Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 400

Thread: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

  1. #231
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Proud South Korean View Post
    I'm constantly amazed at how you manage to have every thread derailed into just another attack-the liberals-and-Obama-because-everything's-their-fault thread
    I never blamed the attempted terror attack on obama like you libs did Bush. I merely pointed out that it seems they still hate us even after Bush is gone so your blame Bush rhetoric falls on it's face. Or maybe it's because obama failed to close Gitmo. Remember when Gitmo was causing terrorisim? That doesn't seem to be what you libs say now. Now you say gitmo ****mo, big deal.

  2. #232
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, key word, . . . say. Have you never doubted a word he has said?
    So Holder is a liar?
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  3. #233
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    I never blamed the attempted terror attack on obama like you libs did Bush. I merely pointed out that it seems they still hate us even after Bush is gone so your blame Bush rhetoric falls on it's face. Or maybe it's because obama failed to close Gitmo. Remember when Gitmo was causing terrorisim? That doesn't seem to be what you libs say now. Now you say gitmo ****mo, big deal.
    Or...the Obama administration is lying??
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  4. #234
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    What does "linked to Iran" actually constitute in this context?

    Is there evidence that this was a state run operation?
    Does the guy have a house in Iran?
    Has he posted about Iran online?
    GWB is "linked to" ObL.

    What does "linked to Iran" actually constitute in this context?

    does anyone know yet?
    So far as I can tell, there is no real connection, beyond the fact that this guy is Iranian.

    The bush family and the bin laden family have a long business history going back 100-150 years old, maybe longer. OBL had intelligence connections back during the afghan Russian conflict. Pm me if you have evidence to suggest that relationship had ended.

    Back to topic: war with Iran is BAD NEWS. Remember : "yellow cakes in iraq".

  5. #235
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ View Post
    So Holder is a liar?
    Well, ya... But I couldn't say for certain if this is the case this time, though I would not be surprised if this was lies.

  6. #236
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Maybe it's just me but I have a terribly hard time believing anything this administration has to say about security after bombing multiple countries we've had no involvement with prior, and assasinating a U.S citizen without a trial. I'm wondering if this is the same administration that labeled Guantanamo as a crime against civil liberty.

  7. #237
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Hare View Post
    Maybe it's just me but I have a terribly hard time believing anything this administration has to say about security after bombing multiple countries we've had no involvement with prior, and assasinating a U.S citizen without a trial. I'm wondering if this is the same administration that labeled Guantanamo as a crime against civil liberty.
    If you're talking about Libya....you should actually read your history books.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  8. #238
    Global Moderator
    Custom User Title
    LaughAtTheWorld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seoul/Chicago
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 01:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,541

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    I never blamed the attempted terror attack on obama like you libs did Bush. I merely pointed out that it seems they still hate us even after Bush is gone so your blame Bush rhetoric falls on it's face. Or maybe it's because obama failed to close Gitmo. Remember when Gitmo was causing terrorisim? That doesn't seem to be what you libs say now. Now you say gitmo ****mo, big deal.
    Wait, did liberals blame 9/11 on Bush?
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all" - Joan Robinson
    "The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; the inherent virtue of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries" - Winston Churchill

  9. #239
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    I never blamed the attempted terror attack on obama like you libs did Bush. I merely pointed out that it seems they still hate us even after Bush is gone so your blame Bush rhetoric falls on it's face. Or maybe it's because obama failed to close Gitmo. Remember when Gitmo was causing terrorisim? That doesn't seem to be what you libs say now. Now you say gitmo ****mo, big deal.
    Those who did are like birthers. A birther would be like those folks. Are you either? I'm not. So, who are you speaking to specifically?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #240
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I've seen several posters claim that they are convinced that there's no way that Iran had anything to do with this plot.

    I'm simply asking for the evidence that has convinced them so. I've yet to see it and I think that stems from there being a little bit of trufer in them.
    I've seen the word doubt, along with linked explinations for the word doubt. This seems a far cry from could not. Are you reading anything into these posts that isn't there?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •