shown similar level of misery index (higher for Reagan and just lower for Bush) to Obama. I've shown extremely poor approval ratings for Bush and around 40% for Reagan (which just about matches Obama).

    Every time I do this, you say, "well this isn't about them", but you have made it about them by supporting them but not supporting Obama for the same reasons. I have asked you multiple times to provide one reason why Obama has done a worse job than Reagan, and all you can say is "taxes and leadership", which literally makes no sense. You have spewed enough rhetoric on this thread to last this board for a decade, but I will remain here debunking every out-of-context statistic you post until you are done misrepresenting Obama and yourself.

    *Edit:

    Though I do appreciate that you didn't rat people out - I don't report people either. I'm not in third grade and I can handle myself. I do respect for that.
    Weren't you the one talking about context? I gave you the Obama numbers and those numbers are exactly, 100% accurate and I believe you know that. When I posted the GDP numbers for Obama they were for 2011 and then compared to 2010, is that a sign that things are better? When I posted the employment and unemployment numbers which are worse than when he took office is that relevant especially based upon the commitment made?

    I assume you voted for Obama and if so are these the results you expected? When you posted the Bush numbers and Reagan numbers you ignored when their economic policies went into effect yet blame them for the numbers you claim they generated. That is more of a political hack than anything I have ever done

  6. #1606
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Just because your ideology is failing you is no need to be bitter to others about it.
    My ideology concerning your inability to get a web link to work is failing???? I'm not bitter but rather you link would work.

    ps. about how far back was that post???

  7. #1607
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Don't sweat it man. I've done the same a thousand times.
    I thought we beat this horse last night???

  8. #1608
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Weren't you the one talking about context? I gave you the Obama numbers and those numbers are exactly, 100% accurate and I believe you know that. When I posted the GDP numbers for Obama they were for 2011 and then compared to 2010, is that a sign that things are better? When I posted the employment and unemployment numbers which are worse than when he took office is that relevant especially based upon the commitment made?

    I assume you voted for Obama and if so are these the results you expected? When you posted the Bush numbers and Reagan numbers you ignored when their economic policies went into effect yet blame them for the numbers you claim they generated. That is more of a political hack than anything I have ever done
    No I did not. Every negative GDP stat I posted was after their policies had taken place. I'll do it again:

    Reagan
    1982q2 2.2 (Jan 1982 - one quarter after Reagan's budgets and policies should have been in place)
    1982q3 -1.5
    1982q4 0.3

    Bush
    2002q2 2.1 (Jan 2002 - Also one quarter after Bush's budget and policies should have been in place)
    2002q3 2.0
    2002q4 0.1
    2003q1 1.7

    --------------------

    Those are both after each president had a chance to implement his new policies and budgets. Now, as I said, it is misleading because it is only a small portion of the picture, but is no different than what you've done. I am not saying Reagan and Bush were bad because of those numbers, but by your understanding of the situation, they should be.
    Last edited by whysoserious; 10-25-11 at 11:25 PM.

  9. #1609
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    No I did not. Every negative GDP stat I posted was after their policies had taken place. I'll do it again:

    Reagan
    1982q2 2.2 (Jan 1982 - one quarter after Reagan's budgets and policies should have been in place)
    1982q3 -1.5
    1982q4 0.3

    Bush
    2002q2 2.1 (Jan 2002 - Also one quarter after Bush's budget and policies should have been in place)
    2002q3 2.0
    2002q4 0.1
    2003q1 1.7

    --------------------

    Those are both after each president had a chance to implement his new policies and budgets. Now, as I said, it is misleading because it is only a small portion of the picture, but is no different than what you've done. I am not saying Reagan and Bush were bad because of those numbers, but by your understanding of the situation, they should be.
    And the recession began in July 1981 and it was a severe one. Reagan's first tax cut went into effect the first qtr of fiscal year 1981 and continued the next two years. A true test of any President is how their economic policies are two years after the end of a recession, not during the recession.

    I lived and worked during those times, did you? what you want to ignore is that with all the negative numbers in 1981 and 1982 Reagan still had incredible economic growth and added 17 million jobs to the economy. Bush took over a 9.9 trillion dollar economy that was going into recession and then 9/11 which was quite a shock and led to job losses. From January 2002 to January 2008 the Bush economy created 11 million jobs. Since Obama took office we have lost more jobs than what he inherited.

    Now I will ask you my previous question a different way, if you knew in November 2008 that we would have the numbers we have today would you have voted for Obama and if so why?

  10. #1610
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Now I will ask you my previous question a different way, if you knew in November 2008 that we would have the numbers we have today would you have voted for Obama and if so why?
    What does your crystal ball say McCain Palin 's numbers would have been ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •