Page 17 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 589

Thread: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

  1. #161
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Amazing how a "dumb cowboy" from TX with total Democrat control of Congress did what you claim he did. Better think about that.
    He didn't, you're just lying as usual. His help came from Republicans, not Democrats ...


    "Thanks to our policies, home ownership in America is at an all-time high." ~ George Bush, 9.2.2004, RNC acceptance speech

  2. #162
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    What? you didn't get your latest IPhone? That seems to be a depression to young liberals. There was no Great Bush Depression which indicates to me that the youth of today don't have a clue what a depression is. Obama did no such thing as the results today are worse than when he took office except on economic growth which ought to be better when you add 4 trillion to the debt.
    You're lying again, Con ... no one said Bush's Great Recession was a depression.

  3. #163
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    You're lying again, Con ... no one said Bush's Great Recession was a depression.
    Post 146, don't you ever stop lying?

    Do you even think? I mean what you just said has no logic in it and is almost irrelevant to the argument at hand. Let me sum it up for you. We are saying that BUsh was responsible for the bush great depression and that Obama has attempted (almost successfully) to repair the damage he did. Will you ever just say, sorry I was wrong?

  4. #164
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    That makes my point, Reagan added 1.7 trillion to the debt which tripled it and Obama has increased it by 4. trillion dollars or a 40% increase. Which one was worse?
    Holy ****, Con, you're comparing 1988 dollars with 2011 dollars again??

    If you make $100,000/year now but your father made $75,000 in 1930, whose salary was worse?

    When are you going to educate yourself and learn what "nominal" means?

  5. #165
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    What damage was done prior to Democrats taking control of Congress in January 2007 and please be specific.
    Exactly how clueless are you, Con?

    Do you even know what led to the financial collape?

    Here's a clue ...


    "Thanks to our policies, home ownership in America is at an all-time high." ~ George Bush, 9.2.2004, RNC acceptance speech


    Exactly what years do you think the toxic loans, which led to the collapse of the economy, were written? Is it your contention those loans were written in 2007 and 2008?

  6. #166
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    That makes my point, Reagan added 1.7 trillion to the debt which tripled it and Obama has increased it by 4. trillion dollars or a 40% increase. Which one was worse?
    Uhmm you are comparing apples and oranges here. Riddle me this where would the debt be should Obama triple it?

  7. #167
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti

    The damage to the country was done by then. It occurred years earlier and Obama never voted on any of the bills which allowed it to happen. By 2006, the housing market was crumbling.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    That is your opinion, the recession began in December 2007 and prior to that there was good job and economic growth. Democrats controlled Congress so why didn't Obama vote? But what does that have to do with the performance today 2 1/2 years after Obama took office?
    Wrong, Con, that is not my opinion ... it's what happened. Within the first 3 months of 2006, we had hit a historic high foreclosure rate ...

    Foreclosure Rate Hits Historic High

    The percentage of U.S. mortgages entering foreclosure in the first three months of the year was the highest in more than 50 years, according to the Mortgage Bankers Association.

    As the association released its numbers, the Federal Reserve held a hearing to determine whether regulators could do anything to crack down on abusive lending practices, which have exacerbated the problem

    The problems arose last year as the housing market softened, driving down home prices and making it more difficult for cash-strapped borrowers to sell their homes or refinance their way out of trouble.

    The most dramatic fallout took place in the subprime market, which caters to people with blemished credit or other factors that make them a risk to lenders.

    You can't blame that on Obama. You can't blame that on Democrats. Where's your outrage at Bush? Where's your outrage at Republicans?

    "Thanks to our policies, home ownership in America is at an all-time high." ~ George Bush, 9.2.2004, RNC acceptance speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    What you failed to acknowledge is that the 2009 budget was passed almost solely with Democrat votes including Obama's thus the 2009 budget was a Democrat budget.
    In case you didn't notice, you didn't answer the question ... how much of the FY2009 debt do you attribute to Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Just goes to show what happens when you vote for someone with zero leadership and executive management skills.
    Umm, he's lost fewer jobs than Bush and Reagan lost by this point and they both had experience.


    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    As has been pointed out many times over the past few months I have voted for more Democrats than you and the fact that Obama is a Democrat has nothing to do with my vote but the fact that he is a radical liberal Democrat disqualifies him from my vote. Your speculation on how I vote is noted but like just about every issue you don't have a clue there as well.
    Actually, you lied about that too. You claimed you voted for Kennedy until I pointed out you aren't old enough to have voted for him. And since you turned into a Conservative, you have voted strictly for Republican presidents, so yes, all that matters to you is that the candidate put an "R" after their name.
    Last edited by Sheik Yerbuti; 10-11-11 at 09:29 PM.

  8. #168
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Post 146, don't you ever stop lying?
    I'm not you (thank G-d) and I don't lie. But I do make mistakes and I apologize for that one.

  9. #169
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Uhmm you are comparing apples and oranges here. Riddle me this where would the debt be should Obama triple it?
    So 1.7 trillion is more than 4 trillion because it is a 300% increase? That must be liberal logic

  10. #170
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    So 1.7 trillion is more than 4 trillion because it is a 300% increase? That must be liberal logic
    Again, why are you comparing 1988 dollars with 2011 dollars? You "claim" to be business savyy but I fail to see the evidence in such a claim when you can't even understand the difference between nominal figures and real figures.

Page 17 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •