The feds need to target marijuana use. It's still illegal at the federal level and we shouldn't give people a pass when it comes to breaking the law. Lessen the punishment for marijuana use, but don't legalize it. The feds really need to step it up.
Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
Not only did Obama lie (probably part of moving to the center for the election) this new 'Prohibition' is a great economic and social Debacle.
Billions spent buying foreign grass when
1. we could be growing and hiring a Million jobless/Currently non-taxpaying people along the supply chain.
2. we could save Tens of Billions of Law enforcement costs. Less Courts, Police, Judges, Jails, Prison Guards, Border Guards, etc etc, etxc, !!!
3. People get killed not because they're high on drugs, but because there's so much money in them BECAUSE.. they're illegal.
Thousands die in the Drug Wars, a good number from Marijuana alone.
ILLEGAL Marijuana kills. Legal doesn't
4. You can't stop an item where there's demand. It's estimated 90% of the Pot gets through. 90%.
5. Stop exporting dollars/actually positive effect our Trade balance. We might even export it.
All for what?
For the PRUDISH jerkoffs who don't want people enjoying themselves and nothing else.
Heaven also Forbid those medical MJ patients might secretly enjoy it as well.
Digsbe, maybe we can give medical users Depressant-Treated MJ to make sure there's no pleasurable high.
Legal pot would be like sex without procreation in mind.
How dare you enjoy it.
Last edited by mbig; 10-10-11 at 09:02 PM.
I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
What I want to know is, what about marijuana makes it a substance that should be illegal, vs, say, alcohol?
Legalize it, Tax it, regulate it in a hybrid form of our current liquor and cigerette laws, and end this stupid thing.
My opponent is a liar, and he can not be trusted
This election began like a car wreck; a bad thing, but I couldn't help but look away. It's now more like a beheading video; a sickening display where I can't hit the red X fast enough.
What you see happening in Colorado and California is about the best you can hope for. Legalize medical marijuana, get a license to sell and pretty soon you're operating with a wink and a nod until someone decides to go all law and order on you for whatever reason.