Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 82

Thread: ATF Fast and Furious: New documents show Attorney General Eric Holder was briefed in

  1. #51
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: ATF Fast and Furious: New documents show Attorney General Eric Holder was briefed

    Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    Why limit it to Eric Holder? Obama admitted he knew aboout it, already.
    I believe it's limited to Holder because he was the one who gave testimony to Congress which turned out to either be a lie, or if not a lie, showed his complete incompetence. I don't believe the President has made a statement under oath about it yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    Honestly, any discussion about reforms and truth and justice in the USA is a farce anymore. I mean, that Meredith chick in Italy went shopping after her roomie was dead, and they just bribed their way out of it. She's as guilty as O.J.
    Is she? So you're saying the Italian justice system reflects badly on the U.S. justice system which cannot be reformed because of an (alleged) bribery (of which there's no real evidence) which took place in Italy, over a murder case in Italy, which you claim there's no doubt of guilt - and you know better than everyone else involved for the past 4 years.

    Okay then.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mecca
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,426

    Re: ATF Fast and Furious: New documents show Attorney General Eric Holder was briefed

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Honestly, I don't know what federal perjury statutes look like. Most state perjury laws require that the lie be about a material fact. Then you have to go on to prove that it was an actual lie, not a mistake or something. I'm not standing up for Holder, here. This was a horribly bad plan and really should probably end his career as AG, but just as I'm annoyed when folks claim Bush and Cheney belong in prison () simply because these folks didn't like them, I'm also not willing to say Holder belongs in jail.
    I have to agree with you there. Look at his exact wording.

    On May 3, 2011, Holder told a Judiciary Committee hearing, "I'm not sure of the exact date, but I probably heard about Fast and Furious for the first time over the last few weeks."

    Yet internal Justice Department documents show that at least ten months before that hearing, Holder began receiving frequent memos discussing Fast and Furious.
    He used weasle words,"I'm not sure" and "probably" to dodge the question. He was being very careful about how he said that so I don't think a perjury charge would stick.

    I'm certainly not a fan of using the criminal justice system for political witch hunts. That's what they did to Scooter Libby and now I think people on the other side of the aisle are simply looking for revenge.

  3. #53
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: ATF Fast and Furious: New documents show Attorney General Eric Holder was briefed

    Holder need to do time for his part in this and lying to Congress.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: ATF Fast and Furious: New documents show Attorney General Eric Holder was briefed

    Quote Originally Posted by nijato View Post
    I'm sure they would and currently do... but it's a much smaller market. As long as there are illegal substances, there will be people that illegaly traffic them.
    Pot was once a smaller market. Do we really want to force the cartels into harder drugs?

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: ATF Fast and Furious: New documents show Attorney General Eric Holder was briefed

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I think we have to ask ourselves why any reasonable person would inject heroin into their system in the first place? Peer pressure? Depression? Is it cool? It has to be emphasized that it is not cool, but instead very stupid. Maybe a drug version of Scared Straight at the schools.

    But whatever the new answers might be, we can be sure that the old ones aren't working.
    Sure, I just believe we need to have the discussion of what happens after.........

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: ATF Fast and Furious: New documents show Attorney General Eric Holder was briefed

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    I'm certainly not a fan of using the criminal justice system for political witch hunts. That's what they did to Scooter Libby and now I think people on the other side of the aisle are simply looking for revenge.
    He just needs to do the right thing and step down......I'd leave it at that.

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: ATF Fast and Furious: New documents show Attorney General Eric Holder was briefed

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    I have to agree with you there. Look at his exact wording.

    He used weasle words,"I'm not sure" and "probably" to dodge the question. He was being very careful about how he said that so I don't think a perjury charge would stick.

    I'm certainly not a fan of using the criminal justice system for political witch hunts. That's what they did to Scooter Libby and now I think people on the other side of the aisle are simply looking for revenge.
    Holder knew what the questions would be so it was easy enough to look back on his records in order that he didn't have to use "I'm not sure" and "probably". He would have been briefed completely.

    He is lying and should resign, at a minimum.

  8. #58
    Advisor nijato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Charm City, USA
    Last Seen
    01-19-12 @ 03:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    417
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    Pot was once a smaller market. Do we really want to force the cartels into harder drugs?
    There will never be as many people on hard drugs as pot... I've known many a pothead that can hold down a job and be at least a semiproductive member of civil society. I've never seen heroin or cocaine addiction lead to anything but complete ruin. The demand for hard drugs will never be anything like the demand for pot, even if they sold it all at 7-11s.
    "A witty saying proves nothing." Voltaire

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: ATF Fast and Furious: New documents show Attorney General Eric Holder was briefed

    Quote Originally Posted by nijato View Post
    There will never be as many people on hard drugs as pot... I've known many a pothead that can hold down a job and be at least a semiproductive member of civil society. I've never seen heroin or cocaine addiction lead to anything but complete ruin. The demand for hard drugs will never be anything like the demand for pot, even if they sold it all at 7-11s.
    It most certainly will increase if the cartels are forced into making it their profit centers.

  10. #60
    Professor
    Kane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    09-09-13 @ 09:13 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,661

    Re: ATF Fast and Furious: New documents show Attorney General Eric Holder was briefed

    Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    I question the motives of the U.S. "sting operation".

    Rather than trying to aid in capturing the cartels, I would bet that the government is secretly trying to control/profit from the drug running like in the Barry Seal/Contra/Air America/Panama scandals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    I believe it's limited to Holder because he was the one who gave testimony to Congress which turned out to either be a lie, or if not a lie, showed his complete incompetence. I don't believe the President has made a statement under oath about it yet.

    Is she? So you're saying the Italian justice system reflects badly on the U.S. justice system which cannot be reformed because of an (alleged) bribery (of which there's no real evidence) which took place in Italy, over a murder case in Italy, which you claim there's no doubt of guilt - and you know better than everyone else involved for the past 4 years.

    Okay then.
    The TV is saying rich donors were funding the chicks legal bills, not BRIBERY in the literal but figuratively.

    Donald Trump was mentioned on Headline News last night, a horrid source of info, I admit. Its still gaming the system, like the NASA chick who plotted to kill and drove in diapers across the country, she got off too, to save the govmnt embarrassment. Are you telling me, that this ATF story is not driven by coverups and PR spin since CBS News first uncovered it?

    The mainstream media including the Wa Ho Po are renaming it into a Hollywood movie, lying about WH involvement, etc. Its called the Gunwalker Scandal!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •