Page 14 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 589

Thread: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

  1. #131
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Complete and utter bull****.

    First and foremost, the economy
    was not in recession when Reagan took over. How on G-d's green Earth is an economy not in rec ession worse than one that is in recession and teetering on total collapse?

    Secondly, the leading indicator of the economy is GDP...

    GDP 1980-Q4: +7.6%
    GDP 1981-Q1: +8.6%

    GDP 2008-Q4: -8.9%
    GDP 2009-Q1: -7.6%

    You ignore that because it completely destroys your position. And as usual, you're just making **** up because you think it helps your argument. When really, all you're doing is making a fool of yourself.
    For someone your age you don't have a clue what the economy was like when Reagan took office but the 20 misery index and 17.5% interest rates should give you a clue. The recession began in July 1981, Reagan economic program went into effect in fiscal year 1982 that began in October 1982. You really shouldn't be talking about that which you know nothing about.

  2. #132
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You do realize that the Treasury Dept is the keeper of the U.S. books, right? Here is what the Treasury Dept. shows today so I was wrong, it is now 14.7 trillion dollars

    Public Debt, Intergovt. holdings, and total debt. Total Debt 14.790 trillion

    09/30/2011 10,127,031,384,654.10 4,663,308,943,903.05 14,790,340,328,557.15

    Government - Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)
    Only a .1 trillion dollar tax gain over 6 months. I say give this guy another 4 years in office to get the US paying off the debt. If he could solve the great bush depression, he is my hero and he is almost there, but you despise this because it goes against your political agenda.

  3. #133
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You do realize that the Treasury Dept is the keeper of the U.S. books, right? Here is what the Treasury Dept. shows today so I was wrong, it is now 14.7 trillion dollars

    Public Debt, Intergovt. holdings, and total debt. Total Debt 14.790 trillion

    09/30/2011 10,127,031,384,654.10 4,663,308,943,903.05 14,790,340,328,557.15

    Government - Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

    psssst:


    10/07/2011 10,126,551,131,197.29 4,733,772,908,417.74 14,860,324,039,615.03

  4. #134
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Only a .1 trillion dollar tax gain over 6 months. I say give this guy another 4 years in office to get the US paying off the debt. If he could solve the great bush depression, he is my hero and he is almost there, but you despise this because it goes against your political agenda.
    LOL, just imagine what kind of credit you would give him if he actually signed the Ryan Budget. You continue to miss the point as usual all in an attempt to justify failure.

  5. #135
    User Snevert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    10-13-11 @ 09:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    66

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I worry about people like you who are apparently having your head filled with a lot of mush in that you believe it isn't extreme to force once class to fund the programs of another class and to redistribute wealth. It is a sad state when people like you don't really understand how our economy works and how jobs are created. You will someday when you get a job and see what your paycheck looks like after tax deductions.

    I find it interesting that people like you believe bureaucrats in D.C. can solve local social problems you your community. If liberals feel the govt. needs more money why aren't they sending more out of their paycheck or better yet sending their Bush tax cut back after each paycheck?
    Matter of fact I do have a job. I've seen my paycheck. I've read my taxes. Matter of fact I have a B.S. degree in Economics. Not saying I'm an expert, but if you don't have the level of education I have in the matter then it's most likely I would know more about it than you. You think it's sad, probably because you're comparing it to cases of that around the world. In reality, there are many other developed democratic countries that pay a lot more in taxes than we do and they don't play the "class warfare" card. Americans are spoiled when it comes to tax rates (across the board).
    The GOP National Committee should change their emblem from an elephant to a condom. A condom stands up to inflation, halts production, destroys the next generation, protects pricks, and gives one a sense of security and safety while screwing others.

  6. #136
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    psssst:


    10/07/2011 10,126,551,131,197.29 4,733,772,908,417.74 14,860,324,039,615.03
    So what then has been added to the debt since obama took office?

  7. #137
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    LOL, just imagine what kind of credit you would give him if he actually signed the Ryan Budget. You continue to miss the point as usual all in an attempt to justify failure.
    You continue to not make points all in an attempt to justify your political beliefs.

  8. #138
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Snevert View Post
    Matter of fact I do have a job. I've seen my paycheck. I've read my taxes. Matter of fact I have a B.S. degree in Economics. Not saying I'm an expert, but if you don't have the level of education I have in the matter then it's most likely I would know more about it than you. You think it's sad, probably because you're comparing it to cases of that around the world. In reality, there are many other developed democratic countries that pay a lot more in taxes than we do and they don't play the "class warfare" card. Americans are spoiled when it comes to tax rates (across the board).
    Of course you know more about it than I do. I only spent 35 years in the real business world after getting a college degree as well. There is a reason that this country is better than all other countries in the world and it is called American Exceptionalism.Why would you compare what taxes we pay here to other countries? Want to compare pay as well? Why do you think we need a large central govt. that those taxes fund? What does increasing Federal Taxes do to state taxes?

  9. #139
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    You continue to not make points all in an attempt to justify your political beliefs.
    Keep diverting from reality. Did Obama sign a continuing resolution more or less than he wanted?

  10. #140
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So what then has been added to the debt since obama took office?
    Let me google that for you

Page 14 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •