Page 116 of 197 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1961

Thread: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

  1. #1151
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,078

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Lets make it even more legible...

    Source BLS.gov of course...

    jobs.jpg

    This is why you don't like to consider trends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  2. #1152
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Trends mean nothing to you because Bush destroyed the private sector jobs market and Obama's record is fixing it. That is the only reason trends mean nothing to you. Because then you can't blame Obama with your Obama Derangement Syndrome.

    Attachment 67117232
    Lot of people here buy the media spin on the Bush years and ignore reality. That is why I always use BLS, BEA and Treasury Data because it is non biased and non partisan unlike the media. Bush didn't do any of what you claim by himself and had a Democrat Congress the last two years of his Administration. Obama had total control of Congress for the first two years of his Administration and the results are worse than they were when he took office. You can point ot trends but the bottomline is all that matters as does the cost of generating those results. 4.2 trillion added to the debt to generate a net job loss of 2.6 million jobs is all that matters no matter what the trend.

  3. #1153
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Lets make it even more legible...

    Source BLS.gov of course...

    jobs.jpg

    This is why you don't like to consider trends.
    And this is why you don't like actual results

    Obama economic results in 2011,
    .4% GDP and 1.3% GDP growth in 2011(bea.gov)
    25+ million unemployed or under employed Americans in 2011(bls.gov)
    2.6 million fewer jobs(bls.gov)
    4.2 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years(U.S. Treasury Site)
    Downgrade of the U.S. credit rating(S&P)
    Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.97 (The United States Misery Index By Year)
    38-41% JAR and well over 50-55% disapproval ratings(Gallup)

  4. #1154
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,078

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And this is why you don't like actual results

    Obama economic results in 2011,
    .4% GDP and 1.3% GDP growth in 2011(bea.gov)
    25+ million unemployed or under employed Americans in 2011(bls.gov)
    2.6 million fewer jobs(bls.gov)
    4.2 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years(U.S. Treasury Site)
    Downgrade of the U.S. credit rating(S&P)
    Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.97 (The United States Misery Index By Year)
    38-41% JAR and well over 50-55% disapproval ratings(Gallup)
    And this utter thrashing you received for cutting a pasting lies is why you don't like the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  5. #1155
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Lets make it even more legible...

    Source BLS.gov of course...

    jobs.jpg

    This is why you don't like to consider trends.
    In October when it began to look as if the Marxist would be elected businesses fired non-essential people. Of the 700,000 who lost their jobs, 100,000 may have lost them because he was elected. Then, in Dec, 2008, Jan, Feb and March the number stayed above 700,000 losses per month. The graph ends in April 2011. It is now October of 2011. What does it look like with the additional nearly two years of data?

    What is the cumulative job loss, say from Dec 07 to the present? Do we have a net gain in jobs, or a net loss of jobs? We know the answer is a net loss of jobs. How many of the nearly 3 million net loss can be attributed to the numbers between Dec 07 and Dec 08, when President Bush was still in office? Was it about 2 million (just from eyeballing the graph)? How many jobs do we need for the private sector to create to have full employment? Why won't the private sector create those jobs?

  6. #1156
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And Democrats have found their Jimmy Carter. No reason to vote for Obama as his record will be on the ballot in Nov. 2012 and unemployment will be the issue. You have offered no reason to vote for Obama nor have you refuted the record. That speaks volumes.
    I hope you realize that in the 4 years Jimmy Carter was in office, there were more than 3 times the amount of jobs created than in the 8 years President Bush was in office, with a smaller population:

    Bush On Jobs: The Worst Track Record On Record - Real Time Economics - WSJ


  7. #1157
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    You're wasting your time on him. Most of the people who have turned Conservative into processed meat have given up on him. We all know he's wrong. We all know he cannot read data properly. We all know he will never admit he's wrong on anything.

    You'd have better chances trying to convince a diehard creationist of evolution then you will of convincing Conservative of anything he doesn't currently accept. Put him on your figurative ignore list and move on.

    Conservative could not figure out that BLS data was cumulative. Even when the columns were "Total US working population." It's that sad.
    Last edited by obvious Child; 10-24-11 at 03:23 AM.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  8. #1158
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    I hope you realize that in the 4 years Jimmy Carter was in office, there were more than 3 times the amount of jobs created than in the 8 years President Bush was in office, with a smaller population:

    Bush On Jobs: The Worst Track Record On Record - Real Time Economics - WSJ
    You are going to be in total shock when you go into the voting booth in Nov. 2012 and not see Bush on the ballot. Doesn't matter what Bush did as the Obama results are worse and it only cost 4.2 trillion added to the debt to get those numbers. Jimmy Carter is smiling today as Obama is replacing him as our worst President.

  9. #1159
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,306

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    In October when it began to look as if the Marxist would be elected businesses fired non-essential people. Of the 700,000 who lost their jobs, 100,000 may have lost them because he was elected. Then, in Dec, 2008, Jan, Feb and March the number stayed above 700,000 losses per month. The graph ends in April 2011. It is now October of 2011. What does it look like with the additional nearly two years of data?

    What is the cumulative job loss, say from Dec 07 to the present? Do we have a net gain in jobs, or a net loss of jobs? We know the answer is a net loss of jobs. How many of the nearly 3 million net loss can be attributed to the numbers between Dec 07 and Dec 08, when President Bush was still in office? Was it about 2 million (just from eyeballing the graph)? How many jobs do we need for the private sector to create to have full employment? Why won't the private sector create those jobs?
    This is a great point, however don't expect it to be answered objectively, or truthfully by anyone still backing Obama today. According to them, the entire Obama presidency that is negative is still Bush's fault, and when cumulative data like NET jobs loss is pointed out, it is either totally ignored, or excused away by simply saying that Obama inherited a mess.

    As long as such blind sycophancy is prevalent among the 17% or so of the population that can see no wrong with their savior Obama, the debate is not one that will reach any conclusion.

    Remember, these are the same people that tout that there is actually job creation, and that Obama's stimulus was a success.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #1160
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    You're wasting your time on him. Most of the people who have turned Conservative into processed meat have given up on him. We all know he's wrong. We all know he cannot read data properly. We all know he will never admit he's wrong on anything.

    You'd have better chances trying to convince a diehard creationist of evolution then you will of convincing Conservative of anything he doesn't currently accept. Put him on your figurative ignore list and move on.

    Conservative could not figure out that BLS data was cumulative. Even when the columns were "Total US working population." It's that sad.
    Love it, instead of addressing the actual data I have become the issue with liberals. OC, noticed that you ignored the actual Obama results but instead prefer to make me the issue. That is the sign of desparation and attempts at politics of personal destruction. Try as you might the facts remain, the Obama record is there for all to see and are as I have posted probably hunders of times now. You can continue to personally attack me but that doesn't change the Obama record.

    I have asked that the data be proven wrong and no one has done that. Why don't you try? What is it about liberalism that creates such loyalty? Keep attacking me personally while ignoring the Obama results. Diversion is the greatest form of flattery. No one can change the reality that Jimmy Carter is smiling these days as Obama will replace him as our worst President in modern history.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •