Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 114

Thread: White House feeds off protest anger

  1. #1
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    White House feeds off protest anger

    I find this incredible because I believe the protesters are feeding off of Obama's Class War statements the put the rich in the cross hairs, along with any successful business.

    These idiots don't seem to know where jobs come from. They seem to buy Obama's stupid damn idea that Government is the answer and redistribution of wealth is a good thing.

    Only damn fools think that socialism/communism can work here, because it has never has and never will.
    When you level the playing field everyone ends up poor and jobs go away.'

    Obama is continuing to feed the unruly, unwashed, uninformed with his comments, along with Nasty Piglousy, and other imbecilic fools.

    White House feeds off protest anger - FT.com

    High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut & paste the article. See our Ts&Cs and Copyright Policy for more detail. Email ftsales.support@ft.com to buy additional rights.
    Weeks after taking to the streets in Manhattan, Occupy Wall St demonstrators are camped a block from the White House. Many of them are wondering: do they have a friend inside?
    While not endorsing the protests, Barack Obama and Joe Biden have expressed understanding of the movement that has spread rapidly across the country.

    High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut & paste the article. See our Ts&Cs and Copyright Policy for more detail. Email ftsales.support@ft.com to buy additional rights.
    Mr Obama said people were angry because Wall Street had not been “following the rules”. His vice-president even compared the movement on Thursday to the Tea Party, the conservative movement which has upended national politics in the past two years.

  2. #2
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,235

    Re: White House feeds off protest anger

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    I find this incredible because I believe the protesters are feeding off of Obama's Class War statements the put the rich in the cross hairs, along with any successful business.

    These idiots don't seem to know where jobs come from. They seem to buy Obama's stupid damn idea that Government is the answer and redistribution of wealth is a good thing.

    Only damn fools think that socialism/communism can work here, because it has never has and never will.
    When you level the playing field everyone ends up poor and jobs go away.'

    Obama is continuing to feed the unruly, unwashed, uninformed with his comments, along with Nasty Piglousy, and other imbecilic fools.
    Of course the White House is feeding off this bull****. This is just like the French Revolution, where out of control mobs gave the government excuses to do stupid ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: White House feeds off protest anger

    This doesn't bother me because it's a short sighted position. Unfortunately politicians do not consider anything beyond today.

    One of two things will happen here. The first is nothing. It will end up like the protests over the Iraq War lead by Cindy Sheehan. Here we are years later and we are sill in Iraq and not only that we are expanding the wars. It was big news for awhile.

    Or they actually accomplish something and cause problems for Wall Street. If that happens Wall Street will demand that Obama so something to put a stop to it and if he continues to want their money (which he does) he's going to be put in a no win situation.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: White House feeds off protest anger

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Of course the White House is feeding off this bull****. This is just like the French Revolution, where out of control mobs gave the government excuses to do stupid ****.
    I'm just noting.........the people won that one.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: White House feeds off protest anger

    Feeding off it ? This is all one big astro-turf Democrat-funded fake movement. Blaming banks and bail-outs .... are these things that just happened yesterday ? Are they protesting the failures of Stimulus ? The wasting of money on such as Solyndra ? Were this "spontaneous", it happens 2-3 years ago. This is all Obama reelection 2012. Since they need to shift the focus off of Obama's utter failure at everything, watch them start to increase the level of civil unrest with these losers.

    The majority of Americans are not buying the crap this tme around though. Obama is going down hard in 2012.

  6. #6
    200M yrs of experience
    Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southeastern USA
    Last Seen
    05-07-12 @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,166

    Re: White House feeds off protest anger

    <gasp> The people are speaking up for ending the Bush era tax cuts, increased oversight for financial institutions and no more bail-outs - things which have all been pushed under Obama - and the White House approves. How dare Obama approve of people saying "you are right!"
    I don't want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was wedding between the religious fundamentalists and political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it. ~ Billy Graham in Parade magazine February 1, 1981.

  7. #7
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,235

    Re: White House feeds off protest anger

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    I'm just noting.........the people won that one.
    Another note: over a half million frenchmen were executed for imaginary crimes, too. It's highly debatable if, "the people", won, or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #8
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,235

    Re: White House feeds off protest anger

    Quote Originally Posted by Frolicking Dinosaurs View Post
    <gasp> The people are speaking up for ending the Bush era tax cuts, increased oversight for financial institutions and no more bail-outs - things which have all been pushed under Obama - and the White House approves. How dare Obama approve of people saying "you are right!"
    They're pushing for more government control of the private sector.

    BTW, when did Obama promise no more bailouts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #9
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,127

    Re: White House feeds off protest anger

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    This is all one big astro-turf Democrat-funded fake movement. Blaming banks and bail-outs .... are these things that just happened yesterday ?
    Change a few words and it's the Tea Party. "This is all one big Republican-funded fake movement. Blaming spending and taxes....are these things that just happened yesterday?"


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: White House feeds off protest anger

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Another note: over a half million frenchmen were executed for imaginary crimes, too. It's highly debatable if, "the people", won, or not.
    I tend to favor the long term view over the short term. Unfortunately it was "the people" who were responsible for many of these executions.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •