Page 30 of 59 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 589

Thread: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

  1. #291
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Apparently a Nobel Prize winner in Economics doesn't think of the Obama results either.

    Critic of Obamanomics wins Nobel in Economics

    And they have valid arguments you don't.

    BTW here is an excerpt from a WSJ interview with Nobel Economic Prize Winner Peter Diamond:

    On the wisdom of the Fed’s latest move, nicknamed “Operation Twist:”
    –The economy needs stimulus, it needs fiscal stimulus, it needs monetary stimulus, and this was a good step.

    Nobel Winner Diamond: I ‘Really Wanted to Go’ to the Fed; Austerity Measures ‘Perverse’ - Real Time Economics - WSJ

  2. #292
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    And they have valid arguments you don't.

    BTW here is an excerpt from a WSJ interview with Nobel Economic Prize Winner Peter Diamond:

    On the wisdom of the Fed’s latest move, nicknamed “Operation Twist:”
    –The economy needs stimulus, it needs fiscal stimulus, it needs monetary stimulus, and this was a good step.

    Nobel Winner Diamond: I ‘Really Wanted to Go’ to the Fed; Austerity Measures ‘Perverse’ - Real Time Economics - WSJ
    A valid stimulus, yes, a bailout NO, that stimulated nothing.

  3. #293
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    A valid stimulus, yes, a bailout NO, that stimulated nothing.
    Okay what ever you say not that you ever know what you are talking about.

  4. #294
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    A valid stimulus, yes, a bailout NO, that stimulated nothing.
    Ah more of the interview with Peter Diamond:

    On the nation’s unemployment problem and how infrastructure spending could help solve it:
    –Most of [the 9.1% unemployment rate], more than half of it, is inadequate aggregate demand and what we need now, very badly, is more fiscal stimulus and the continuation by the Fed of rolling out monetary stimulus as it fits their projections of what’s going on.
    –Right now we have idle labor, idle capital… [and] interest rates are low, so doing it sooner has that advantage compared to doing it later. And third we do get a Keynesian multiplier out of it. –The fact that infrastructure spending will be phased in slowly doesn’t seem to me a shortcoming right now, because all the forecasts we’ve seen say coming out of this [malaise] is going to be a slow process.


    On the long-term problems that we may be worsening:
    We need better education to get a better labor force, we need better worker training, we need a process to make us more productive, we need more [research and development] spending — the federal government has been cutting back on R&D spending as a percentage of GDP, so has industry, yet it’s technological advances that drive the growth of incomes in the economy…. To be cutting back on R&D support doesn’t augur well for the economy and we shouldn’t be doing that.

  5. #295
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Ah more of the interview with Peter Diamond:

    On the nation’s unemployment problem and how infrastructure spending could help solve it:
    –Most of [the 9.1% unemployment rate], more than half of it, is inadequate aggregate demand and what we need now, very badly, is more fiscal stimulus and the continuation by the Fed of rolling out monetary stimulus as it fits their projections of what’s going on.
    –Right now we have idle labor, idle capital… [and] interest rates are low, so doing it sooner has that advantage compared to doing it later. And third we do get a Keynesian multiplier out of it. –The fact that infrastructure spending will be phased in slowly doesn’t seem to me a shortcoming right now, because all the forecasts we’ve seen say coming out of this [malaise] is going to be a slow process.


    On the long-term problems that we may be worsening:
    We need better education to get a better labor force, we need better worker training, we need a process to make us more productive, we need more [research and development] spending — the federal government has been cutting back on R&D spending as a percentage of GDP, so has industry, yet it’s technological advances that drive the growth of incomes in the economy…. To be cutting back on R&D support doesn’t augur well for the economy and we shouldn’t be doing that.
    Wasn't that Stimulus 1? Infrastructure spending?

    More education? So the 25 million unemployed and under employed aren't educated?

    Govt R&D Spending? Solyndra? Sun Power?

  6. #296
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Wasn't that Stimulus 1? Infrastructure spending?

    More education? So the 25 million unemployed and under employed aren't educated?

    Govt R&D Spending? Solyndra? Sun Power?
    Oh so now you disagree with one of the Nobel Prize Winners that is critical of Obama now that you have found out more about him.

    Tell me which way is the wind blowing today in your neck of the world

  7. #297
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Oh so now you disagree with one of the Nobel Prize Winners that is critical of Obama now that you have found out more about him.

    Tell me which way is the wind blowing today in your neck of the world
    I don't disagree with him in that stimulus was needed, not the Obama stimulus. Education is needed but not liberal indoctrination. Are you ever going to respond to actual facts and data? What was the purpose of the first stimulus program? When did Bush have 25 million unemployed and under employed Americans and a U-6 unemployment number of 16.5%

  8. #298
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I don't disagree with him in that stimulus was needed, not the Obama stimulus. Education is needed but not liberal indoctrination.
    Your partisanship is so obvious.

    Are you ever going to respond to actual facts and data? What was the purpose of the first stimulus program? When did Bush have 25 million unemployed and under employed Americans and a U-6 unemployment number of 16.5%
    That is your own little side argument you are having with yourself.

  9. #299
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Since you want to judge Bush on his performance for a few months why aren't you judging Obama on his 2 1/2 years in office especially the results today vs when he took office? Again sure wish you would have taken a civics class.
    Whoaaa ... that's exactly what you did with Bush. When I pointed out how bad the economy was in 2001, 2002, and much of 2003, you said you voted for him because he turned the economy around by 2004. So it's ok for you to vote for Bush based on his 4th year in office but it's not ok for others to do the same with Obama?

    Just get the word, "hypocrite" tattooed on your forehead so you don't have to use a sharpie every day.
    Last edited by Sheik Yerbuti; 10-13-11 at 01:12 PM.

  10. #300
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Whoaaa ... that's exactly what you did with Bush. When I pointed out how bad the economy was in 2001, 2002, and much of 2003, you said you voted for him because he turned the economy around be 2004. So it's ok for you to vote for Bush based on his 4th year in office but it's not ok for others to do the same with Obama?

    Just get the word, "hypocrite" tattooed on your forehead so you don't have to use a sharpie every day.
    How are you coming on make the case for the re-election of Obama? Using the Bush argument isn't going to fly as the Obama results will be on the ballot. How do those results compare to Bush's 2004 results?

    Obama economic results in 2011, .4% GDPand 1.3% GDP growth in 2011, 25+ million unemployed or under employed Americansin 2011, 4 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years, and a downgrade ofthe U.S. credit rating. Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.67. 38-41% JAR and wellover 50-55% disapproval ratings.

Page 30 of 59 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •