Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859
Results 581 to 589 of 589

Thread: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

  1. #581
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    Nice shot. Where did you meet Steve?
    I had a studio in Brooklyn before it was cool to be artsy fartsy in Brooklyn and got hired by SPIN magazine. Pretty cool for a 20 something yr kid huh?

    I used to shoot 4 x 5 exclusively. Then I fell prey to digital, and have been digital ever since...though I still use really old lenses with my Nikon. Simply don't make them as good as they did in the 70s, I think. And I don't need auto focus, or TTL metering for stuff that isn't snap shots. I do miss that 4 x 5, some days.

    You seem to like high contrast. I'm on the other end. I like real low key, low contrast. Unless it's portraits or commercial work. And yeah, selling it is the hard part. Or, more to the point....selling it for a good price, lol.
    I like to push the full range out of my materials. And digi is the future. And to tell you the truth I think I have more than enough time in a darkroom for a thousand lifetimes

  2. #582
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,990
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    I had a studio in Brooklyn before it was cool to be artsy fartsy in Brooklyn and got hired by SPIN magazine. Pretty cool for a 20 something yr kid huh?



    I like to push the full range out of my materials. And digi is the future. And to tell you the truth I think I have more than enough time in a darkroom for a thousand lifetimes
    It's not the dark room I miss...it's the anticipation, the build up. You go out with a 4 x 5, and, say, 6 film holders, 12 shots. You take em. Then you wait to either send out for development (chromes) or you develop. That entire time, you have this image in your head, and it just builds and builds. Now, I can see exactly what I shot right away. Which is good, no...great. But. You lose that moment before the unveiling. In school, I lived for that. It's what got me hooked into this, instead of illustration.

    And yeah, digital IS the future. It will one day surpass 4 x 5 in quality, if it has not already, 8 x 10, etc. Get yourself a tilt lens, and no need for those hulks anymore. Or, better yet...a digital back for a hassy....yum.

  3. #583
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    I guess JRyan was photo shy?



  4. #584
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    It's not the dark room I miss...it's the anticipation, the build up. You go out with a 4 x 5, and, say, 6 film holders, 12 shots. You take em. Then you wait to either send out for development (chromes) or you develop. That entire time, you have this image in your head, and it just builds and builds. Now, I can see exactly what I shot right away. Which is good, no...great. But. You lose that moment before the unveiling. In school, I lived for that. It's what got me hooked into this, instead of illustration.

    And yeah, digital IS the future. It will one day surpass 4 x 5 in quality, if it has not already, 8 x 10, etc. Get yourself a tilt lens, and no need for those hulks anymore. Or, better yet...a digital back for a hassy....yum.
    I miss the darkroom occasionally then I wake up

  5. #585
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I guess JRyan was photo shy?
    Probably opened a studio and has the Fortune 500 as a client list.

  6. #586
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I guess JRyan was photo shy?
    You seem to miss my points. Anyone who thinks I should "suck on a 38 magnum", I don't want to debate with anyways.

  7. #587
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,990
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    You seem to miss my points. Anyone who thinks I should "suck on a 38 magnum", I don't want to debate with anyways.
    Honestly. I mean, who would want to suck on a 38 magnum? I mean, IF I had to choose, I'd likely go with a glock, since you don't have to keep those oiled like some other guns. Even then, though, if I REALLY wanted the flavor of metal in my mouth, I'd probably go with a washer, or something. Even if they had, like, flavored gun barrels, it would just be awkward, and look really weird.

  8. #588
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    You seem to miss my points. Anyone who thinks I should "suck on a 38 magnum", I don't want to debate with anyways.
    I sure wouldn't say that

    do you know why?

    because I am an expert on firearms. There is a 38 S&W, a 38 special (popular police revolver round) a 38 ACP and a 38 Super but I have never heard of a 38 Magnum (maybe there is a wildcat called that but I have never seen it in 37 years of competitive shooting)

    a 357 is essentially a 38 Magnum and 38 specials can be shot in any revolver or single shot pistol chambered in 357 but not the other way around

    So it is rather doubtful I would ever think you should suck on a non-existent caliber because you might try to take the advice and of course would fail since the chance of actually finding such a cartridge is about zero

    does that help?



  9. #589
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    Honestly. I mean, who would want to suck on a 38 magnum? I mean, IF I had to choose, I'd likely go with a glock, since you don't have to keep those oiled like some other guns. Even then, though, if I REALLY wanted the flavor of metal in my mouth, I'd probably go with a washer, or something. Even if they had, like, flavored gun barrels, it would just be awkward, and look really weird.
    the non-corrosive finish Glock uses on its slides tends to be rather bitter in taste.



Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •