Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 53

Thread: Amanda Knox wins Meredith Kercher murder appeal

  1. #31
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Amanda Knox wins Meredith Kercher murder appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    Pete's "issue" is that she is an American. That's pretty much enough for him.
    You are wrong. My issue is not with her being American, but the American media that are biased and were able to first sink her case (so she got convicted) and the change that conviction... I am more and more a firm believer that the media have no business in the justice system, especially on such cases. The facts should speak for themselves not what some media pundit from random tv station in the US or Italy is able to influence the jury with.
    PeteEU

  2. #32
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Amanda Knox wins Meredith Kercher murder appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    You are wrong. My issue is not with her being American, but the American media that are biased and were able to first sink her case (so she got convicted) and the change that conviction... I am more and more a firm believer that the media have no business in the justice system, especially on such cases. The facts should speak for themselves not what some media pundit from random tv station in the US or Italy is able to influence the jury with.
    Wait...the American media first got her convicted, and then got the conviction overturned? Seriously? Our f'd up media has that much sway over the Italian court system? Are you sure you aren't just imagining this?

    I mean, in the end the facts did speak for themselves. The facts were that the prosecution had not the evidence to demonstrate that she had committed the crimes.
    Last edited by Ikari; 10-04-11 at 06:18 PM.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #33
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Amanda Knox wins Meredith Kercher murder appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    The real sad thing is that the Kercher family still dont know who killed their daughter 4 years ago.
    People keep saying this, but the guy whose bloody hand print was next to their daughter and whose DNA was inside of her is in jail for 16 years. I think it's pretty obvious from my perspective who did it.

    That said, Knox has always seemed a bit creepy to me, but she could just be a creepy, awkward person.
    Last edited by ThePlayDrive; 10-04-11 at 06:22 PM.

  4. #34
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Amanda Knox wins Meredith Kercher murder appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Yes...secret government courts; there's the answer.
    No. Are you saying the British legal system are "secret government courts"? In cases such as this, the judge can put on a gag order..and it is very effective and provides security for the accused not to be railroaded by media friendly prosecutors looking for someone to blame.

    Yes I do believe that Knox was singled out by the prosecution not only by the evidence but also because of her nationality and looks.. the case was just as much a media trial as it was a real trial. Had the media been barred from reporting the facts, and from the court rooms, then not only would the prosecutor not be able to use her nationality in a publicity grab, but also the jury would not have been influenced by the media as they clearly were in the first trial. Look at her boyfriend.. he was hardly touched by the media.. it was Foxy Knoxy and all that bull crap. He even got a LESSER sentence than her for **** sake lol.
    PeteEU

  5. #35
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Amanda Knox wins Meredith Kercher murder appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    You are wrong. My issue is not with her being American, but the American media that are biased and were able to first sink her case (so she got convicted) and the change that conviction... I am more and more a firm believer that the media have no business in the justice system, especially on such cases. The facts should speak for themselves not what some media pundit from random tv station in the US or Italy is able to influence the jury with.
    The American media is definitely biased and I agree that the media played a part in this case since the jurors weren't sequestered. However, it was the Italian media that was negative towards Knox during the first case, not the American media, so the Italian media, if anything, would have been the influence in the first case, not the American media.

  6. #36
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Amanda Knox wins Meredith Kercher murder appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    No. Are you saying the British legal system are "secret government courts"?
    Is the media completely banned from observing, recording, reporting, etc.? If so, then yes it is.

    We can do gag orders too, but I'll never support throwing the media out of the trial. There must be oversight to ensure the government is not abusing its power.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #37
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Amanda Knox wins Meredith Kercher murder appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    People keep saying this, but the guy whose bloody hand print was next to their daughter and whose DNA was inside of her is in jail for 16 years. I think it's pretty obvious from my perspective who did it.
    So... the evidence that was tainted and badly collected all of a sudden is great and all good when it comes to him? Cant have it both ways....
    PeteEU

  8. #38
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Amanda Knox wins Meredith Kercher murder appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Is the media completely banned from observing, recording, reporting, etc.? If so, then yes it is.

    We can do gag orders too, but I'll never support throwing the media out of the trial. There must be oversight to ensure the government is not abusing its power.
    Fat lot of good that does in the US....

    The media has all the right to investigate the case after the initial court ruling... you can appeal things you know... Knox knows.
    PeteEU

  9. #39
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Amanda Knox wins Meredith Kercher murder appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Fat lot of good that does in the US....

    The media has all the right to investigate the case after the initial court ruling... you can appeal things you know... Knox knows.
    Well in terms of the court system, it's been OK. The media itself has become a problem too, I'd personally like to go back to when a person could only own one media outlet. That was nice. But regardless, even a corrupt media is less damaging than a corrupt government. So if we have to err, I'd err on the side of the press over the government. Every time.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #40
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,723

    Re: Amanda Knox wins Meredith Kercher murder appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    And the person who is spreading this lie is a ****ing moron.

    Italy does NOT have double jeopardy.



    European Convention of Human Rights, Seventh Protocol, Article 4.

    Italy has ratified said protocol.

    What the prosecution can do is appeal the case to the highest court in Italy.
    give me 50 hours with some kid from a country that english is not her first language and I will have her confessing to killing Jack Kennedy.

    The original trial was a joke, the prosecutor was a joke, the forensics was a joke and there was no motive, no direct evidence, etc. Not enough to even INDICT in the USA



Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •