Page 54 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 589

Thread: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

  1. #531
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    So, how about those that have gone to college and now can't find work... why should someone of invested in their future just so the top 1% can sit on their 2.2 trillion dollars?

    BTW, are you in a position to hire?
    How is it my fault that someone cannot get a job if there is no demand for their services? and given the president you supports keeps talking about crap such as people like me "don't pay our fair share" why should I not have large cash reserves in case Obama's parasite plan is enacted

    You don't invest in your future so I can make more money. I invested in my future and that is why I make money. I make money because I spend about 1/10th of what I earn and even with an effective federal tax rate of about 30% and another 10% state effective tax rate, that means I have several hundred thousand left over each year that I invest

    how that hurts you or anyone else is beyond comprehension



  2. #532
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    How is it my fault that someone cannot get a job if there is no demand for their services? and given the president you supports keeps talking about crap such as people like me "don't pay our fair share" why should I not have large cash reserves in case Obama's parasite plan is enacted
    Why should only 1% be able to be prepared for this "impending" doom?
    You don't invest in your future so I can make more money. I invested in my future and that is why I make money. I make money because I spend about 1/10th of what I earn and even with an effective federal tax rate of about 30% and another 10% state effective tax rate, that means I have several hundred thousand left over each year that I invest
    Why not take 2% of that and hire new employees? Would it really screw up your wallet that much to do so?
    how that hurts you or anyone else is beyond comprehension
    It hurts everyone because you aren't hiring with your money and that hurts everyone. If people don't have jobs (not just the 1%, as you can see they don't spend it, they just sit on it) then the rest of us don't get to spend money at grocery stores. Remember, the less money you have, the more of your wage you spend.

  3. #533
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,989
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Because that money could be used to create jobs...



    Because it is what I believe to be right.
    Just as I'm sure you cringed everytime Bush or any other Pepublicrat cited God as their moral compass, and their reason for whatever, so to do I cringe when I hear YOU plan to try to enact, or support, policies based on what YOU believe to be right. We're ALL right in our own minds.

  4. #534
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Why should only 1% be able to be prepared for this "impending" doom?

    Why not take 2% of that and hire new employees? Would it really screw up your wallet that much to do so?

    It hurts everyone because you aren't hiring with your money and that hurts everyone. If people don't have jobs (not just the 1%, as you can see they don't spend it, they just sit on it) then the rest of us don't get to spend money at grocery stores. Remember, the less money you have, the more of your wage you spend.
    why should someone hire another employee if there is no increased demand?

    We have enough people doing the farming. every ten years or so the equipment gets better and more efficient. Investment holding company-isn't something that hires. Law office-we actually are cutting back



  5. #535
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,989
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    [QUOTE=Jryan;1059876883]
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post

    So, how about those that have gone to college and now can't find work... why should someone of invested in their future just so the top 1% can sit on their 2.2 trillion dollars?

    BTW, are you in a position to hire?
    Economics is not a zero sum game. There is not a limited amount of money possible to be made. So, just because 1% holds 2.2 trillion, does not limit, in any way, the rest of the 99% from making as much money as they want, can, or are able.

  6. #536
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    why should someone hire another employee if there is no increased demand?
    Why not start another business? Hire some employees... There is other ways to expand your capital while hiring people, other than investing in the stock market. You may not be able to do this with your current business, but you may be able to start a new one. Being the entrepreneur that you claim to be, I would of thought you would do this yourself.

  7. #537
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Why not start another business? Hire some employees... There is other ways to expand your capital while hiring people, other than investing in the stock market. You may not be able to do this with your current business, but you may be able to start a new one. Being the entrepreneur that you claim to be, I would of thought you would do this yourself.
    I am making plenty and have plenty of things to keep me busy including the 800 hours or so I expend every year as a volunteer CEO of a non-profit sports training program for youths and all the coaching I do with that program.

    and why should I take on even more risk given the clowns running the presidency and the senate?



  8. #538
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    and why should I take on even more risk given the clowns running the presidency and the senate?
    If you know what you're doing, starting a new business isn't risky.

  9. #539
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I am making plenty and have plenty of things to keep me busy including the 800 hours or so I expend every year as a volunteer CEO of a non-profit sports training program for youths and all the coaching I do with that program.

    and why should I take on even more risk given the clowns running the presidency and the senate?
    I think in your spare time you should organize a few other 1 pecenters and occupy the executive restroom at Goldman Sachs; Call it OGSRR for short.
    Last edited by Donc; 10-16-11 at 05:20 PM.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  10. #540
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    I think in your spare time you should organize a few other 1 pecenters and occupy the executive restroom at Goldman Sachs; Call it OGSRR for short.
    Goldman Sachs was top Obama donor - CNN

Page 54 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •