Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 400

Thread: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

  1. #341
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,732

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Antiderivative View Post
    Getting back to the OP.

    The more I think about this, the less it adds up. Iran teams up with a used car salesman and Mexican drugs lords to bomb an American building and we are still not at war with them. Iran may be crazy, but are they really going to risk it all over a derelict and some drug peddlers?

    Plus, when did it become American policy to just slap tougher sanctions on a country that openly declares war on us?

    I am trying to figure why Obama is proclaiming this nonsense? Did he get false info or is he pulling a Nixon or something else? All I know is that this still isn't adding up.
    I am very much with you. The puzzle is not complete. Also, I feel Iran has been rattling it's sabers at us...and we just smile. We took out or heavily disabled two of their enemies (Iraq & MEK). Now Iran's attention seems to be squarely on us. It doesn't make any sense that we have not retaliated in some way.

  2. #342
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Is this the same Intelligence Community that many are claiming was wrong about WMD?
    Again, the wmd stuff used came from Crurveball, al Libi and chalibi's heros in error. Other than that, the intelligence community did not back Bush's claims about wmds. This is the core of where Bush lied.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #343
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Oh, I have.
    Then you should know. And I don't know why you pretend you don't.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #344
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Nearly every nation in the world had WMD's? I guess Iraq was the exception.

    And the planes were the weapons!

    Do you sincerely believe the Jihadists would not have used WMD if they had them?
    Again, no one said he had no weapons. He had some wepaons he should not have had, and we knew about them. Some degrated useless chemical weapons. But he did not have what bush claimed. Keep the argument straight and stop with strawmen.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #345
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,891
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    I am very much with you. The puzzle is not complete. Also, I feel Iran has been rattling it's sabers at us...and we just smile. We took out or heavily disabled two of their enemies (Iraq & MEK). Now Iran's attention seems to be squarely on us. It doesn't make any sense that we have not retaliated in some way.
    MOre than that some of the main political parties in Iraq were harbored by Iran for quite a while.
    Iran is "on the in" in Iraq.
    I may be wrong.

  6. #346
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, the wmd stuff used came from Crurveball, al Libi and chalibi's heros in error. Other than that, the intelligence community did not back Bush's claims about wmds. This is the core of where Bush lied.
    "Bush lied".

    So despite all those politicians who voices their concerns about Iraq, going back several years, and what the Intelligence Communiity saiid, you still feel that he was not in error, but that he "lied".

    Was his motive "all about oil"? Revenge"? Why did George Bush lie and how did he get the government to follow through with his Big Lie? This would have to be the biggest hoax in world history and, according to the left, a drunk and a buffoon was able to pull it off.

    So how stupid is the American government, Democrats and Republicans, to send their troops to war, and get other countries to make the same commitment, over an obvious lie? George Bush is either an evil genius or you have no idea what you're talking about.

  7. #347
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    How many US Intelligence Communities are there?

    Do you think they were wrong about the WMD?
    We know that Saddam was after WMD, his history demonstrates that, and that it was all up to him, as per the agreement after to Desert Storm, to follow specific guidelines.

    He did not follow them and following a second (with a warning issued) invasion and capture the Iraqi courts hanged him. I see no reason why there should be any regrets.

  8. #348
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    "Bush lied".

    So despite all those politicians who voices their concerns about Iraq, going back several years, and what the Intelligence Communiity saiid, you still feel that he was not in error, but that he "lied".

    Was his motive "all about oil"? Revenge"? Why did George Bush lie and how did he get the government to follow through with his Big Lie? This would have to be the biggest hoax in world history and, according to the left, a drunk and a buffoon was able to pull it off.

    So how stupid is the American government, Democrats and Republicans, to send their troops to war, and get other countries to make the same commitment, over an obvious lie? George Bush is either an evil genius or you have no idea what you're talking about.
    No, you're not listening well. Bush took the claims to another level. He took it away from the intel, which ahd some reasons for concern, and went with intel that was doubted -- curveball, al Libi, and chalibi and his heros in error. This was deliberate, largely worked though Cheney's office.

    As for his motive, a fellow who went by Missouri Mule linked an article from the Straffor group, a conservative think tank. It criticised Bush for telling the wrong lie, one so easily shown to be a lie. They maintain the reason for the invasion was so we could have a base there, close to Iran, but not in SA. Combined with Afghanistan, we would have them surrounded. I tend to accept that. But, that doesn't change that it was a lie.

    As for stupid, incredibly stupid and cowardly. The people had the fever, voting out those who opposed, and congressed caved like cowards, allowing Bush to call the shots.

    But the point is, the intel used to sell the war was doubted, and without it, there is no case to back up Bush's assertions. He lied any way you look at it.
    Last edited by Boo Radley; 10-18-11 at 01:58 PM.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #349
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, you're not listening well. Bush took the claims to another level. He took it away from the intel, which ahd some reasons for concern, and went with intel that was doubted -- curveball, al Libi, and chalibi and his heros in error. This was deliberate, largely worked though Cheney's office.

    As for his motive, a fellow who went by Missouri Mule linked an article from the Straffor group, a conservative think tank. It criticised Bush for telling the wrong lie, one so easily shown to be a lie. They maintain the reason for the invasion was so we could have a base there, close to Iran, but not in SA. Combined with Afghanistan, we would have them surrounded. I tend to accept that. But, that doesn't change that it was a lie.
    You seem to be overlooking the fact that one man lied and got the Democrats and other world leaders to go along with it. Now, is George Bush that smart or are the Democrats, and other democratically elected world leaders, that stupid?

  10. #350
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,122

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    You seem to be overlooking the fact that one man lied and got the Democrats and other world leaders to go along with it. Now, is George Bush that smart or are the Democrats, and other democratically elected world leaders, that stupid?
    well, some of us can recall how cheney choreographed the outing of a covert CIA agent in an effort to silence her husband, who was writing articles pointing out the administration's (yellowcake) lies
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •