Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 114

Thread: White House feeds off protest anger

  1. #31
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,518

    Re: White House feeds off protest anger

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    The Tea Party itself claims that they started in 2009. After Bush left office. So yeah, they had a lot of problems with the Bush administration...so many that they waited for him to leave office before they really started up.
    It's because Obama is black in 3...2...1...
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: White House feeds off protest anger

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I think that's the part you're missing: the complaints during the French Revolution weren't legitimate. They were grievances based on rumors. i.e. Marie Antionette never said, "let them eat cake".

    The rumors of crimes committed by the Aristocrats were started for no other reason than to stir up public anger.

    The 600,000 people who were executed in France were some of France's best and brightest and looking at the events that followed the revolution and at modern day France, I would hardly say that they are better off.

    The coincidence between the French Revolution and the occupiers is that they're both motivated by bull**** information and are aggetated by people who don't really have the best interest of the country in mind.
    I would agree. France was one giant disaster after the French Revolution. If anything, it paved the way for Napoleon's rise to power, not unlike how Hitler came to power with the disaster that was Germany after WWI. France's government has pretty much been a joke since.
    Last edited by Eighty Deuce; 10-08-11 at 05:15 PM. Reason: spelling

  3. #33
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,518

    Re: White House feeds off protest anger

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    I owuld agree. France was one giant disaster after the French Revolution. If anything, it paved the way for Napoleon's rise to power, not unlike how Hitler came to power with the disaster that was Germany after WWI. France's government has pretty much been a joke since.
    Yes, the French Revolution definitely opened the door for Napolean to rise to power. Anyone with the guts and brains to stop him were dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: White House feeds off protest anger

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I think that's the part you're missing: the complaints during the French Revolution weren't legitimate. They were grievances based on rumors. i.e. Marie Antionette never said, "let them eat cake".
    I undertand that and that's simply something added to make the story more interesting after the fact.

    The rumors of crimes committed by the Aristocrats were started for no other reason than to stir up public anger.

    The 600,000 people who were executed in France were some of France's best and brightest and looking at the events that followed the revolution and at modern day France, I would hardly say that they are better off.

    The coincidence between the French Revolution and the occupiers is that they're both motivated by bull**** information and are aggetated by people who don't really have the best interest of the country in mind.
    I'm not a big fan of Aristocracy and those who feel they are superior simply because of birth.

  5. #35
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,183

    Re: White House feeds off protest anger

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's because Obama is black in 3...2...1...
    Once again, you're the one to say it. Not me.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  6. #36
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,847

    Re: White House feeds off protest anger

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's because Obama is black in 3...2...1...
    You conservatives play the race card in like every thread.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #37
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: White House feeds off protest anger

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    I find this incredible because I believe the protesters are feeding off of Obama's Class War statements the put the rich in the cross hairs, along with any successful business.

    These idiots don't seem to know where jobs come from. They seem to buy Obama's stupid damn idea that Government is the answer and redistribution of wealth is a good thing.

    Only damn fools think that socialism/communism can work here, because it has never has and never will.
    When you level the playing field everyone ends up poor and jobs go away.'

    Obama is continuing to feed the unruly, unwashed, uninformed with his comments, along with Nasty Piglousy, and other imbecilic fools.
    You mean that the Republican party hasn't been feeding off the Tea Party movement?

    Oh.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: White House feeds off protest anger

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    I find this incredible because I believe the protesters are feeding off of Obama's Class War statements the put the rich in the cross hairs, along with any successful business.

    These idiots don't seem to know where jobs come from. They seem to buy Obama's stupid damn idea that Government is the answer and redistribution of wealth is a good thing.

    Only damn fools think that socialism/communism can work here, because it has never has and never will.
    When you level the playing field everyone ends up poor and jobs go away.'

    Obama is continuing to feed the unruly, unwashed, uninformed with his comments, along with Nasty Piglousy, and other imbecilic fools.
    Obama is trying to figure out a way to ingratiate himself to these morons. It won't be hard to do since 1, they are morons, 2 they basically think alike. Obama is one of them and if he wasn't pres he would be there protesting.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: White House feeds off protest anger

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Obama is trying to figure out a way to ingratiate himself to these morons. It won't be hard to do since 1, they are morons, 2 they basically think alike. Obama is one of them and if he wasn't pres he would be there protesting.
    Figure out a way ? Won't be hard, as these folks were bought, paid for, and sent by Obama's reelection campaign. They were puppets on strings before they ever showed up. Its also why they haven't a clue why they are there. It was not explained to them.

  10. #40
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: White House feeds off protest anger

    Right -- because if you disagree with them that means they're puppets, not young and angry and passionate enough to put their feelings on display.
    Last edited by TacticalEvilDan; 10-08-11 at 08:29 PM.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •