Page 34 of 59 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 589

Thread: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

  1. #331
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What you ignore are the economic conditions at the time of those job losses and the economic policy that was implemented to correct the problem.
    Riiiiight ... it's just coincidence or bad fortune that every Republican president since Coolidge has lost jobs during their first 38 months. Including Hoover, that's all 7 Republican presidents. Not one saw employment gains in 2 years. Whereas Obama is the first Democrat since that era to lose jobs in his first 2 years. Every one of the other 5 Democrat presidents gained jobs over that period. You must think that too was just coincidence or just good fortune?






    Nixon +77%
    Bush +45%
    Eisenhower +41%
    Ford* +36%
    GHW Bush +28%
    Reagan +23%
    Obama +17%
    Kennedy -17%
    Carter -21%
    Clinton -23%
    Johnson -33%
    * = Ford was in office 29 months

    Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

  2. #332
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I couldn't care less

    the fact is --those with the lowest levels of education are the most likely to vote dem
    So? Most higher educated people voted for Obama.

  3. #333
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Riiiiight ... it's just coincidence or bad fortune that every Republican president since Coolidge has lost jobs during their first 38 months. Including Hoover, that's all 7 Republican presidents. Not one saw employment gains in 2 years. Whereas Obama is the first Democrat since that era to lose jobs in his first 2 years. Every one of the other 5 Democrat presidents gained jobs over that period. You must think that too was just coincidence or just good fortune?






    Nixon +77%
    Bush +45%
    Eisenhower +41%
    Ford* +36%
    GHW Bush +28%
    Reagan +23%
    Obama +17%
    Kennedy -17%
    Carter -21%
    Clinton -23%
    Johnson -33%
    * = Ford was in office 29 months

    Bureau of Labor Statistics Data
    As has been shown over and over again percentage change is irrelevant and totally dependent on the base. Tell me that a net job loss is better than a net job gain because the percentage change is better with the net job loss? both Reagan and Obama inherited bad economic conditions although Obama was part of the problem and has proven to be incapable of coming up with a solution. Now you can continue to ignore that and spout the DNC talking points but there is a reason his JAR is so low and that is due to the fact that he doesn't have a clue. Reagan was a leader, Obama probably cannot spell the word. That is reality and the results show it

    Obama economic results in 2011, .4% GDP and 1.3% GDP growth in 2011, 25+ million unemployed or under employed Americans in 2011, 4.2 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years, and a downgrade of the U.S. credit rating. Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.67. 38-41% JAR and well over 50-55% disapproval ratings.

  4. #334
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    As has been shown over and over again percentage change is irrelevant and totally dependent on the base.
    Actually, it has never been shown. Believe it or not, you repeating that 100 times is not "showing me" anything. But fine, you want numbers too? Here are the percentage point increases/decreases too ...



    Nixon +2.6 +77%
    Bush +1.5 +45%
    Eisenhower +1.2 +41%
    Ford* +2.0 +36%
    GHW Bush +1.9 +28%
    Reagan +1.7 +23%
    Obama +1.3 +17%
    Kennedy -1.1 -17%
    Carter -1.6 -21%
    Clinton -1.7 -23%
    Johnson -1.7 -33%

    * = Ford was in office 29 months


    Bureau of Labor Statistics Data


    ... happy now? Still doesn't change the fact that every single Republican president on that chart lost jobs in their first 32 months in office whereas Obama is the first Democrat to lose jobs like a Republican, only not as bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Tell me that a net job loss is better than a net job gain because the percentage change is better with the net job loss? both Reagan and Obama inherited bad economic conditions although Obama was part of the problem and has proven to be incapable of coming up with a solution.
    You cannot rationally compare the economy Obama inherited with the one Reagan Inherited.

    GDP 1980-Q4: +7.6 (not in recession)
    GDP 2008-Q4: -8.9 (in recession)


    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Now you can continue to ignore that and spout the DNC talking points but there is a reason his JAR is so low and that is due to the fact that he doesn't have a clue. Reagan was a leader, Obama probably cannot spell the word. That is reality and the results show it
    Riiiight ... I fondly recall you trying to use JAR to show Reagan was a leader whereas Obama is not -- except you were then tasked with the daunting challenge to explain that since Reagan had a JAR lower than Obama 2 years into his first term.
    Last edited by Sheik Yerbuti; 10-13-11 at 07:12 PM.

  5. #335
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Actually, it has never been shown. Believe it or not, you repeating that 100 times is not "showing me" anything. But fine, you want numbers too? Here are the percentage point increases/decreases too ...



    Nixon +2.6 +77%
    Bush +1.5 +45%
    Eisenhower +1.2 +41%
    Ford* +2.0 +36%
    GHW Bush +1.9 +28%
    Reagan +1.7 +23%
    Obama +1.3 +17%
    Kennedy -1.1 -17%
    Carter -1.6 -21%
    Clinton -1.7 -23%
    Johnson -1.7 -33%

    * = Ford was in office 29 months


    Bureau of Labor Statistics Data


    ... happy now? Still doesn't change the fact that every single Republican president on that chart lost jobs in their first 32 months in office whereas Obama is the first Democrat to lose jobs like a Republican, only not as bad.


    You cannot rationally compare the economy Obama inherited with the one Reagan Inherited.

    GDP 1980-Q4: +7.6 (not in recession)
    GDP 2008-Q4: -8.9 (in recession)



    Riiiight ... I fondly recall you trying to use JAR to show Reagan was a leader whereas Obama is not -- except you were then tasked with the daunting challenge to explain that since Reagan had a JAR lower than Obama 2 years into his first term.
    Reagan Recovery vs. Obama Recovery in Pictures

  6. #336
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Reagan didn't inherit a recession that lost 12 million jobs to underemployment. Had he, that chart would look very different.

  7. #337
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Reagan didn't inherit a recession that lost 12 million jobs to underemployment. Had he, that chart would look very different.
    Reagan inherited high inflation which gave him a misery index of almost 20 and there was a recession in 1980 so once again you show your ignorance about the period of time yet claim to be an expert. Working Americans were hurt more by the high interest rates and high inflation more than they were hurt by the Recession of Dec. 2007-June 2009. I lived and worked during both and as pointed out, the difference is the recovery and what you get with a leader vs a community agitator.

  8. #338
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Reagan inherited high inflation which gave him a misery index of almost 20 and there was a recession in 1980 so once again you show your ignorance about the period of time yet claim to be an expert. Working Americans were hurt more by the high interest rates and high inflation more than they were hurt by the Recession of Dec. 2007-June 2009. I lived and worked during both and as pointed out, the difference is the recovery and what you get with a leader vs a community agitator.
    Read my lips .... "there was no recession when Reagan became president."

    That there was one before and one after he was sworn in will never alter that fact, no matter how badly you wish it were true.

    And as you have been educated in, neither inflation nor interest rates are economic indicators and your complaint about the misery index is all about inflation since the other component of the misery index, the unemployment rate, was lower than what Obama inherited and and wasn't rising like it was when Obama was sworn in.

    There is no comparison between the economy Obama inherited and the one Reagan inherited.

    None.

    Again, GDP, which actually is an indicator of the economy ...

    GDP 1980-Q4: +7.6 (not in recession)
    GDP 2008-Q4: -8.9 (in recession)


    I've never seen anybody in my life try to make the case that an economy in a massive recession is better than an economy not in a recession at all.

    As far as the recovery from those two recessions, the Great Bush Recession lost 8 million jobs compared to Reagan's recession which lost 4 million.

  9. #339
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Read my lips .... "there was no recession when Reagan became president."

    That there was one before and one after he was sworn in will never alter that fact, no matter how badly you wish it were true.

    And as you have been educated in, neither inflation nor interest rates are economic indicators and your complaint about the misery index is all about inflation since the other component of the misery index, the unemployment rate, was lower than what Obama inherited and and wasn't rising like it was when Obama was sworn in.

    There is no comparison between the economy Obama inherited and the one Reagan inherited.

    None.

    Again, GDP, which actually is an indicator of the economy ...

    GDP 1980-Q4: +7.6 (not in recession)
    GDP 2008-Q4: -8.9 (in recession)


    I've never seen anybody in my life try to make the case that an economy in a massive recession is better than an economy not in a recession at all.

    As far as the recovery from those two recessions, the Great Bush Recession lost 8 million jobs compared to Reagan's recession which lost 4 million.
    Try paying 17.5% interest and double digit inflation and tell me we weren't in a recession. That recession began in June 1981 and the Reagan economic play wasn't passed until August. You can try to re-write history but you cannot change it.

    What you and far too many "young" people today fail to understand is that the misery index of 19.33 made the 81-82 recession worse for the individual than the 07-09 recession. The problem is you are focused on the past and not the future which of course is the recovery. Recovery matters more than than the past because there is nothing you can do about the past. Keep buying the spin and the rhetoric while ignoring the results.

    Reagan had a net job increase of 17 million and generated those results with leadership. Your community organizer is a divider and has no chance of generating those kind of numbers unless everyone works for the govt. I love how people who weren't around during the Reagan years or too young to know what was going on somehow today are experts. Just goes to show how liberalism has brainwashed far too many.

  10. #340
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Try paying 17.5% interest and double digit inflation and tell me we weren't in a recession. .
    that is not a recession.

Page 34 of 59 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •