Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 53

Thread: Amanda Knox wins Meredith Kercher murder appeal

  1. #21
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: Amanda Knox wins Meredith Kercher murder appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Sig View Post
    Obviously, you are not too familiar with the case.
    Sure I am

    No breaks. Yes, some young people can be quite immature. That's why we call them young people.
    She was 20.. that is not young.

    As far as the "cleaning materials" evidence goes, it was bunk.

    "When the store owner was first interviewed by the police, he did not mention Knox coming into his store to buy cleaning supplies. The shop's other worker testified that Knox never came into the store the morning of the murder."

    Amanda Knox Latest News: Lifetime movie full of mistakes, says CBS News producer - Crimesider - CBS News
    LOL really?

    Meredith Kercher murder: A new hole appears in Amanda Knox's alibi - Telegraph

    Sorry to burst your bubble.

    LOL yourself. You should know what you are talking about before you opine.
    Stop trying to find excuses for her, and stick to the evidence then.

    I don't care what you saw last night, or what is even being said right now. This case is dead. Even if there is an appeal, it is going nowhere.
    It is going to the Italian supreme court. So again you are wrong.

    How do you find the nerve to argue about an issue of which you know next to nothing?

    Try doing some research, FIRST, then attempt to argue. This way, you won't seem so annoyingly misinformed.
    Seems I know far more than you do...I aint the one linking movie reviews as evidence ...
    PeteEU

  2. #22
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: Amanda Knox wins Meredith Kercher murder appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Then prosecution should have easily been able to put her at the crime scene at the time of the crime. Could they? Beyond a reasonable doubt, was it done? To me the prosecution seemed to have conjecture, hearsay, supposition, and insult; but not much beyond that. That's not enough for murder conviction. Sorry. Maybe if she doesn't get out in time and Italy retries her, they can get another go at it. But they'll need better evidence.
    Actually Knox put herself at the crime scene before she changed her tune only to change it again. The only physical evidence in the apartment was that of the 4 persons involved.. there was nothing to link anyone else but the 3.

    Then you can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she was guilty, yes?
    We aint in America. Reasonable doubt is an American thing. But as I stated before, I am torn. The police bungling of the evidence collecting and the way she acted after the murders pulls me in both directions. She acted guilty, and some of the evidence is tainted.... based on that no, I would never convict personally, but I would maintain my suspicion... much like OJ Simpson.

    That Casey Anthony chick wasn't acting all grieving and was rather suspicious too. But we too had to let her go because we could not get the evidence to prove the crime. Evidence is necessary, not supposition.
    Depends on the court, wealth, colour of the skin and how sexy the person is. Like it or not that is the sad fact of American justice.

    Race card eh? Are you sure you're not just on one of your anti-American kicks?
    Hey I aint the one going around on these boards and others places saying that "the black guy did it".
    PeteEU

  3. #23
    Guru
    Ben K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Last Seen
    12-11-17 @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,717

    Re: Amanda Knox wins Meredith Kercher murder appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Actually Knox put herself at the crime scene before she changed her tune only to change it again. The only physical evidence in the apartment was that of the 4 persons involved.. there was nothing to link anyone else but the 3.
    Yes, the woman that lived there also, her boyfriend and the murderer.

    We aint in America. Reasonable doubt is an American thing. But as I stated before, I am torn. The police bungling of the evidence collecting and the way she acted after the murders pulls me in both directions. She acted guilty, and some of the evidence is tainted.... based on that no, I would never convict personally, but I would maintain my suspicion... much like OJ Simpson.
    If you wouldn't convict her, what's your issue?

    Depends on the court, wealth, colour of the skin and how sexy the person is. Like it or not that is the sad fact of American justice.
    Sure, and the wealth, colour and sexiness factor didn't play into Italian culture, their media and their judicial system?...have you ever watched Italian television, or lived in their culture?

    Hey I aint the one going around on these boards and others places saying that "the black guy did it".
    The black drug dealer

  4. #24
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Amanda Knox wins Meredith Kercher murder appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Are you really citing a newspaper article from two and a half years ago which has been thoroughly debunked on this forum and elsewhere many times?

    Stop trying to find excuses for her, and stick to the evidence then.
    You, sir, are behaving like a fool. If you would take your own advice and stick to the evidence, you might notice that there is NOTHING linking her to the crime scene. None of her blood at the crime scene which would be practically impossible in a brutal murder; no phone conversations that suggest she or Sollecito ever even MET Rudy Guede, much less plotted a murder with him; and nothing indicating she was even present in the apartment on the night of the murder. Sorry, "zomg cartwheels" doesn't cut it for evidence of a murder.

    Seems I know far more than you do...I aint the one linking movie reviews as evidence ...
    You clearly know absolutely NOTHING about the case if you are citing evidence that was debunked years ago, and claiming that it's "blaming the black guy" to point out that the one obviously guilty person in the case is guilty.
    Last edited by Kandahar; 10-04-11 at 06:10 PM.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  5. #25
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Amanda Knox wins Meredith Kercher murder appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Depends on the court, wealth, colour of the skin and how sexy the person is. Like it or not that is the sad fact of American justice.
    That seems to be the sad fact of YOUR idea of justice. You are the one who keeps bringing up the fact that she is an American. And you are the one who keeps playing the race card to exonerate Rudy Guede, who as far as I know has almost NO defenders outside of his own council because he's obviously guilty.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  6. #26
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Amanda Knox wins Meredith Kercher murder appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Actually Knox put herself at the crime scene before she changed her tune only to change it again. The only physical evidence in the apartment was that of the 4 persons involved.. there was nothing to link anyone else but the 3.
    So you're saying that you couldn't produce the evidence which would place her at the crime scene at the time of the crime? OK, but how the hell can you call for conviction without evidence?

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    We aint in America. Reasonable doubt is an American thing. But as I stated before, I am torn. The police bungling of the evidence collecting and the way she acted after the murders pulls me in both directions. She acted guilty, and some of the evidence is tainted.... based on that no, I would never convict personally, but I would maintain my suspicion... much like OJ Simpson.
    And OJ got away with it. Though it probably has more to do with the cop who said "nigger" than their bungling of the case. Regardless, everything is on the State. They must make the case, they must present the evidence, they must prove it. If they can't, then you can't realistically and within the confines of justice claim there should be a conviction. It must be demonstrated that the person committed the crime. The prosecution did not have that demonstration. They had hearsay, supposition, assumption, and name calling. That does not cut it for a conviction. Sorry. Any reasonable and logical society concerned over the concepts of justice would understan

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Depends on the court, wealth, colour of the skin and how sexy the person is. Like it or not that is the sad fact of American justice.
    There are problems with the American system. Wealth seemingly can buy you out of trouble, if you know the right people as well. I'd like that to be addressed. But are you sure that we're the only ones who suffer from this affliction? Seriously? I'd say you're either ignorant or biased if you do. Hell, I'd say it of the West in general, we have similar biases and preferences even if you don't want to admit it.

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Hey I aint the one going around on these boards and others places saying that "the black guy did it".
    As I said, more than race I think this may just be one of your anti-American rants.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #27
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,597
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Amanda Knox wins Meredith Kercher murder appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben K. View Post
    ...If you wouldn't convict her, what's your issue?...
    Pete's "issue" is that she is an American. That's pretty much enough for him.

  8. #28
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: Amanda Knox wins Meredith Kercher murder appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    She says she was not, and there was no evidence to suggest otherwise.
    Err she said she was.. then said she was not.. then said she was.. and then said she was not.. Plus she lived there, so chances are she was at some point during that day.

    This is not evidence of murder.
    Most murders are done by people the murdered knew.. just saying.

    False. There is absolutely no DNA evidence linking her to the crime scene.
    There is plenty of DNA evidence linking her to the crime scene.. she lived there after all. Now the evidence linking her to the crime is another matter. There is evidence but the defence has shown that the police screwed up. Now that does not mean she did not do it, just that the police were idiots.

    This is not evidence of murder.
    No but is of some sort of guilt...

    That's exactly what this is about. You don't like the United States, so you want to see an innocent person spend the rest of her life in prison. I imagine that this is what her original conviction stemmed from as well.
    No this about how the American media are biased when it comes down to one of their own and will do anything to make fun off and discredit outsiders to gain said persons freedom. Instead of sticking to the facts, the American media painted this woman as some sort of all American girl who was being pounded by the evil Italians. Now saying that the Italian media were no better in doing exactly the opposite. This case reminds me of the Lockerbie bomber case.. same bull**** US media bias over again.

    As for me not liking the US.. come on... what a load of bullcrap.

    False. The police made up the story about Lumumba being involved, and kept asking her if it was true. As far as I know this fact isn't even in dispute. After many hours of interrogation (during which she claims she was struck by a police officer) she told them what they wanted to hear. That's far different than her just accusing him out of the blue. And for that matter, even if she HAD accused him out of the blue, it would hardly suggest she was guilty of murder as opposed to merely under a lot of stress.
    And you base this on her account? American media reporting or? Or on court facts? Just asking..You do realize that she got convicted on this point.... are you saying that the very court that freed her also screwed up on this point?

    Which aspects of her story have changed? And why wouldn't they necessarily be the sign of an innocent person?
    LOL have you even followed the story? Her story changed constantly..as did his.. That is why many people are very suspicious of this woman.

    I don't think you understand the US court system very well if you believe that. Things like this would very rarely be accepted at all, and only in conjunction with lots of evidence linking her to the crime.
    Yea.. sure... that is why you dont have the innocents project, and that is why you did not just execute an very possibly innocent man... yea... sure..

    Oh how nice, you're willing to allow that "some sort" of physical evidence is necessary but demeanor is "very much" part of the case. Demeanor should, at most, account for maybe 5% of the evidence because it's nothing more than someone's subjective opinion of how people are "supposed" to behave following a murder.
    Demeanour and physical evidence go hand in hand along with many other things (history and so on). Her demeanour screamed guilt of some sort... the evidence also screamed guilt up to a point.. but the fact that the evidence was badly collected means she walks.. for now. Like it or not the only evidence in that apartment was that of the 4 persons involved.. it has to be one or all 3 of them that did the murder. Since none of them have any sort of alibi nor can get their stories straight, plus acted strangely.. then yes it is only the non corrupted physical evidence that is lacking to put the nail in the coffin so to say.

    There it is again, you hate Americans so you want an innocent person to go to prison for the rest of her life.
    No I dont hate American's.. I hate people who get away with murder. I can not be sure she did not do it, just as I can not be sure she did not... that is my issue with this case. It is O.J. Simpson 2.0.

    You have GOT to be kidding. You either don't know much about the facts of the case or you're so blinded by your hatred for the United States that you can't see anything else. Rudy Guede's DNA is all over the crime scene. He even left a deuce in Kercher's toilet the night the murder occurred, which the police found.
    Of course his DNA is all over the place.. he was most likely screwing both girls and was at the scene several times...

    Why is it you want to blame the black man automatically over the white girl and boy? You do realize that much of the evidence against Rudy Guede is also going down the tubes right?

    The sad fact is we will never know the truth because the police screwed up and the whole case turned into a media case with a USA vs Italy battle instead a battle over the truth... and in the end.. there is still a very dead British girl who has had no justice what so ever and that everyone has forgotten ... very little about the victim on the US news reports I have seen... and that is sad.

    End of story, this case pisses me off and makes me even more a believer of closed criminal courts where no media is allowed and there is a media gag until the court rules.
    PeteEU

  9. #29
    Guru
    Ben K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Last Seen
    12-11-17 @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,717

    Re: Amanda Knox wins Meredith Kercher murder appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    Pete's "issue" is that she is an American. That's pretty much enough for him.
    Apart from that horrible affliction of which she has no control over, that would mean condemning the poor Italian kid too...

  10. #30
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Amanda Knox wins Meredith Kercher murder appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    End of story, this case pisses me off and makes me even more a believer of closed criminal courts where no media is allowed and there is a media gag until the court rules.
    Yes...secret government courts; there's the answer.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •