Page 8 of 70 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 694

Thread: Labor Unions Join Wall Street Occupiers for "Mass Rally'

  1. #71
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,158

    Re: Labor Unions Join Wall Street Occupiers for "Mass Rally'

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    This thread isn't about the tea party. But if you want to go there, here's a pretty significant fallacy in your argument: The tea party actually succeeded in electing new members to the legislature in hopes of creating the change they wanted to see. Whether you agree with their premise or not, their movement extended beyond misdirected sit-ins.
    that was also 2 years after they were created. They started off as people standing around in tri-cornered hats yelling about taxes.

  2. #72
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Labor Unions Join Wall Street Occupiers for "Mass Rally'

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    This thread isn't about the tea party. But if you want to go there, here's a pretty significant fallacy in your argument: The tea party actually succeeded in electing new members to the legislature in hopes of creating the change they wanted to see. Whether you agree with their premise or not, their movement extended beyond misdirected sit-ins.
    Ahh, you did see what I did there, you just did not carry it to it's conclusion. What the Tea Party did first was rally. This got them national attention. They used that to press their agenda. What these folks are doing is rallying, getting national attention. Not only where my comments exactly on topic(nice try though), but I actually showed the logical flaw in your argument, not the other way around...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #73
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,136

    Re: Labor Unions Join Wall Street Occupiers for "Mass Rally'

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    I'm expecting nothing to come out of this unless they decide to direct their anger and protests towards the actual cause of the "problem" they see.
    the answer is nine (9) years for Rosa Park's actions to bear fruit

    and you expect a change in days from operation occupy

    your expectations are too unrealistic
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  4. #74
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Labor Unions Join Wall Street Occupiers for "Mass Rally'

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    that was also 2 years after they were created. They started off as people standing around in tri-cornered hats yelling about taxes.
    Sure, some of them did. But not even a large minority went in for the whole costume thing.

    When the rallies started the target was government. From the very beginning, the TPers wanted government to change. So they held protests at government buildings, rallied in D.C., went after their senators and representatives. This group is sitting in a square in NYC screaming about how unjust life is because of Wall St. If they wanted to bring about change they'd go after the root of the problem.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  5. #75
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Labor Unions Join Wall Street Occupiers for "Mass Rally'

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    the answer is nine (9) years for Rosa Park's actions to bear fruit

    and you expect a change in days from operation occupy

    your expectations are too unrealistic
    No, I expect no change from "Operation Occupy". I thought I made that clear.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  6. #76
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,422
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Labor Unions Join Wall Street Occupiers for "Mass Rally'

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    Okay, let's just use the bus comparison. Blacks decided through the Rosa Parks incident that being relegated to the back was unfair. So they went after the people who create the policy and hit 'em where it hurts by boycotting the busing system. Effective means of protest.

    People decide Wall St. is the problem (the problem, apparently, being that govt. bailouts focused on Wall St. and not on "Main St."). They go to Wall St. and sit around shouting for 3 weeks, while Wall St. continues to function as it always has. Pretty ineffective means of protest and, I would add, largely misdirected. Even if Wall St. is pulling the strings, the government is still the ones drafting, voting for, and authorizing the laws and financial distribution that led to this situation.
    I think how the media and politicians have responded indicates more fear of it being effective than you think.

    First it was ignored, now its being ridiculed.

    If the old saying is valid attacking will be next. Followed by acceptance and wondering why it wasnt always obvious.

    At this rate we could have constructive change by Christmas.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  7. #77
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Labor Unions Join Wall Street Occupiers for "Mass Rally'

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    Sure, some of them did. But not even a large minority went in for the whole costume thing.

    When the rallies started the target was government. From the very beginning, the TPers wanted government to change. So they held protests at government buildings, rallied in D.C., went after their senators and representatives. This group is sitting in a square in NYC screaming about how unjust life is because of Wall St. If they wanted to bring about change they'd go after the root of the problem.
    Actually ,what they did at the very beginning was rally in any and every city they could, wearing every ridiculous outfit they could so they could get on TV. Your double standard is showing.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Last Seen
    03-07-12 @ 03:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,692

    Re: Labor Unions Join Wall Street Occupiers for "Mass Rally'

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's more like: the Democrats know they're going to have a hard enough time getting re-elected, without hitching their wagon to these teams of socialist clowns.
    That's a change of tune. I thought that the protesters were a bunch of liberals? Funny how these "liberals" are in full protest in a liberal city, under a Democratic President.

    It should be obvious to you by now that these partisan games are not applicable anymore. People are fed up and the movement is spreading. If conservatives don't want to get on board because they don't want to be seen with their political rivals, then oh well. What they're protesting about applies to all of us anyway.

  9. #79
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,422
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Labor Unions Join Wall Street Occupiers for "Mass Rally'

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    Sure, some of them did. But not even a large minority went in for the whole costume thing.

    When the rallies started the target was government. From the very beginning, the TPers wanted government to change. So they held protests at government buildings, rallied in D.C., went after their senators and representatives. This group is sitting in a square in NYC screaming about how unjust life is because of Wall St. If they wanted to bring about change they'd go after the root of the problem.
    I think they are.

    If the customer service rep on the phone can't help you, its time to go after their boss.

    The government hasn't done anything to punish those responsible for the crisis. So now they're going after their sponsors.

    Which will hopefully make it clear who our govt is actually working for.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  10. #80
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,377

    Re: Labor Unions Join Wall Street Occupiers for "Mass Rally'

    Quote Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
    That's a change of tune. I thought that the protesters were a bunch of liberals? Funny how these "liberals" are in full protest in a liberal city, under a Democratic President.
    "Liberals", "Socialist Clowns"...same difference.

    It should be obvious to you by now that these partisan games are not applicable anymore. People are fed up and the movement is spreading. If conservatives don't want to get on board because they don't want to be seen with their political rivals, then oh well. What they're protesting about applies to all of us anyway.
    You're right, the people are fed up. Where were you during the mid-term elections? Did you see how that turned out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 8 of 70 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •