Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 400

Thread: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

  1. #141
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    oh goodie

    show us the proof which connects the jihadists in the iranian government to this plot
    I cannot take anyone who says "Oh goodie" seriously. It's a thread killer.

  2. #142
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I cannot take anyone who says "Oh goodie" seriously. It's a thread killer.
    You could try and answer this part:
    show us the proof which connects the jihadists in the iranian government to this plot
    It's not unreasonable, espeically after recent history, to ask for some evidence.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #143
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You could try and answer this part:


    It's not unreasonable, espeically after recent history, to ask for some evidence.
    It's very unreasonable !!! We don't know any details of the plot yet, much less the evidence that the government allegedly has. We'll all have to wait until Holder or Obama release it. I'm sure it will begin to dribble out.

    The more pressure develops on Holder and the more Obama drops in the polls, the more evidence we'll see and additional sabre rattling will be evident. Ever heard of "wag the dog"???

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  4. #144
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    oh goodie

    show us the proof which connects the jihadists in the iranian government to this plot
    As soon as you show an ounce of proof that this could even in any way be linked to Israel or Saudi Arabia.

    For someone who was throwing out rather bold faced unverified guesses earlier you like to jump up and demand proof from other poeple make their guesses

  5. #145
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    It's very unreasonable !!! We don't know any details of the plot yet, much less the evidence that the government allegedly has. We'll all have to wait until Holder or Obama release it. I'm sure it will begin to dribble out.

    The more pressure develops on Holder and the more Obama drops in the polls, the more evidence we'll see and additional sabre rattling will be evident. Ever heard of "wag the dog"???
    If he has no evidence, how cna he make any claim at all? Really?

    And too many have wagged the dog. But we do need to have evidence to support our claims. So does the president or anyone else. Real evidence.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #146
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    02-23-12 @ 04:16 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    791

  7. #147
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You could try and answer this part:


    It's not unreasonable, espeically after recent history, to ask for some evidence.
    I'm starting to agree with the Leftists.

    Following the Viet Nam war where the United States murdered millions of innocent people without provocation, baited the Communists for years, attacked and murdered themselves on 9/11, invaded and murdered millions of Muslims in Iran only for oil, and are now making terrible claims about an innocent Iranian government whose only goal is liberty and freedom for all, I see your point.

    What do you suggest we do to help clear the good name of the Iranian government?

  8. #148
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    It's very unreasonable !!! We don't know any details of the plot yet, much less the evidence that the government allegedly has. We'll all have to wait until Holder or Obama release it. I'm sure it will begin to dribble out.

    The more pressure develops on Holder and the more Obama drops in the polls, the more evidence we'll see and additional sabre rattling will be evident. Ever heard of "wag the dog"???
    There is that possibility.

  9. #149
    Sage
    EagleAye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Last Seen
    03-28-13 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,697

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    oh goodie

    show us the proof which connects the jihadists in the iranian government to this plot
    We aren't going to get that proof and you know it. That's a specious argument against. To get it would require the cooperation of Iran and they - I'm really going out on a limb here - would just tell us to piss off. So we can't get that evidence. Just because we can't get to the proof doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

    Modern day terrorists are much like old age pirates and privateers. Pirates worked on their own for their own goals, but privateers worked under the table with a nod and a wink from a government. Privateers received supplies and monetary support from government just like we see now. We see this with the Taliban getting help from Pakistan's ISI. It may go higher than that but we can't be certain. This Iranian terror plot is just another example of privateering.

    The advantage of privateering/terrorism is that getting proof of governmental support is damn near impossible. That government can easily disavow any association and the soft-headed will simply accept that denunciation.
    Last edited by EagleAye; 10-13-11 at 05:12 PM.

  10. #150
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Iran accused over Washington terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I'm starting to agree with the Leftists.

    Following the Viet Nam war where the United States murdered millions of innocent people without provocation, baited the Communists for years, attacked and murdered themselves on 9/11, invaded and murdered millions of Muslims in Iran only for oil, and are now making terrible claims about an innocent Iranian government whose only goal is liberty and freedom for all, I see your point.

    What do you suggest we do to help clear the good name of the Iranian government?
    Silly hyperbole doesn't help. Asking for evidence is not the same as saying anyone's name needs cleaning up. War is serious business, so we should make sure we have the facts straight before we go too far down hostile roads.

    Ever hear of the Bay of Tonkin? WMDS? It's not like we have a reputation that couldn't use a little cleaning up as well.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •