Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 114

Thread: White House feeds off protest anger

  1. #11
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: White House feeds off protest anger

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Change a few words and it's the Tea Party. "This is all one big Republican-funded fake movement. Blaming spending and taxes....are these things that just happened yesterday?"
    How can you possibly compare this to the Tea Party?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: White House feeds off protest anger

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Change a few words and it's the Tea Party. "This is all one big Republican-funded fake movement. Blaming spending and taxes....are these things that just happened yesterday?"
    I've noted that I'm open to see where this goes and I'm not going to slam something because it took awhile for it to build but the Tea Party complaints were pretty much made when what they were complaining about was happening.

  3. #13
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,161

    Re: White House feeds off protest anger

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    How can you possibly compare this to the Tea Party?
    It's a fake movement funded by one of the parties that are upset over things that have been going on for years. Think it's a coincedence that the Tea Party suddenly started with Obama when deficit spending had been going on for years?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  4. #14
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: White House feeds off protest anger

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    I tend to favor the long term view over the short term. Unfortunately it was "the people" who were responsible for many of these executions.
    The People won in Russia in 1917, too. And in China in 1947. A more accurate description would be that the, "mob", won.

    During the French Revolution, the government was feeding off the mob's anger and using that as reason to perform the executions, because they considered it to be the, "general will", of the people.

    Make no mistake, when you have a revolution that executes 600,000 citizens, based on rumors and for crimes amounting to nothing more than being rich, the people didn't win jack ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #15
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: White House feeds off protest anger

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    It's a fake movement funded by one of the parties that are upset over things that have been going on for years. Think it's a coincedence that the Tea Party suddenly started with Obama when deficit spending had been going on for years?
    The Tea Party started with Obamacare. Were you awake during the midterms?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #16
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,161

    Re: White House feeds off protest anger

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The People won in Russia in 1917, too.
    How so? The Bolsheviks didn't represent anything even close to a majority.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: White House feeds off protest anger

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    It's a fake movement funded by one of the parties that are upset over things that have been going on for years. Think it's a coincedence that the Tea Party suddenly started with Obama when deficit spending had been going on for years?
    It started over a program that was enacted under Bush. It's why (in part) they withheld their support from McCain. But this has been pointed out many times and it will likely not make any difference this time either.

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: White House feeds off protest anger

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Tea Party started with Obamacare. Were you awake during the midterms?
    No it didn't. It started with TARP.

  9. #19
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,803

    Re: White House feeds off protest anger

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    I find this incredible because I believe the protesters are feeding off of Obama's Class War statements the put the rich in the cross hairs, along with any successful business.
    "any successful business"???? Want to give a source on that little statement you're trying to slide up our butts?

    These idiots don't seem to know where jobs come from. They seem to buy Obama's stupid damn idea that Government is the answer and redistribution of wealth is a good thing.
    Oh really? Want to show us where you got that one as well? Hint: It doesn't count in the real world if it has no basis in fact.

    Only damn fools think that socialism/communism can work here, because it has never has and never will.
    Where is it stated that the desire is for socialism? I've got news for you. Democracy needs socialism and socialism needs a bit of democracy for their economies to thrive. You may not like that. You may not understand it, but it is true. As for never working in America because it never has and it never will is, ahhh, you know nonsensical. Something won't work because it hasn't and it never will is not why something won't work. Your reference to communism is pure mindless drivel. No one pays any attention to you when you say that because you don't make a great deal of sense anyway.

    When you level the playing field everyone ends up poor and jobs go away.
    Well that's ****ing odd, Councilman. Because right now after a couple of greed filled decades of raw predatory capitalism everyone is ending up poor and the job have gone away! Weird, innit?

    Obama is continuing to feed the unruly, unwashed, uninformed with his comments, along with Nasty Piglousy, and other imbecilic fools.
    You've been rather hate filled and nasty lately, Councilman. Perhaps prune juice in the morning will help. Best of luck.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  10. #20
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,161

    Re: White House feeds off protest anger

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Tea Party started with Obamacare. Were you awake during the midterms?
    Tea Party organizers claim that the first nationwide Tea Party protest took place on February 27, 2009, with coordinated events occurring in more than 40 cities.

    Read more: History of the Tea Party Movement — Infoplease.com History of the Tea Party Movement — Infoplease.com
    February of 2009. Pretty much right after Obama took power. To protest out of control spending that had been going on for 30 years and they suddenly realized it when a Democrat was in power. How gullible are you think it's not the Republicans somehow?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •