Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 114

Thread: White House feeds off protest anger

  1. #91
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: White House feeds off protest anger

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Begging for food and other provisions isn't exactly using their, "own funds".
    Receiving donations does not make you astroturf.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #92
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,132

    Re: White House feeds off protest anger

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    I find this incredible because I believe the protesters are feeding off of Obama's Class War statements the put the rich in the cross hairs, along with any successful business.

    These idiots don't seem to know where jobs come from.
    Do you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    They seem to buy Obama's stupid damn idea that Government is the answer and redistribution of wealth is a good thing.

    Only damn fools think that socialism/communism can work here, because it has never has and never will.
    When you level the playing field everyone ends up poor and jobs go away.'

    Obama is continuing to feed the unruly, unwashed, uninformed with his comments, along with Nasty Piglousy, and other imbecilic fools.
    No, but a society has to have a equitable way to distribute its wealth amongst its people, or the society will fail. Once we started lowering the highest tax rates, companies began to increase executive pay (and decrease re-investment in the country), leading to ever escalating executive pay while workers wages remained stagnant. The result, an increasing gap between the haves and have nots. See graphs on increasing exec pay in relation to workers, and in wealth disparity in relation in highest marginal income tax rate (funny, we did this once before in the 1920's...don't we ever learn?)

    CEO pay to worker pay by year.jpgwealthgapchart1.jpg



    You cannot sustain an economy where the very few get all of the riches and the masses eat cake. The American economy is more and more following the profile of Mexico, with few families controlling all of the wealth and holding all of the political power. Now, with the drug trade creating a means for the peasants to actually have a piece of the pie, Mexico is coming apart at the seems. What you are seeing with the Wall Street protests is not America coming apart at the seems, but certainly some relief at a stress point.

    Wealth disparity in US.jpgUneven Income Growth.jpg
    Last edited by upsideguy; 10-09-11 at 04:32 PM.

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: White House feeds off protest anger

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    Ahh I suck.

    Koch Industries: We Don't Fund Tea Parties (Except For The Tea Parties We Fund) | TPMMuckraker

    Apparently the same one already posted.

    Actually read several and that one was the shortest and to the point, including the whole realease, which was a general release to the media, apparently.
    Stop me where I'm wrong. It reads to me that they fund a conservative organization that supports the goals of the Tea Party. That's entirely different than bankrolling or being behind the movement.

    We see with the Wall Street thing unions joining in. Are we saying that unions bankrolled this and are behind it?

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: White House feeds off protest anger

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Nor am I, but, this is still a free country where such a thing isn't illegal and in no way should be illegal.

    These clown that are a part of the occupation want to make success punishable and that goes against my grain big time. They're never going to stop complaining about, "corporate greed", no matter how small the profits get. Not until there is no profit in the private sector, will they be satisfied.
    I see no correlation between aristocracy and success.

  5. #95
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,132

    Re: White House feeds off protest anger

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Nor am I, but, this is still a free country where such a thing isn't illegal and in no way should be illegal.

    These clown that are a part of the occupation want to make success punishable and that goes against my grain big time. They're never going to stop complaining about, "corporate greed", no matter how small the profits get. Not until there is no profit in the private sector, will they be satisfied.
    ...then again, dwindling corporate profits are not the problem. They are doing just fine. Its the fair sharing of the bounty that is at issue.

    Eco Expansion of 2001 to 2007.jpg

  6. #96
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,459
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House feeds off protest anger

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    Stop me where I'm wrong. It reads to me that they fund a conservative organization that supports the goals of the Tea Party. That's entirely different than bankrolling or being behind the movement.

    We see with the Wall Street thing unions joining in. Are we saying that unions bankrolled this and are behind it?
    Pretty sure the original point of contention was Koch funding of the Tea Party.

    So the Kochs merely provided massive amounts of money to one of the two groups that provide much of the money and most of the organization for tea party events.

    A group, by the way, whose chairman of the board is David Koch.

    This isn't a criminal trial.

    The word "specifically" in the release is how one avoids factually lying, the one taboo of Public Relations. Not because its wrong, but because you can get caught. And if you do it can costs you all the benefits you might obtain by encouraging a false impression.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: White House feeds off protest anger

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    Pretty sure the original point of contention was Koch funding of the Tea Party.

    So the Kochs merely provided massive amounts of money to one of the two groups that provide much of the money and most of the organization for tea party events.
    Something that you have been asked to back up but haven't been able to.

  8. #98
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: White House feeds off protest anger

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Their own funding? There was a call last week for donations of necessary provisions to be donated to them...LOL!!
    Nice. And I'm sure the koch brother showed up and funded it all for them ala tea party right? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  9. #99
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: White House feeds off protest anger

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Begging for food and other provisions isn't exactly using their, "own funds".
    So its NOT astroturf!

    Thanks for that info apdst!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  10. #100
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: White House feeds off protest anger

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    ...then again, dwindling corporate profits are not the problem. They are doing just fine. Its the fair sharing of the bounty that is at issue.

    What claim do these idiots have on the profits of a legitimate business?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •