Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 400

Thread: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

  1. #311
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Antiderivative View Post
    Sure, that is the only thing the US provided. There was absolutely no US-Iraq chemical weapon link.
    Absolutely correct.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  2. #312
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,945
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    The fact of the matter is that Iraq had no WMDs.
    That's not true as stated. They didn't have the WMD we were looking for though.


    I may be wrong.

  3. #313
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    02-23-12 @ 04:16 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    791

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Absolutely correct.
    Sarcasm is not your strong suit. Even if you think there was no connection, Iraq was using chemical weapons backed by US information. It was the US-backed Iraq that started that war.

    This claim that Iran is a criminal for using chemical weapons on the Kurds is amusing, given the fact that our friend at the time, Saddam, was the one using chemical weapons on the Kurds backed by the US.

  4. #314
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Antiderivative View Post
    Sarcasm is not your strong suit. Even if you think there was no connection, Iraq was using chemical weapons backed by US information. It was the US-backed Iraq that started that war.

    This claim that Iran is a criminal for using chemical weapons on the Kurds is amusing, given the fact that our friend at the time, Saddam, was the one using chemical weapons on the Kurds backed by the US.
    Would love to see your proof of these allegations, because you are dead wrong. Daily Kos is not a good source of factual information.

    Who claimed Iran gassed the Kurds?? Every one knows it was Iraq.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  5. #315
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    02-23-12 @ 04:16 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    791

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Would love to see your proof of these allegations, because you are dead wrong. Daily Kos is not a good source of factual information.

    Who claimed Iran gassed the Kurds?? Every one knows it was Iraq.
    Why do you lie? That is not a good way to have a conversation and already shows that you are biased with no intention of having an actual conversation, but I will entertain you this time. I never use the Kos for factual information and this whole tangent started from post #300, which in all reality was slightly ambiguous. However, since the topic was about Iran, I figured that the poster was referring to Iran.

    Anyways, links
    USATODAY.com - Report: U.S. supplied the kinds of germs Iraq later used for biological weapons
    U.S. And Iraq Go Way Back - CBS News
    Iraq and Chemical Weapons, the US Connection » Counterpunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names
    How Reagan Armed Saddam with Chemical Weapons » Counterpunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names
    Did the U.S. Help Saddam Acquire Biological Weapons
    Last edited by Antiderivative; 10-17-11 at 05:34 PM.

  6. #316
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Antiderivative View Post
    Why do you lie? That is not a good way to have a conversation and already shows that you are biased with no intention of having an actual conversation, but I will entertain you this time. I never use the Kos for factual information and this whole tangent started from post #300, which in all reality was slightly ambiguous. However, since the topic was about Iran, I figured that the poster was referring to Iran.

    Anyways, links
    USATODAY.com - Report: U.S. supplied the kinds of germs Iraq later used for biological weapons
    U.S. And Iraq Go Way Back - CBS News
    Iraq and Chemical Weapons, the US Connection » Counterpunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names
    How Reagan Armed Saddam with Chemical Weapons » Counterpunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names
    Did the U.S. Help Saddam Acquire Biological Weapons
    You actually call a few newspaper articles proof ???

    Surely you can do better than that.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  7. #317
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    That's not true as stated. They didn't have the WMD we were looking for though.


    I'm never sure if they don't understand the difference, or if they do, but are trying to skate around the point. That applies to both sides of this debate.
    Last edited by Boo Radley; 10-17-11 at 06:51 PM.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #318
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRABOY View Post
    Like covered in a national security decision-making class last week, that's anyone who knows anything's opinion at this point in time.
    And anyone that disagrees with your opinion....is wrong? Who, exactly, came out in opposition to the available indications at the time?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  9. #319
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    And anyone that disagrees with your opinion....is wrong? Who, exactly, came out in opposition to the available indications at the time?
    Many. I once provided a link to a panel who went to washington and clearly stated these objections. Washington and the press largely closed their eyes, ears and minds. As Powell noted, we had the fever.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #320
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Many. I once provided a link to a panel who went to washington and clearly stated these objections. Washington and the press largely closed their eyes, ears and minds. As Powell noted, we had the fever.
    I missed that link, could you post it again please?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •