Page 15 of 197 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 1961

Thread: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

  1. #141
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Originally Posted by Turtledud:
    I ave a feeling you wouldn't like the results if we turned our political disputes into a gun battle.
    Dude, if there was ever anything but a target in front of you you'd soil your panties.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  2. #142
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Don't know...
    "The protests in Egypt consist of a very small percentage of the population. The largest protest which has taken place called for a million Egyptians to march in Cairo and around 250,000 actually participated in a country of 80 million people."
    Egypt’s Crisis Emphasises Hypocrisy Of Obama And The Left | RedState

    So despite your earlier claim their numbers were insufficient, it would seem that a relatively small percentage of the total population can make a big difference.

    It's not the number, it's the reason... if there's a good enough reason that resonates --- the numbers will follow. So far, the numbers are not significant because there is no clear reason.
    Oh, we are moving the goal away from the number to the reason now...............very well, the reason resonates among the middle class..............economic justice!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #143
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    Let's see how this plays out....

    Obama: The Republicans blocked my bill that would have fed the world and cured cancer.

    GOP candidate: Many Dems in the Senate said that there is no way they would have voted to pass it. Very similiar to your budget that was voted down 0-98.
    Spot the disconnect ...

    1Perry: "Many Dems..."

    BBC (Before retraction): "several Democrats..."

  4. #144
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Hare View Post
    The vast majority of the people supporting the bill do so solely because of the name not it's content, not unlike the Patriot Act.
    We'll find out if you are right or not next November! I am betting you are not right.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #145
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti

    The BBC retracted that part of the story. You can't even find it in their current version. The BBC no longer supports that even though you cling to it.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post

    But yet you can find it in this article. Something that you say can't even be found now takes precedent over something right in the article posted here? LOL
    Well here's their current version of that story. I don't know how you see it there, but I don't. You must be seeing things.

    Republicans block Obama jobs bill

  6. #146
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post

    Oh, it was "an implicit promise"!!
    That was the part you found hysterical?? I almost busted a gut on the part where he said he could prove it but just didn't feel like it.

  7. #147
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    why are you lying so much?
    Perhaps because he doesn't have what it takes to stand, or even to sit up.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  8. #148
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    "The protests in Egypt consist of a very small percentage of the population. The largest protest which has taken place called for a million Egyptians to march in Cairo and around 250,000 actually participated in a country of 80 million people."
    Egypt’s Crisis Emphasises Hypocrisy Of Obama And The Left | RedState
    Ever been to Egypt? It's population centers are few and fair between. You don't really need to have massive protests once the secret police are gone. You take the heart of Cairo, Alexandria and a few other cities, you have Egypt. 80 million spread out in density like Wyoming is super different from density like Singapore.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  9. #149
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,080

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by conservativeguy View Post
    LMFAO....only 50 lib senators voted for BO's Porkulus II
    once again, the only thing Bi-Partisan about the "Post-Partisan President"s agenda is the opposition to it.

  10. #150
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,080

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Originally Posted by Turtledud:

    Dude, if there was ever anything but a target in front of you you'd soil your panties.
    Sgt H. (i won't give his full name, no need to make trouble for him). Looks like your very ordinary, fit, male age 24-28ish. He has a natural smile, is about 5'7, probably weighs about 160ish, and a natural soft voice with a slow easy southern drawl and grin.

    He is also the scariest ****ing man I have ever met in my life. Sgt H is the sole surviving member of his original squad. He has literally killed with his hands. He was shot by an AK-47.... in the face. I have seen him roll out of vehicles doing 25-30 miles an hour onto pavement, jump off second story buildings in order to correct Marines, and run every other Marine (save one, no, definitely not me) into the dirt. He was kicked out of being a teacher at the Marine Corps School of Infantry because it was felt that he was too angry and violent. In a world of high-testosterone, legitimately tough guys, everyone (to include officers) respects and gives Sgt H. space. As a boot, we all feared having to wake him up, because we knew that the mans' PTSD meant that touching him or startling him while sleeping meant he was going to spend the first second or so of waking up trying to kill you. I would sooner just go ahead and smash my face into a brick wall as ever get into a violent confrontation with that man.

    And to meet him on the street, you would never, ever know it. He dotes on his toddler son and you'd probably think he was just the sweetest daddy in the whole wide world.

    After I met Sgt H, I decided I would never again assume that someone I did not know was not dangerous.
    Last edited by cpwill; 10-13-11 at 04:38 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •