Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 220

Thread: Owners of Zuccotti Park Say Conditions Unsanitary From Wall Street Protests

  1. #81
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,805
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Owners of Zuccotti Park Say Conditions Unsanitary From Wall Street Protests

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    That is total B.S. This reminds me of how everyone on the TeaParty Train in threads were defending their hate signs and saying it was just a small few doing those things and blah, blah, blah. Funny how it is fine for the TeaParty to do anything but not these folks. Pot and kettle and all that mess.
    When the Tea Party protesters are being arrested en masse like these folks, get back to me. Until then, you're spinning everything as usual and ignoring the facts.

  2. #82
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,096

    Re: Owners of Zuccotti Park Say Conditions Unsanitary From Wall Street Protests

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Akston View Post
    When the Tea Party protesters are being arrested en masse like these folks, get back to me. Until then, you're spinning everything as usual and ignoring the facts.
    And you are just embracing authoritarianism and jumping to conclusions that the arrests are warranted long before any investigation or trial and whatnot. All from a guy who has an avatar that says "Don't tread on me". The irony is fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  3. #83
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,805
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Owners of Zuccotti Park Say Conditions Unsanitary From Wall Street Protests

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    And you are just embracing authoritarianism and jumping to conclusions that the arrests are warranted long before any investigation or trial and whatnot. All from a guy who has an avatar that says "Don't tread on me". The irony is fantastic.
    Have you seen the videos? If so, you couldn't be more dishonest...

  4. #84
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,096

    Re: Owners of Zuccotti Park Say Conditions Unsanitary From Wall Street Protests

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Akston View Post
    Have you seen the videos? If so, you couldn't be more dishonest...
    Yes. And without the right-wing spin on it too. Like how the police set up nets to cordon off advancing protesters who abided then pepper sprayed them. How dare they put their faces in the way of that innocent police spray.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  5. #85
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,805
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Owners of Zuccotti Park Say Conditions Unsanitary From Wall Street Protests

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Yes. And without the right-wing spin on it too. Like how the police set up nets to cordon off advancing protesters who abided then pepper sprayed them. How dare they put their faces in the way of that innocent police spray.
    I'm not justifying every act by the police, nor am I justifying that every arrest was warranted, but do you see this stuff at Tea Party protests or do you see this stuff at "I hate America" protests like this one?

  6. #86
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,126

    Re: Owners of Zuccotti Park Say Conditions Unsanitary From Wall Street Protests

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Akston View Post
    Are there Tea Party groups like the Tea Party Express and Tea Party Patriots who are funded by corporations? Of course there are, but the movement is not funded by anything other than average every day people who support the goal of the movement itself. Maybe you could do some research on the beginnings of the Tea Party before spouting off half-truths and innuendo? Even wikipedia pretty much shoots down your theory - Tea Party movement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Maybe you should look into a "grassroots" movement called "Citizens for a Sound Economy" that existed from 1984 to 1993. I would say that it is easily the predecessor to the modern Tea Party movement. I recognize that you feel obligated to the protect the image of the Tea Party movement as some sort group of "average every day people" but that is a lie. You can tell it to yourself and other people all you want, but it doesn't change the reality. The Tea Party is funded by the Koch brothers and it exists for the sole purpose of serving the interests of the Koch Brothers; namely attacking environmental regulation, reducing corporate taxation, and eliminating social services. You are nothing but a tool used by a couple oil barons. Sorry if that doesn't make you feel all warm and fuzzy, but its the truth.

    Now why can't ya be a man about it and just admit that the tenets of the Tea Party do not conflict with being a corporately funded movement?
    Last edited by CriticalThought; 10-10-11 at 03:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  7. #87
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,096

    Re: Owners of Zuccotti Park Say Conditions Unsanitary From Wall Street Protests

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Akston View Post
    I'm not justifying every act by the police, nor am I justifying that every arrest was warranted, but do you see this stuff at Tea Party protests or do you see this stuff at "I hate America" protests like this one?
    Tea party is conservatives. modern conservatives love authority not to mention that what threat does a police officer see in a 70+ year old riding a rascal scooter vs the youth? I'll concede that this movement is much younger and youth has their silliness about pushing boundaries but I've yet to see mass arrests that made any sense other than "you didn't have a permit to declare a free speech zone for you to stand in." I kind of dismiss those kinds of arrests as too stupid to hold against someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Owners of Zuccotti Park Say Conditions Unsanitary From Wall Street Protests

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Maybe you should look into a "grassroots" movement called "Citizens for a Sound Economy" that existed from 1984 to 1993. I would say that it is easily the predecessor to the modern Tea Party movement. I recognize that you feel obligated to the protect the image of the Tea Party movement as some sort group of "average every day people" but that is a lie. You can tell it to yourself and other people all you want, but it doesn't change the reality. The Tea Party is funded by the Koch brothers and it exists for the sole purpose of serving the interests of the Koch Brothers; namely attacking environmental regulation, reducing corporate taxation, and eliminating social services. You are nothing but a tool used by a oil barons. Sorry if that doesn't make you feel all warm and fuzzy, but its the truth.

    Now why can't ya be a man about it and just admit that the tenets of the Tea Party do not conflict with being a corporately funded movement?
    I don't think you and the truth are very close friends.

  9. #89
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,126

    Re: Owners of Zuccotti Park Say Conditions Unsanitary From Wall Street Protests

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    I don't think you and the truth are very close friends.
    And you base this on your completely unsubstantiated and ill informed assumptions I presume?

    I'll bet you don't know crap about the Koch brothers or how they have ran their business the last 4 decades. In fact, I will bet your words are simply an emotional reaction because you are too lazy to actually look into my arguments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Owners of Zuccotti Park Say Conditions Unsanitary From Wall Street Protests

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    And you base this on your completely unsubstantiated and ill informed assumptions I presume?
    When in Rome.....

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •