Page 33 of 70 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 694

Thread: Labor Unions Join Wall Street Occupiers for "Mass Rally'

  1. #321
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,067

    Re: Labor Unions Join Wall Street Occupiers for "Mass Rally'

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    It is just another way to meet babes...what could be better? Drugs, sex, and smashing things in the name of, uh, oh, hmmm. Well not really in the name of anything.
    http://www.southparkstudios.com/clip...it-all-hippies

  2. #322
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,067

    Re: Labor Unions Join Wall Street Occupiers for "Mass Rally'

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    It is but one component. It is certainly important, but its not the only thing that is important.
    that, of course, is correct. as John Adams pointed out: "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."

    once we begin to lose our moral sense, our sense of self-responsibility, our unwillingness to take from others, well, as Thomas Jefferson said: "To take from one because it is thought that his own industry and that of his father’s has acquired too much, in order to spare to others, who, or whose fathers, have not exercised equal industry and skill, is to violate arbitrarily the first principle of association—the guarantee to every one of a free exercise of his industry and the fruits acquired by it... I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

    once we lose that sense, then our representative government becomes a death-trap; for a representative government will hardly be better than it's people.

  3. #323
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,416
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Labor Unions Join Wall Street Occupiers for "Mass Rally'

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    interesting. that's what makes this country great? not... you know... the Constitution, limited government, popular sovereignty, the sovereign indivisible rights of man..... but dependency on big government? that's what has made us great? why is Europe risking collapsing into chaos, then, instead of beating our pants off at every turn?
    Global repercussions of financial shenanigans on Wall St.?
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  4. #324
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,067

    Re: Labor Unions Join Wall Street Occupiers for "Mass Rally'

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    that's correct - they are currently camping out in the street somewhere.

    so let's see if we have this right:

    thus far, you have accused me of making stuff up, so I cited NPR. then you offered that i could be lying, but it was linked. Then you argued that we were linking right wing sites to give off left-wing talking points, so maybe those sites were making things up. Then it turned out that the site linked was a left wing site which had put up the Statement of Facts because they were excited about and supported the OWS protests...

    your continued attempts to deny that they released this are getting bizzare. as it is precisely the kind of mumbo-jumbo that you'd expect out of these crowds, i'll admit I'm confused as to why you persist.
    Worth noting Redress: they've now put out a paper, which includes the exact bit that I posted for you.


    or, perhaps, the Occupy Wall Street movement is just a right wing smear machine trying to mislead the public about the Occupy Wall Street movement

  5. #325
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,067

    Re: Labor Unions Join Wall Street Occupiers for "Mass Rally'

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    Global repercussions of financial shenanigans on Wall St.?
    yeah, i'm sure that global repercussions from our mortgage bubble is what caused the Greeks to spend not only their future, but their kids' futures giving themselves 14 months worth of pay a year, and retiring in their 50's after going to school into their late 20's.

  6. #326
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,416
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Labor Unions Join Wall Street Occupiers for "Mass Rally'

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    yeah, i'm sure that global repercussions from our mortgage bubble is what caused the Greeks to spend not only their future, but their kids' futures giving themselves 14 months worth of pay a year, and retiring in their 50's after going to school into their late 20's.
    Oh indeed, but wasn't it OUR recession that tipped the dominos over?
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  7. #327
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,067

    Re: Labor Unions Join Wall Street Occupiers for "Mass Rally'

    bluntly put - no. that's like arguing which piece of coal caused the train to go over the cliff.

    irrespective - the question stands. if big government were the answer, than we would be in much worse shape than Europe, as they would have been stronger than us the past couple of decades, and would have weathered the recession much easier. instead, we have steadily pulled away from them the past few decades, and several european nations seem to be getting close to fiscal collapse.

  8. #328
    User alexxouellette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Moving back and forth at the speed of light
    Last Seen
    11-01-11 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    72

    Re: Labor Unions Join Wall Street Occupiers for "Mass Rally'

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Ignoring of course the reality that a great number of people in this country have in no way been 'left out' of ****, do quite well for themselves and their families, and are more focused in life on how to continue to succeed than run around blaming everyone else for their own failings.
    80 percent of the country possess 7 percent of the wealth. Your right that top 20 percent are doing pretty great. Who cares about the other 80 percent of the country?

  9. #329
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,067

    Re: Labor Unions Join Wall Street Occupiers for "Mass Rally'

    Quote Originally Posted by RStringfield View Post
    Why are Republicans rushing to defend the beneficiaries of big government? Why are the Republicans rushing to defend those who have been insulated from their failures in the market?
    I think you have republicans confused with Obama's Treasury and Green Jobs Departments, respectively

    mind you it's all a crock. these people aren't upset because the corporations got bailed out. they are upset because they think that their bail-out wasn't big enough.

    The typical Republican response to this protest demonstrates that they do not understand the nature of big government or free markets.
    on the contrary, the typical Republican response to this protest is that these people are self-centered fools; which by and large, they seem to be.

  10. #330
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,067

    Re: Labor Unions Join Wall Street Occupiers for "Mass Rally'

    Quote Originally Posted by alexxouellette View Post
    80 percent of the country possess 7 percent of the wealth. Your right that top 20 percent are doing pretty great. Who cares about the other 80 percent of the country?
    conservatives do. that's why we want the government to stop hurting job growth and sapping their free spirit.

Page 33 of 70 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •