Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 400

Thread: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

  1. #161
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,145

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Gotcha, so your absolutely baseless accusations which is at least less than what others suggesting Iran have...IE they at least have the Government itself suggesting that it may be the case according to the stories...wasn't something you had to back up, prove, or even give any credible evidence to other than your own opinions. But somehow you're on some kind of high and mighty pedestal to demand that people do what you failed to do initially and have still failed to do and that is produce evidence to back up their claims.

    Thanks, glad to have that confirmed.
    that government backup you refer to. are you thinking of something on the order of what General Powell presented to the UN to insist there were iraqi WMDs
    that excuse to prompt us into war of choice
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  2. #162
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,971

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    that government backup you refer to. are you thinking of something on the order of what General Powell presented to the UN to insist there were iraqi WMDs
    that excuse to prompt us into war of choice
    I'm talking about something that even if its 1% trustable is still 1% greater than any evidence you have for it being the Saudi's or Israeli's.

  3. #163
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,145

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I'm talking about something that even if its 1% trustable is still 1% greater than any evidence you have for it being the Saudi's or those sneaky Isreali's
    remember, Powell insisted that his evidence was 100% solid
    trust ... but verify
    i will wait until i see evidence if the iranian wrongdoing before i jump to that conclusion
    but as an advocate of the oppressive government of israel, i can see why you and those like you would want to trigger an action to take out iran's nuclear capabilities
    no matter how illegitimate that basis of attack might be
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  4. #164
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,971

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    remember, Powell insisted that his evidence was 100% solid
    So....? What the **** does that have to do with it.

    Yeah, powell said 100% solid. I'm saying even if we consider the current evidence 1% solid that's STILL more solid than what you've put forth.

    i will wait until i see evidence if the iranian wrongdoing before i jump to that conclusion
    And yet you had no problem leaping to make the suggestion that you wouldn't be surprised if its Isreal or Saudi's and suggesting its likely to be the latter. Even though there's LESS evidence out there suggesting that.

    but as an advocate of the oppressive government of israel,
    But as a detractor of the the continually dmeonized government of israel....

    Sorry, engaging in the same idiotic tactics as you.

    Here's the funny thing too. I'm actually rather neutral to ambivilent towards Israel.

    i can see why you and those like you would want to trigger an action to take out iran's nuclear capabilities
    The ****? Nice strawman. I've not suggested at all that we should take any action again Iran. I'd like to see more information as well. My only issue was with your asinine and ignorant accusations that you threw out earlier in this thread mixed with your holier than thou attitude demanding "evidence" for people when you don't get close to holding yourself to that standard.

    Where the **** have I suggested in any way, shape, or form we take action against Iran for this? Please, link me...or are you just using your prejudices of anyone who dares to suggest that you can't attack the Joos for everything immeidetely and who isn't a hyper partisan liberal and proscribing thoughts, actions, and statements to me that I've never got CLOSE to making?

  5. #165
    Sage
    EagleAye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Last Seen
    03-28-13 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,697

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    I think it's safe to say the US would be pissed at ANYONE who tries to kill ANY DIPLOMAT on US soil.

    Hmm So who did it? Let's Make a Deal and look at our likely suspects:

    Door #1: Israel - Depends much on US monetary, diplomatic, and military support. Would really lose a lot by endangering the relationship
    Door #2: Saudi Arabia - Depends much on US monetary support. Just starting a $30 Billion dollar contract to get advanced F-15s. In their interests to stay nice.
    Door #3: Iran - Positively despises the US. It's Anti-US vitriol is near-constant without the slightest hint of diplomacy. Cares nothing for what the US thinks. Opposes every single US interest in the middle-east. Opposes the US at every turn in the UN. Threatens to patrol in US waters with cruise missiles.

    Gosh, Wayne, I think I'll take Door #3.

  6. #166
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,145

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    So....? What the **** does that have to do with it.

    Yeah, powell said 100% solid. I'm saying even if we consider the current evidence 1% solid that's STILL more solid than what you've put forth.



    And yet you had no problem leaping to make the suggestion that you wouldn't be surprised if its Isreal or Saudi's and suggesting its likely to be the latter. Even though there's LESS evidence out there suggesting that.
    i forgot, your position holds 1% more evidence than does mine ... according to your baseless math (you failed to show your work)
    if the iranians are not behind this plot, then the states which are will be delighted for all of the lemmings to support an action against iran for that 1% proof
    santayana was correct. those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it
    but are those lemmings so afflicted with dementia that they cannot recall the lies told to them to support an attack on iraq



    But as a detractor of the the continually dmeonized government of israel....

    Sorry, engaging in the same idiotic tactics as you.

    Here's the funny thing too. I'm actually rather neutral to ambivilent towards Israel.



    The ****? Nice strawman. I've not suggested at all that we should take any action again Iran. I'd like to see more information as well. My only issue was with your asinine and ignorant accusations that you threw out earlier in this thread mixed with your holier than thou attitude demanding "evidence" for people when you don't get close to holding yourself to that standard.

    Where the **** have I suggested in any way, shape, or form we take action against Iran for this? Please, link me...or are you just using your prejudices of anyone who dares to suggest that you can't attack the Joos for everything immeidetely and who isn't a hyper partisan liberal and proscribing thoughts, actions, and statements to me that I've never got CLOSE to making?
    you want to only comment on a portion of what i have to say
    my belief is that this is a false flag effort by states antagonistic toward iran - IF - it cannot be proven that iran was behind this plot
    and if there is no evidence to show iran was behind the plot then we must examine the motivations of those other states who would want to see iran's nuclear capacity taken out by the very nation which would have been embarrassed if such plot had succeeded
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  7. #167
    Sage
    EagleAye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Last Seen
    03-28-13 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,697

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    i forgot, your position holds 1% more evidence than does mine ... according to your baseless math (you failed to show your work)
    if the iranians are not behind this plot, then the states which are will be delighted for all of the lemmings to support an action against iran for that 1% proof
    I think you presume too much to believe this will be an excuse for strikes on Iran. People hated that we provided the minimal support we gave Libya. They won't accept this at all. If an attack on Iran is your main worry, don't. It won't happen.

  8. #168
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,971

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    i forgot, your position holds 1% more evidence than does mine ... according to your baseless math (you failed to show your work)
    I have shown evidence, pointing to the various government reports in this thread. You don't like the validity of that evidence, and that's fine...more power to you. But that doesn't change the fact there's actual stated evidence out there that at least points towards the notion it was Iranian backed.

    You however have shown NOTHING. No government source, no investigtative source, NOTHING...NOTHING linking it to Iran.

    You attempted to suggest my evidence didn't really exist because the government stated it, which is idiotic. The 1% was stating that even if we're to believe the government is untrustworthy 99% or the time that it still means its trustworthy 1% of the time which is more trustworthy than any evidence you've put forward. Even if we said the government was untrustworthy 99.999999999% of the time that 0.000000001% is still more evidence than you have.

    What I am saying is that those saying it was Iran have presented at least SOME form of evidence that is more than just their opinion. You may not LIKE that evidence, but its still there. YOU however have provied nothing

    my belief is that this is a false flag effort by states antagonistic toward iran
    Your belief, which is based on zero bits of factual evidence regarding the case and is even less legitimate than the opinions of those who you're lambasting to give you Proof.

  9. #169
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,145

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by EagleAye View Post
    I think you presume too much to believe this will be an excuse for strikes on Iran. People hated that we provided the minimal support we gave Libya. They won't accept this at all. If an attack on Iran is your main worry, don't. It won't happen.
    i have reason to worry. so does every American who does not want our country involved in another baseless military action, as was the circumstance in iraq
    if this was not iran behind the plot, what reason do we have to believe that the state(s) behind the false flag will not make another attempt to provoke our retaliation against iran
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  10. #170
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,145

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I have shown evidence, pointing to the various government reports in this thread. You don't like the validity of that evidence, and that's fine...more power to you. But that doesn't change the fact there's actual stated evidence out there that at least points towards the notion it was Iranian backed.

    You however have shown NOTHING. No government source, no investigtative source, NOTHING...NOTHING linking it to Iran.

    You attempted to suggest my evidence didn't really exist because the government stated it, which is idiotic. The 1% was stating that even if we're to believe the government is untrustworthy 99% or the time that it still means its trustworthy 1% of the time which is more trustworthy than any evidence you've put forward. Even if we said the government was untrustworthy 99.999999999% of the time that 0.000000001% is still more evidence than you have.

    What I am saying is that those saying it was Iran have presented at least SOME form of evidence that is more than just their opinion. You may not LIKE that evidence, but its still there. YOU however have provied nothing



    Your belief, which is based on zero bits of factual evidence regarding the case and is even less legitimate than the opinions of those who you're lambasting to give you Proof.
    ok, i'll play (gladly)

    show us the evidence that iran is behind this plot
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •