Page 11 of 197 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 1961

Thread: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

  1. #101
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    The good thing to come out of this....is that it just further cements which party represents the interests of the 1%....and which party represents the interests of the rest of us.
    The 1% being the OWS and that's a generous number... the 99% is the rest of America who's still going to work everyday to pay their bills, feed their family's or is out searching for a job and have been for a very long time to do the same things.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  2. #102
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    The 1% being the OWS and that's a generous number... the 99% is the rest of America who's still going to work everyday to pay their bills, feed their family's or is out searching for a job and have been for a very long time to do the same things.
    Nice try....but the facts speak for themselves. The Republican party's true interest lies in ensuring that the top earning 1% of this country pays less in taxes than much of the rest. The REpublican party will fight tooth and nail to protect the wealthy and will do little to help the remaining 99%. This just further solidifies it.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #103
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Nice try....but the facts speak for themselves.
    The fact is, if you add up all the OWS protests around the country, the number of people is < 0.01% of the total population, so it's a gimme you should take when I state it's 1%. I'm being VERY generous.

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    The Republican party's true interest lies in ensuring that the top earning 1% of this country pays less in taxes than much of the rest. The REpublican party will fight tooth and nail to protect the wealthy and will do little to help the remaining 99%. This just further solidifies it.
    Problem is we're not talking about the Republican party - which was a nice red herring to divert the issue. So tell me DD... when will these people start rioting and breaking ****? A week or two? Month maybe before they get frustrated and the idiots within the groups start getting the rest all ginned up to go kick ass?
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by conservativeguy View Post

    The vote they had yesterday was not on the actual bill, it was a procedural vote to advance the bill so that it could be voted on in the future. Numerous liberals senators said they were either not going to vote for the bill or they were leaning against supporting it. Those senators were given a gift yesterday by Dingy Harry. Dingy allowed the senators to vote on considering the bill, knowing full well it wouldn't pass the 60 vote mark, so that the lib's could claim they want to help create jobs. Had the actual bill been voted on, the dem's would not have received even 48 votes in it's favor.
    There were only a few Democrats who stated they would vote against it. There were still enough to pass it. If the bill had no chance, Republicans would not have needed to stick their neck out and block it.

  5. #105
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    There were only a few Democrats who stated they would vote against it. There were still enough to pass it. If the bill had no chance, Republicans would not have needed to stick their neck out and block it.
    Is that why Reid blocked McConnell's request to vote on Oct 4th on the procedural vote - because there were still enough to pass it? Maybe that's also why there were no co-sponsors on the bill too.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  6. #106
    Sage
    ksu_aviator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,692
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Nice try....but the facts speak for themselves. The Republican party's true interest lies in ensuring that the top earning 1% of this country pays less in taxes than much of the rest. The REpublican party will fight tooth and nail to protect the wealthy and will do little to help the remaining 99%. This just further solidifies it.
    No, the Republican party's interest lie in protecting freedoms. Unlike the democrats that have chosen to create classes and assign liberties and freedoms to the classes they deem more suitable.
    You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: Love your neighbor as yourself.

  7. #107
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    All that obumble wanted was a headline

    GOP BLOCKS JOBS BILL

    which of course his toadies in the press gave him

    there was never any intention for this bill to pass-it was merely to get a headline to use against the GOP

    the only job it was trying to save was that of the turd in the whitehouse



  8. #108
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    The fact is, if you add up all the OWS protests around the country, the number of people is < 0.01% of the total population, so it's a gimme you should take when I state it's 1%. I'm being VERY generous.
    What was the percentage of Egyptians that protested? And what percentage is required to affect decisions by the public?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #109
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Nice try....but the facts speak for themselves. The Republican party's true interest lies in ensuring that the top earning 1% of this country pays less in taxes than much of the rest. The REpublican party will fight tooth and nail to protect the wealthy and will do little to help the remaining 99%. This just further solidifies it.
    why are you lying so much? the top one percent pay 40% of the income tax which is more than what the bottom 70% pay. are you saying the top one percent should pay 51% of the federal taxes?



  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    There were only a few Democrats who stated they would vote against it. There were still enough to pass it. If the bill had no chance, Republicans would not have needed to stick their neck out and block it.
    That not a single one would sign on to it says a lot about it's chances if there had been an actual vote on it. The GOP was elected to vote "no", so why shouldn't they?

Page 11 of 197 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •