Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 220

Thread: Owners of Zuccotti Park Say Conditions Unsanitary From Wall Street Protests

  1. #31
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Owners of Zuccotti Park Say Conditions Unsanitary From Wall Street Protests

    Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    Stupid hippies.
    They're not all Doctors and Lawyers, and they're not all hippies either. However, in the videos both from OWS and others --- I tend to see less professional people than say blue collar workers, students, or yes... hippies.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  2. #32
    Unnecessary Middleman Bardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    10-27-11 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    605

    Re: Owners of Zuccotti Park Say Conditions Unsanitary From Wall Street Protests

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    They're not all Doctors and Lawyers, and they're not all hippies either. However, in the videos both from OWS and others --- I tend to see less professional people than say blue collar workers, students, or yes... hippies.
    Whats wrong with that?

    Blue collar workers and students are automatically brainless?
    "It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this." Bertrand Russell

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Owners of Zuccotti Park Say Conditions Unsanitary From Wall Street Protests

    Quote Originally Posted by conservativeguy View Post
    I was at the 9-12-09 and the 9-12-2010 Tea Party rallies in DC. Hundreds of thousands gathered for day long marches to protest BO and his policies. At the end of each event, I, along with hundreds of other folks, policed the park to clean up the little debris we found around the Capital. As the last marchers left the Mall, the grounds were spotless. Now compare that to the filth and garbage piling up around the stinky morons in NYC. The Tea Party movement embraces individual responsibility and accountability while the NYC twerps are preaching collectivism and entitlements......its no wonder the NYC fools are wallowing in their own crap, they are waiting for someone else to clean up their trash.
    We all respect the nations Capital.

    But who give two craps about wall street. They can afford maid service.

    Boo-hoo... protests are smelly.

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Owners of Zuccotti Park Say Conditions Unsanitary From Wall Street Protests

    I think we should get away from trying to define these people and being this or that, because in the end it doesn't matter where they come from or what they do, no good analyst or respectable person should make their opinion about this group based on a few members.

    Why not we take a look at the message?

  5. #35
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,453
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Owners of Zuccotti Park Say Conditions Unsanitary From Wall Street Protests

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Interesting... I hope this isn't the standard of protester. The good news, he's off drugs now.





    Can't comment on the LSD or any drugs being prominent.... but as with any large mass of people for an extended period of time (week or more) unsanitary conditions will eventually take over and people are going to start getting sick. Now that cold weather in NY is coming, that's only going to be more prominent.












    It doesn't sound as rosie as some want to make it seem. I did find without much issue on YouTube (searched for Occupy Wall Street) that there are some negative views apparently.
    So two INDIVIDUALS (akin to knuckleheads at Tea Party events that don't represent the group as a whole).

    Some dancing hippies and some kind of altercation with the police, without context as to what was actually going on.

    Seems like some of the cops were being dicks and some being perfectly reasonable.(kinda like the protesters).

    Interesting, but not enough to draw any conclusions.

    Bear in mind there's a lot of unemployed actors in NY, and a whole lotta folks with a whole lotta money that would LOVE to make the protesters look bad. Not saying they ARE, but they certainly have the means motive and opportunity.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  6. #36
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Owners of Zuccotti Park Say Conditions Unsanitary From Wall Street Protests

    Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    Whats wrong with that?
    What's wrong with what?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    Blue collar workers and students are automatically brainless?
    Uhh... no. Where did I say that?

    At the point of being repetitive (and since you apparently didn't get my statement the first time) I'll post exactly what I said prior to this post:


    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham
    They're not all Doctors and Lawyers, and they're not all hippies either. However, in the videos both from OWS and others --- I tend to see less professional people than say blue collar workers, students, or yes... hippies.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #37
    Unnecessary Middleman Bardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    10-27-11 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    605

    Re: Owners of Zuccotti Park Say Conditions Unsanitary From Wall Street Protests

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    What's wrong with what?

    Uhh... no. Where did I say that?

    At the point of being repetitive (and since you apparently didn't get my statement the first time) I'll post exactly what I said prior to this post:
    I had you mixed up with Conservativeguy. You all look the same to me. :P
    "It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this." Bertrand Russell

  8. #38
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Owners of Zuccotti Park Say Conditions Unsanitary From Wall Street Protests

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    So two INDIVIDUALS (akin to knuckleheads at Tea Party events that don't represent the group as a whole).

    Some dancing hippies and some kind of altercation with the police, without context as to what was actually going on.
    What context do I need exactly? I don't know what your point is... these are snapshots in time that simply show it's not all neat and proper as some are maybe claiming. With all masses of people, there are all kinds from all walks of life.

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    Seems like some of the cops were being dicks and some being perfectly reasonable.(kinda like the protesters).
    Really? How can you tell when you claimed just before you needed "context". Don't you need the same context to make a comment about the Cops who were being "dicks"?

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    Bear in mind there's a lot of unemployed actors in NY, and a whole lotta folks with a whole lotta money that would LOVE to make the protesters look bad. Not saying they ARE, but they certainly have the means motive and opportunity.
    I'm sure that's true nationwide... and also, possibly, just as many who who have just as much money who are trying to make the protestors look good.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  9. #39
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Owners of Zuccotti Park Say Conditions Unsanitary From Wall Street Protests

    Quote Originally Posted by conservativeguy View Post
    The squatters in NYC are literally proving "socialism stinks".
    Did you notice that squatter leaning against the police cruiser?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #40
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Owners of Zuccotti Park Say Conditions Unsanitary From Wall Street Protests

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Did you notice that squatter leaning against the police cruiser?
    He may have just had a trouser malfunction...
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •