Page 31 of 59 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 589

Thread: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

  1. #301
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    How are you coming on make the case for the re-election of Obama? Using the Bush argument isn't going to fly as the Obama results will be on the ballot. How do those results compare to Bush's 2004 results?
    Pretty well so far. Nearly 2/3rds of those polled still blame Bush's policies for the current economic conditions; so like it or not (and I know that you don't) Bush's legacy will also be on the ballot next year. And still, Obama beats every named Republican easily according to the latest polls except for Romney, who he only beats by a small margin.

    The funniest part though are diehard Conservatives like you are going to have to vote for a Liberal Mormon like Romney!


  2. #302
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,295

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Pretty well so far. Nearly 2/3rds of those polled still blame Bush's policies for the current economic conditions; so like it or not (and I know that you don't) Bush's legacy will also be on the ballot next year. And still, Obama beats every named Republican easily according to the latest polls except for Romney, who he only beats by a small margin.

    The funniest part though are diehard Conservatives like you are going to have to vote for a Liberal Mormon like Romney!

    Yep, that is proof and a reason to re-elect Obama in the liberal world. Keep Bush on the ballot in 2012 since apparently liberals like you don't understand failure of leadership. How does the smartest man to ever hold the office with total control of the U.S. Congress for two years generate results worse than when he took office? I will vote for the Republican candidate because of the Obama record and it is that record that will be on the ballot in 2012

  3. #303
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Yep, that is proof and a reason to re-elect Obama in the liberal world. Keep Bush on the ballot in 2012 since apparently liberals like you don't understand failure of leadership.
    Nah, we understand failed leadership. We saw it 8 years ago as Bush was gearing up for re-election and we watched as 84% of Conservatives and 93% of Republicans voted to give him 4 more years anyway.

    Now the shoe is on the other foot and many of those same Conservatives and Republicans are crying like babies because many Liberals and Democrats are going to do the same thing they did in the 2004 election.


    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    How does the smartest man to ever hold the office with total control of the U.S. Congress for two years generate results worse than when he took office?
    Seems that's what happens when one inherits the worst economy any president ever inherited except for FDR.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    I will vote for the Republican candidate because of the Obama record and it is that record that will be on the ballot in 2012
    Bull****. You'd vote for the Republican candidate under any circumstance. Doesn't matter how well the Democrat performs. Results don't matter to you. You proved that by voting for Dole over Clinton, despite Clinton doing a fine job during his first term.

  4. #304
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,295

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Nah, we understand failed leadership. We saw it 8 years ago as Bush was gearing up for re-election and we watched as 84% of Conservatives and 93% of Republicans voted to give him 4 more years anyway.

    Now the shoe is on the other foot and many of those same Conservatives and Republicans are crying like babies because many Liberals and Democrats are going to do the same thing they did in the 2004 election.



    Seems that's what happens when one inherits the worst economy any president ever inherited except for FDR.


    Bull****. You'd vote for the Republican candidate under any circumstance. Doesn't matter how well the Democrat performs. Results don't matter to you. You proved that by voting for Dole over Clinton, despite Clinton doing a fine job during his first term.
    Keep saying the same thing over and over again all in hopes of successfully diverting from the Obama record. You have yet to answer the question posed, why didn't the smartest man every to hold the office along with overwhelming control of Congress not solve the problem solely created by a dumb cowboy from TX? Keep running, Sheik, for that is all you do

  5. #305
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Keep saying the same thing over and over again all in hopes of successfully diverting from the Obama record. You have yet to answer the question posed, why didn't the smartest man every to hold the office along with overwhelming control of Congress not solve the problem solely created by a dumb cowboy from TX? Keep running, Sheik, for that is all you do
    I'm pretty sure I've answered this question ... numerous times in fact ... The Great Bush Recession was bigger and deeper than anyone could fully reverse in just a few years. Hell, I just read a report this morning that there were more than 600,000 foreclosures during the third quarter of this year and how we are experiencing the biggest drop in home ownership since the Great Depression. All part of the hangover from Bush's Great Recession.

    No one, especially not McCain, could have fixed Bush's mess this quickly. Hell, had McCain won, he wouldn't have passed a stimulus package like Obama did and we would have continued hemorrhaging jobs at the rate of 700,000 per month for who knows how long. Instead, we got this ...


    6088811219_7177d24faa.jpg
    Last edited by Sheik Yerbuti; 10-13-11 at 04:17 PM.

  6. #306
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,295

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    I'm pretty sure I've answered this question ... numerous times in fact ... The Great Bush Recession was bigger and deeper than anyone could fully reverse in just a few years. Hell, I just read a report this morning that there were more than 600,000 foreclosures during the third quarter of this year and how we are experiencing the biggest drop in home ownership since the Great Depression. All part of the hangover from Bush's Great Recession.

    No one, especially not McCain, could have fixed Bush's mess this quickly. Hell, had McCain won, he wouldn't have passed a stimulus package like Obama did and we would have continued hemorrhaging jobs at the rate of 700,000 per month for who knows how long. Instead, we got this ...


    6088811219_7177d24faa.jpg
    Sorry but the smartest man to ever hold the office with overwhelming numbers and control of Congress has worse economic results today than when he took office. Not sure there is evidence that Obama is so smart when you continue to see the people who support him.

  7. #307
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Sorry but the smartest man to ever hold the office with overwhelming numbers and control of Congress has worse economic results today than when he took office. Not sure there is evidence that Obama is so smart when you continue to see the people who support him.
    Really? losing 732,000 jobs is better than gaining 398,000 jobs? That's the difference between when he started and now.

    A GDP of negative 8.9 percent is better than a positive 1.3 percent? That's the difference between when he started and now.

    Seems like Obama is doing a descent job given the miserable economy Bush handed him.

  8. #308
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,295

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Really? losing 732,000 jobs is better than gaining 398,000 jobs? That's the difference between when he started and now.

    A GDP of negative 8.9 percent is better than a positive 1.3 percent? That's the difference between when he started and now.

    Seems like Obama is doing a descent job given the miserable economy Bush handed him.
    2008 was a disaster, no question about it. Interesting how there are still more unemployed today than when Obama took office and still over 15 million officially with the true number more like 25 million plus unemployed and under employed.

    I can see how people like you believe Obama is doing a good job because the trillions he has spent really isn't money. Let me know when there is a net job gain with Obama? Don't you think spending over a trillion dollars on stimulus shouldn't have generated more job gains? You do understand the difference between net and gross, don't you?

  9. #309
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    2008 was a disaster, no question about it. Interesting how there are still more unemployed today than when Obama took office and still over 15 million officially with the true number more like 25 million plus unemployed and under employed.

    ?
    Uhmmm U6 and U3 are both officially reported by the BLS.

  10. #310
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,295

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Uhmmm U6 and U3 are both officially reported by the BLS.
    Right, and both are worse today than when he took office

Page 31 of 59 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •