Page 122 of 197 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1961

Thread: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

  1. #1211
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Why don't you interpret the 25 million unemployed and under employed Americans? Tell me how the voter will interpret that data since it is higher than when he took office and Bush never had those kind of numbers? What is there to interpret? It is what it is? How about interpreting the 2.6 million fewer employed today than when he took office. How about interpreting the declining GDP in 2011 vs. 2010? Maybe you could interpret for me the 4.2 trillion added to the debt added by this Administration and the results generated? Be my guest, give it your best shot because that is what the voter will be doing in Nov. 2012
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/2012-u...post1059891740

    The only thing, imho, that he didn't debunk are these 3:

    Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.97 (The United States Misery Index By Year)
    38-41% JAR and well over 50-55% disapproval ratings(Gallup)
    4.2 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years(U.S. Treasury Site)

    Again, those 3 aren't debunked by HIM, that doesn't give your argument anymore merit.
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  2. #1212
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,282

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Also conservative, you should add the EXACT link to where you got your data, that way we can make sure you aren't pulling it off a Employment/Wage/Hours worked graph.
    You can do to bls.gov, home page, click on home page, unemployment, under unemployment click on national unemployment, then on current unemployment page go to the bottom and click on top picks. That allows you to see whatever chart you want and for whatever period of time you want

  3. #1213
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,282

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/2012-u...post1059891740

    The only thing, imho, that he didn't debunk are these 3:

    Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.97 (The United States Misery Index By Year)
    38-41% JAR and well over 50-55% disapproval ratings(Gallup)
    4.2 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years(U.S. Treasury Site)

    Again, those 3 aren't debunked by HIM, that doesn't give your argument anymore merit.
    He debunked it why, because he said so? You have no idea what those charts showed and where the data came from for those charts but because you were told they were accurate you bought it. If I told you they were accurate you wouldn't believe it so why do you believe what you were told. Get the facts yourself

  4. #1214
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    The political dilemma of the party of just-say-no-to-jobs:

    The Job Situation Tops Deficit Reduction as Top Economic Worry for Most Americans

    "The number of Americans worried most about the job situation has been on the increase since March when it was 34 percent. Those worried most about the deficit peaked in May and July, at 28 percent and 29 percent respectively, before declining to the current 22 percent."

    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #1215
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,282

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It's already been explained to you many times. Somehow you manage to not know it.
    No, it was explained with liberal diversion and double speak thus downright lies. Prove me wrong and be a hero.

  6. #1216
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, it was explained with liberal diversion and double speak thus downright lies. Prove me wrong and be a hero.
    Which is conservative speak for I don't want to have to answer, so Im leaping to step 5.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #1217
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    He debunked it why, because he said so? You have no idea what those charts showed and where the data came from for those charts but because you were told they were accurate you bought it. If I told you they were accurate you wouldn't believe it so why do you believe what you were told. Get the facts yourself
    If you don't think his facts are right, by all means, prove them wrong. But if you want to sit here and tell me to go prove something wrong that I think is right; then, you have lost your mind.
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  8. #1218
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,282

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    The political dilemma of the party of just-say-no-to-jobs:

    The Job Situation Tops Deficit Reduction as Top Economic Worry for Most Americans

    "The number of Americans worried most about the job situation has been on the increase since March when it was 34 percent. Those worried most about the deficit peaked in May and July, at 28 percent and 29 percent respectively, before declining to the current 22 percent."

    No question about it, jobs will be on the ballot in 2008 and no President in modern history post 1950 has ever been re-elected with unemployment higher than 8%. The current Obama unemployment is over 9.7% when you add discourged workers back where they belong into unemployment. You keep buying Obama rhetoric and ignoring Obama results. Obama tells you what you want to hear and because he is a liberal you cannot accept the fact that he is lying to you.

  9. #1219
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No question about it, jobs will be on the ballot in 2008 and no President in modern history post 1950 has ever been re-elected with unemployment higher than 8%. The current Obama unemployment is over 9.7% when you add discourged workers back where they belong into unemployment. You keep buying Obama rhetoric and ignoring Obama results. Obama tells you what you want to hear and because he is a liberal you cannot accept the fact that he is lying to you.
    If you don't trust the government so much, how do you justify pulling statistics off of their sites?
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  10. #1220
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No question about it, jobs will be on the ballot in 2008 and no President in modern history post 1950 has ever been re-elected with unemployment higher than 8%. The current Obama unemployment is over 9.7% when you add discourged workers back where they belong into unemployment. You keep buying Obama rhetoric and ignoring Obama results. Obama tells you what you want to hear and because he is a liberal you cannot accept the fact that he is lying to you.
    Odd to hear you argue government is the answer. Government has to fix the economy because the private sector can't. Right?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •