Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 400

Thread: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

  1. #281
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Those groups expressed doubts. So, your statement is nonsensical. The poitn is they doubted Curveball, they knew al Libi was coearsed. They expressed many doubts. None of that was expressed by Bush. Many believe Saddam had a few left over wmds. But Bush's claim went beyond that. Bush said Saddam was growing and gathering, and few supported that view.
    It's obvious you didn't pay much attention back then. The German, French, English, even the Russians said he undoubtedly had WMDs. Why do you think the UN voted sanctions against Iraq?? It was because they weren't being truthful to the inspectors.

    Do I REALLY have to go back and list quotes from the intelligence agencies around the world, as well as 99% of all the Dems that were convinced???? Don't tell my that you think the entire evidence they had was ONLY from curveball???? Surely you are not that misinformed.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  2. #282
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Is that your professional opinion?
    Like covered in a national security decision-making class last week, that's anyone who knows anything's opinion at this point in time.

  3. #283
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    It's obvious you didn't pay much attention back then. The German, French, English, even the Russians said he undoubtedly had WMDs. Why do you think the UN voted sanctions against Iraq?? It was because they weren't being truthful to the inspectors.

    Do I REALLY have to go back and list quotes from the intelligence agencies around the world, as well as 99% of all the Dems that were convinced???? Don't tell my that you think the entire evidence they had was ONLY from curveball???? Surely you are not that misinformed.
    No, they said he likely had left over wmds. No one doubted that. Though he had no way to store them. Few to none declared him a serious thread, and none said he was growing and gathering. Sanctions were covered in what we did know and had nothing to do with Bush's deceptions, other than he used it to help useful idiots think the two were related. Saddam was not growing. he was not gathering new weapons, and no intell showed he was.

    And we've covered the out of context quotes of dems. If you need the snoops link, let me know. Also, we can look at not only the quotes from agenies that the administration used, but the doubts they didn't use.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #284
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, they said he likely had left over wmds. No one doubted that. Though he had no way to store them. Few to none declared him a serious thread, and none said he was growing and gathering. Sanctions were covered in what we did know and had nothing to do with Bush's deceptions, other than he used it to help useful idiots think the two were related. Saddam was not growing. he was not gathering new weapons, and no intell showed he was.

    And we've covered the out of context quotes of dems. If you need the snoops link, let me know. Also, we can look at not only the quotes from agenies that the administration used, but the doubts they didn't use.
    Feel free to start a thread on the subject so I can thoroughly embarrass you.

    "snoops" link??? You are truly confused.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  5. #285
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    That's one, you said many. Who is many? And, certainly you can prove the CIA's doubts...with a primary source, right?
    There have many many links over the years. Frankly if you don't know about them, you are badly ill-informed. However, for you a couple:

    A January 2003 CIA report raised doubts about a claim that al Qaeda sent operatives to Iraq to acquire chemical and biological weapons -- assertions that were repeated later by then-Secretary of State Colin Powell to the United Nations in making the case for the invasion of Iraq.

    CNN on Thursday obtained a CIA document that outlined the history of the claim, which originated in 2002 with a captured al Qaeda operative who recanted two years later.

    The CIA report appears to support a recently declassified document that revealed the Defense Intelligence Agency thought in February 2002 that the source, Ibn al-Shaykh al-Libi, was lying to interrogators.

    Prewar CIA report doubted claim that al Qaeda sought WMD in Iraq - CNN

    In particular, why did the CIA's then director George Tenet and his deputy John McLaughlin believe the claim by Curveball, "and convey that to Powell even though the CIA's own European chief Tyler Drumheller had already raised serious doubts.

    Curveball's admission 'raises questions about CIA' | World news | The Guardian

    Prior to making these claims public, the administration ignored strong dissent in 2001 and 2002 from U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) experts as well as from the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), both of whom had vigorously contested these claims.

    Leading To War :: a film that chronicles the path to war in Iraq

    http://www.isis-online.org/publicati...bes12-5-03.pdf

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #286
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Feel free to start a thread on the subject so I can thoroughly embarrass you.

    "snoops" link??? You are truly confused.
    Yes, I put in an extra "o." Snopes. Do you need the link. It's true the things were said, but the context is not provided and timeline matters. It is dishonest to use the outes as some use them.

    I'm sure you'll proclaim yourself as having embarrassed, but the difference between self-procliamations and truth is often huge.


    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #287
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Many seriously doubted them. Many expressed those doubts before we invaded. The CIA doubted Curveball and pointed out al Libi was coearse and likley did not know what he claimed. These doubts were ignored by Bush, and he made the claims as iff they were not doubted.
    Let's here these doubts. Perhaps you can post their statements supporting your remarks here.

  8. #288
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Let's here these doubts. Perhaps you can post their statements supporting your remarks here.
    See links above. Really, this stuff is well documented. You guys should know this.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #289
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, they said he likely had left over wmds. No one doubted that. Though he had no way to store them. Few to none declared him a serious thread, and none said he was growing and gathering. Sanctions were covered in what we did know and had nothing to do with Bush's deceptions, other than he used it to help useful idiots think the two were related. Saddam was not growing. he was not gathering new weapons, and no intell showed he was.

    And we've covered the out of context quotes of dems. If you need the snoops link, let me know. Also, we can look at not only the quotes from agenies that the administration used, but the doubts they didn't use.
    This is either historical revision or you have no idea what you're talking about, though it might be both.

  10. #290
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yes, I put in an extra "o." Snopes. Do you need the link. It's true the things were said, but the context is not provided and timeline matters. It is dishonest to use the outes as some use them.

    I'm sure you'll proclaim yourself as having embarrassed, but the difference between self-procliamations and truth is often huge.

    As usual, you posted a reply without bothering to even read what I wrote. It's no wonder you never address the actual content of anyone's post, but go off on some tangent that only you can comprehend.

    I could care less about snopes even though it confirms my statements. I prefer reading actual letters and papers from foreign intelligence agencies written at the time.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •