Page 117 of 197 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1961

Thread: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

  1. #1161
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Love it, instead of addressing the actual data I have become the issue with liberals. OC, noticed that you ignored the actual Obama results but instead prefer to make me the issue. That is the sign of desparation and attempts at politics of personal destruction. Try as you might the facts remain, the Obama record is there for all to see and are as I have posted probably hunders of times now. You can continue to personally attack me but that doesn't change the Obama record.

    I have asked that the data be proven wrong and no one has done that. Why don't you try? What is it about liberalism that creates such loyalty? Keep attacking me personally while ignoring the Obama results. Diversion is the greatest form of flattery. No one can change the reality that Jimmy Carter is smiling these days as Obama will replace him as our worst President in modern history.
    Nah, Carter still holds the title, if for nothing else at least Obama succeeded in being in the office when our military led a successful mission to kill OBL, while Carter's hapless ass saw the military at the time fail to free the hostages.

    Pure luck mind you, but still these things do stick.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #1162
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Nah, Carter still holds the title, if for nothing else at least Obama succeeded in being in the office when our military led a successful mission to kill OBL, while Carter's hapless ass saw the military at the time fail to free the hostages.

    Pure luck mind you, but still these things do stick.

    j-mac
    Good point, in looking at the polls no other President had poll numbers this low other than Carter so Obama still does beat Carter in the polls at this time in his Presidency. The problem continues to be that Obama supporters will do anything and everything to divert from his record including personal attacks. Results don't matter to leftwing ideologues whose ideology trump results. We give these leftwing zealots way too much credit for having the same values as we have because they don't. Many are simply brainwashed and being manipulated by others with a leftwing agenda and that has put us on a downward spiral.

  3. #1163
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Good point, in looking at the polls no other President had poll numbers this low other than Carter so Obama still does beat Carter in the polls at this time in his Presidency. The problem continues to be that Obama supporters will do anything and everything to divert from his record including personal attacks. Results don't matter to leftwing ideologues whose ideology trump results. We give these leftwing zealots way too much credit for having the same values as we have because they don't. Many are simply brainwashed and being manipulated by others with a leftwing agenda and that has put us on a downward spiral.
    No doubt. It is the "progressive" movement that hid under a large rock back in the 40s and now has re emerged seeing these times as their best chance to change America into what they want. And it isn't limited to liberals alone, there are Conservative progressives as well.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #1164
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Lets make it even more legible...

    Source BLS.gov of course...

    Attachment 67117233

    This is why you don't like to consider trends.
    Noticed your chart ended in April 2010. Now for the rest of the story from BLS.gov, private sector jobs in this country. Notice that 110.98 million people held private sector jobs in January 2009 and at the end of Sept. that was 109.3 million jobs which after 2 3/4 years after taking office is a NET JOB LOSS of 1.6 million of the 2.6 million net job losses since Obama took office. That is reality, live with it. Great trend, right?

    Employment, Hours, and Earnings from the Current Employment Statistics survey (National)
    Original Data Value

    Series Id: CES0500000001
    Seasonally Adjusted
    Super Sector: Total private
    Industry: Total private
    NAICS Code: -
    Data Type: ALL EMPLOYEES, THOUSANDS
    Years: 2001 to 2011

    2009 110981 110260 109473 108700 108374 107936 107649 107434 107221 106971 106937 106835
    2010 106793 106772 106916 107145 107193 107258 107351 107461 107570 107713 107841 108008
    2011 108102 108363 108582 108823 108922 108997 109170 109212 109349

  5. #1165
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Lets make it even more legible...

    This is why you don't like to consider trends.
    Let's do consider trends. Again from your source BLS.gov
    employment.jpg

    Note the declining trend as Bush entered office...Now who was pres prior???...Now notice the trend throughout his presidency until the Democrats gained the House majority. It would appear Bush turned the trend around just as you say (correctly) that Obama has. Now notice the difference between the peak during the Bush years and the 'peak' so far during the Obama administration. Appears to be a DRASTIC difference. BHO may yet achieve the Bush level of employment but he has a LONG way to go.

    Are THESE the kinda "trends we don't want to consider"?

  6. #1166
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Let's do consider trends. Again from your source BLS.gov
    employment.jpg

    Note the declining trend as Bush entered office...Now who was pres prior???...Now notice the trend throughout his presidency until the Democrats gained the House majority. It would appear Bush turned the trend around just as you say (correctly) that Obama has. Now notice the difference between the peak during the Bush years and the 'peak' so far during the Obama administration. Appears to be a DRASTIC difference. BHO may yet achieve the Bush level of employment but he has a LONG way to go.

    Are THESE the kinda "trends we don't want to consider"?
    Here is something that liberals also don't understand and refuse to recognize. The policy of calculating the unemployment rate changed in 1994 as discouraged workers are not counted as employed or unemployed which impacts the percentage change in the unemployment rate. Discouraged workers are individuals who have dropped out of the labor force because they are discouraged by the labor market and the prospects of getting a job. These people are truly unemployed but not counted as unemployed. Notice the monthly figures in thousands for the last four years and notice that the monthly figure for Obama has averaged over a million discouraged workers not counted as unemployed which understates the unemployment percentage. Since taking office there have been an average of 977,000 discouraged workers a month with over a million last month. Add 1 million more to the unemployed and check out the rate.

    Discouraged workers
    2008 467 396 401 412 400 420 461 381 467 484 608 642
    2009 734 731 685 740 792 793 796 758 706 808 861 929
    2010 1065 1204 994 1197 1083 1207 1185 1110 1209 1219 1282 1318
    2011 993 1020 921 989 822 982 1119 977 1037

  7. #1167
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Let's do consider trends. Again from your source BLS.gov
    employment.jpg

    Note the declining trend as Bush entered office...Now who was pres prior???...Now notice the trend throughout his presidency until the Democrats gained the House majority. It would appear Bush turned the trend around just as you say (correctly) that Obama has. Now notice the difference between the peak during the Bush years and the 'peak' so far during the Obama administration. Appears to be a DRASTIC difference. BHO may yet achieve the Bush level of employment but he has a LONG way to go.

    Are THESE the kinda "trends we don't want to consider"?
    The problem with this graph is that it encompasses three things, Employment (Good), Hours (Sort of off topic), and Earnings. The last two skew the data from just Employment, which I presume we are looking at. We also, as you pointed out, are looking at trends. See poweRob's post .
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  8. #1168
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Americans Favor Jobs Plan Proposals, Including Taxing Rich
    Majority say Obama's jobs plan will help economy at least "a little"

    "This is the second Gallup survey conducted in the last two weeks showing that the American public broadly supports Obama's jobs plan. A majority of Americans interviewed this past weekend believe the plan would help at least a little to create jobs and improve the economy.

    Many of the proposals embedded in the plan receive majority support, and Americans strongly endorse the idea of paying for the plan by raising taxes on higher-income individual taxpayers and by eliminating tax deductions for some corporations. While Republicans are considerably less positive about the potential efficacy of the plan than are Democrats, a majority of the former favor a number of Obama's proposals, and also favor eliminating tax deductions for corporations to help fund the plan."
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #1169
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Americans Favor Jobs Plan Proposals, Including Taxing Rich
    Majority say Obama's jobs plan will help economy at least "a little"

    "This is the second Gallup survey conducted in the last two weeks showing that the American public broadly supports Obama's jobs plan. A majority of Americans interviewed this past weekend believe the plan would help at least a little to create jobs and improve the economy.

    Many of the proposals embedded in the plan receive majority support, and Americans strongly endorse the idea of paying for the plan by raising taxes on higher-income individual taxpayers and by eliminating tax deductions for some corporations. While Republicans are considerably less positive about the potential efficacy of the plan than are Democrats, a majority of the former favor a number of Obama's proposals, and also favor eliminating tax deductions for corporations to help fund the plan."
    Sounds exactly like the people who vote Democratic

    12 REASONS TO VOTE DEMOCRAT

    When your family or friends cannot explain why they voted Democrat, give
    Them this list. Then they can then pick a reason from this "TOP 12"..

    1. I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.

    2. I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

    3. I voted Democrat because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.

    4. I voted Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.

    5. I voted Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.

    6. I voted Democrat because I'm not concerned about millions of babies being aborted so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.

    7. I voted Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits, and we should take away the social security from those who paid into it.

    8. I voted Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democrats see fit.

    9. I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.

    10.. I voted Democrat because I think that it's better to pay billions to people who hate us for their oil, but not drill our own because it might upset some endangered beetle, gopher or fish.

    11. I voted Democrat because while we live in the greatest, most wonderful country in the world, I was promised "HOPE AND CHANGE".

    12. I voted Democrat because my head is so firmly planted up my ass, it's unlikely that I'll ever have another point of view.

  10. #1170
    Antichrist
    zgoldsmith23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TN
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Sounds exactly like the people who vote Democratic
    Two can play as that game, dumba**

    1. I voted Republican because I believe that oil companies can never make enough profits, even when the rest of the economy is taking hits left and right.

    2. I voted Republican because rather than give my money to the government— with its checks, balances, and elections—I prefer to give my money to corporations, whose primary goal is to make money and whose leaders are accountable only to themselves.

    3. I voted Republican because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as it’s promulgated by conservative Christians.

    4. I voted Republican because it’s perfectly acceptable for any yokel to purchase a repeating rifle at a gun show and wield it in parks, malls, and schools.

    5. I voted Republican because it’s more important for corporations to have the right to send pollutants into the air and water than to heed the warnings of virtually every reputable climatologist in the world about environmental threats.

    6. I voted Republican because government should stay out of our lives except when it comes to telling women what to do with their own bodies or telling gay people whom they can and cannot marry or telling anyone whether and how to pray.

    7. I voted Republican because children of illegal immigrants, who had no say in their parents’ decision to come to the U.S., should be deprived of health care, education, and Social Security benefits, no matter how needy they are or how much they’ve contributed to their country.

    8. I voted Republican because businesses shouldn’t feel compelled to give anything back to the government that gave them all kinds of tax breaks and subsidies.

    9. I voted Republican because I believe conservative judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days so that, for example, corporations can gain status as individuals.

    10. I voted Republican because I think it’s better to rely on resources that contribute to war, dictatorships, and environmental catastrophe than to expend the capital to develop safer sources of energy.

    11. I voted Republican because while we live in the greatest, most wonderful country in the world, I long to return to the Bush years when we failed to prevent an attack by terrorists, spent billions of dollars and thousands of lives on unprovoked wars, suppressed scientific studies that contradicted administration policy, routinely tortured prisoners, lied to Congress and the people, fostered an oppressive surveillance network on our own citizens, presided over a widening gulf between the rich and the poor, oversaw our economy making the transition from surplus to huge deficit, mismanaged immigration policy, appointed reactionary judges to the U.S. Supreme Court, condoned all sorts of administrative malfeasance, gave Federal money to churches and religious organizations, neglected areas of the country hit by natural disasters, and encouraged political discourse that sought the lowest possible level of an intellectual exchange of ideas.

    12. I voted Republican because I favor greed, religious fervor, and simplistic thinking over kindness, rationality, and critical analysis.
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I've never denied my own hackish tendencies
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin dÁr View Post
    scientific by itself isn't enough of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Not all Nazis were bad people

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •