Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 274

Thread: Perry once defended Confederate symbols

  1. #261
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,894
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Perry once defended Confederate symbols

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    following the logic of some in this thread, it should be okee dokee for German & Austrian politicians to wave the Nazi flag above their homes and govt. offices.

    why? becuase Nazism simply represented the culmination of centuries of German nationalism.
    Talk about an apples and llamas comparison.
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  2. #262
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Perry once defended Confederate symbols

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    Talk about an apples and llamas comparison.
    the Stars & bars + the Confederacy.

    the Nazi flag + the Third Reich.

    the comparison seems accurate to me.

  3. #263
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Perry once defended Confederate symbols

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    following the logic of some in this thread, it should be okee dokee for German & Austrian politicians to wave the Nazi flag above their homes and govt. offices.

    why? becuase Nazism simply represented the culmination of centuries of German nationalism.
    Yet, the Left has no problem with Communists, who murdered 10 times more people than the Nazis ever dreamed of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #264
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Perry once defended Confederate symbols

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yet, the Left has no problem with Communists, who murdered 10 times more people than the Nazis ever dreamed of.
    I am a Social-Democrat and hate Communists and the USSR.

  5. #265
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Perry once defended Confederate symbols

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    the Stars & bars + the Confederacy.

    the Nazi flag + the Third Reich.

    the comparison seems accurate to me.
    The Stars and Stripes = 90 years of slavery.

    The Stars and Bars = 4 years of slavery.

    Wanna keep up with the silly comparisons?

    Correction: 230 years of slavery. Most blacks still live on the Libbo Plantation.
    Last edited by apdst; 10-13-11 at 12:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #266
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Perry once defended Confederate symbols

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I am a Social-Democrat and hate Communists and the USSR.
    Right!.......................
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #267
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Perry once defended Confederate symbols

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Right!.......................
    The Communists killed my great-uncle. They also finished much of the work against my people that the Nazis started, along with assisting the Nazis' persecution of the Jews. So of course I hate them.

    Are you calling me a liar?
    Last edited by Thunder; 10-13-11 at 12:54 PM.

  8. #268
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Perry once defended Confederate symbols

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    following the logic of some in this thread, it should be okee dokee for German & Austrian politicians to wave the Nazi flag above their homes and govt. offices.

    why? becuase Nazism simply represented the culmination of centuries of German nationalism.
    Nah, they're just celebrating their "traditions" because everyone knows there's nothing political about a flag
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #269
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Perry once defended Confederate symbols

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    Talk about an apples and llamas comparison.
    Because flags and flags are like apples and oranges
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #270
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Perry once defended Confederate symbols

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Nah, they're just celebrating their "traditions" because everyone knows there's nothing political about a flag
    yeah, waving a flag is not a political statement in any shape or form.


Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •