Page 13 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 589

Thread: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

  1. #121
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Sheik Yerbuti;1059863877]Sorry, Con, but there is no way you can claim accuracy when you post, "38% approval rating today," but his JAR is not actually 38% today. You could just admit you were wrong, but accepting responsibility for your mistakes is above your paygrade.
    When I posted it, the approval rating was 38%. I errored in claiming it was today but probably will be accurate tomorrow as that is where it is fluctuating. To bad you don't take your own advice and be more specific and accurate in your posts as you take percentage change without putting it in context and ignore actual data.


    As a single member of Congress, his was but one vote among 100. Again, you fail here. Bush, whose 1 vote among 1, is responsible for the bills he signs into law, just as Clinton was before him. Not to mention, Obama didn't even vote on the bills which led to our financial destruction. Those bills were passed before Obama was even a U.S. Senator.
    Pelosi and Reid controlled the Congress from January 2007 to January 2011. Obama was running for President since about 2006 or right before the Dems took control of Congress. Obama voted for the 2009 budget which passed with overwhelming Democrat support and then put the Department heads in place to spend the money. The results speak for themselves, 4 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years. I suggest you take a civics class so as to stop making a fool of yourself.


    Yet more bull****. The truth is, Obama is promoting economic plans. Some may disagree with them, one is expected to get killed in the Senate any moment now, but to say, "he has no economic plan other than promoting class warfare," is a lie as obvious as your growing nose.
    What economic plan, shovel ready jobs that weren't so shovel ready? Obamacare which drives up business costs? A jobs bill that has no chance of passing in the Democrat controlled Senate? What specific economic plan has Obama implemented that generated positive economic results because the actual numbers show that his economy is a diaster.

    We'll see in 13 months from now, won't we.
    Yep, we shall see, tell us why anyone would vote for Obama with the results we have today?

  2. #122
    User Snevert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    10-13-11 @ 09:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    66

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes it is, when you take the earnings of someone else and tax revenue from 53% of the people who pay FIT and distribute it to the other 47% that don't pay any FIT what would you call it?
    It's not warfare. What kind of planet are you living on to think it's that extreme? No one's getting shot because they're not paying their fair share.. You don't shoot somebody because of that! It's not class warfare, it's called sacrifice! Also, the people that don't pay any taxes range in all income ranges so don't give me that. It's wrong that there are companies like Exxon that don't get taxed at all. It's wrong that the poorest people in this country don't get taxed. It's a sacrifice that EVERYONE should make.

    I really don't care about the complaints of the rich about paying too much. Are they really job creators? No. Their company is a job. Their companies hire people. That's why we should minimally tax companies and tax the wealthy individuals at a much heavier rate. Meanwhile the extremely wealthy never had the thought of "oh gee I pay so many taxes, why don't I just take a pay cut so I don't have to pay as much in taxes. I can still send the kids to college and not make my family starve" It's absolutely ridiculous! We also need to turn golden parachutes into lead parachutes.
    The GOP National Committee should change their emblem from an elephant to a condom. A condom stands up to inflation, halts production, destroys the next generation, protects pricks, and gives one a sense of security and safety while screwing others.

  3. #123
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Yes it does it means something that you do not stand by what you say and try to wiggle out of it. And I quote:




    Now is Bush responsible for the 20.7 percentage point increase in debt / GDP ratio or not from 2005 to 2009 ?
    It certainly happened on his watch however Congress was responsible then just like they are responsible now. What amazes me is how you and Sheik focus on percentage change because that is all you have. Problem is we don't pay debt service, thus no cost to the taxpayer, on percentage change but instead on total dollars of debt.

  4. #124
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    It certainly happened on his watch however Congress was responsible then just like they are responsible now. What amazes me is how you and Sheik focus on percentage change because that is all you have. Problem is we don't pay debt service, thus no cost to the taxpayer, on percentage change but instead on total dollars of debt.
    Oh god you are hilarious.

  5. #125
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Snevert View Post
    It's not warfare. What kind of planet are you living on to think it's that extreme? No one's getting shot because they're not paying their fair share.. You don't shoot somebody because of that! It's not class warfare, it's called sacrifice! Also, the people that don't pay any taxes range in all income ranges so don't give me that. It's wrong that there are companies like Exxon that don't get taxed at all. It's wrong that the poorest people in this country don't get taxed. It's a sacrifice that EVERYONE should make.

    I really don't care about the complaints of the rich about paying too much. Are they really job creators? No. Their company is a job. Their companies hire people. That's why we should minimally tax companies and tax the wealthy individuals at a much heavier rate. Meanwhile the extremely wealthy never had the thought of "oh gee I pay so many taxes, why don't I just take a pay cut so I don't have to pay as much in taxes. I can still send the kids to college and not make my family starve" It's absolutely ridiculous! We also need to turn golden parachutes into lead parachutes.
    I worry about people like you who are apparently having your head filled with a lot of mush in that you believe it isn't extreme to force once class to fund the programs of another class and to redistribute wealth. It is a sad state when people like you don't really understand how our economy works and how jobs are created. You will someday when you get a job and see what your paycheck looks like after tax deductions.

    I find it interesting that people like you believe bureaucrats in D.C. can solve local social problems you your community. If liberals feel the govt. needs more money why aren't they sending more out of their paycheck or better yet sending their Bush tax cut back after each paycheck?

  6. #126
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    BTW conservative, you were using a six month old figure for the current debt (14.6 trillion dollars). U.S. National Debt Clock you can find the current debt. Also, notice how it has stopped increasing so traumatically. Could this mean Obama has made a change on the great bush depression?

  7. #127
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Was there a point here? I made one.
    Not sure what your point was with the following? Any idea how much 14.6 trillion is?

    Wow, only 14.6 trillion dollars, that statistic is only 6 months old. GO OBAMA!

  8. #128
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Reagan inheritedd worse economic conditions for the working Americans than did Obama no matter how he spins it.
    Complete and utter bull****.

    First and foremost, the economy
    was not in recession when Reagan took over. How on G-d's green Earth is an economy not in rec ession worse than one that is in recession and teetering on total collapse?

    Secondly, the leading indicator of the economy is GDP...

    GDP 1980-Q4: +7.6%
    GDP 1981-Q1: +8.6%

    GDP 2008-Q4: -8.9%
    GDP 2009-Q1: -7.6%

    You ignore that because it completely destroys your position. And as usual, you're just making **** up because you think it helps your argument. When really, all you're doing is making a fool of yourself.

  9. #129
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Not sure what your point was with the following? Any idea how much 14.6 trillion is?
    That wasn't a point conservative, of course I know how much 14.6 trillion dollars is. To demean my intelligence with such a mediocre question though is an insult.

  10. #130
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: White House Tax Plan Would Ask More of Millionaires (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    BTW conservative, you were using a six month old figure for the current debt (14.6 trillion dollars). U.S. National Debt Clock you can find the current debt. Also, notice how it has stopped increasing so traumatically. Could this mean Obama has made a change on the great bush depression?
    You do realize that the Treasury Dept is the keeper of the U.S. books, right? Here is what the Treasury Dept. shows today so I was wrong, it is now 14.7 trillion dollars

    Public Debt, Intergovt. holdings, and total debt. Total Debt 14.790 trillion

    09/30/2011 10,127,031,384,654.10 4,663,308,943,903.05 14,790,340,328,557.15

    Government - Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

Page 13 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •