Page 48 of 61 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 606

Thread: More than 700 arrested in Wall Street protest

  1. #471
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: More than 700 arrested in Wall Street protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Muslims are free to exercise their religion and build Mosques, and they are all over North America, while people are free to protest their location. Are you saying protests against the location of Mosques should be forbidden while other protests, such as the one near Wall street, continue?
    A dishonest straw man because GJ didn't question their right to protest; He merely pointed out their dishonest hypocrisy


    It's quite easy to denigrate the WSO because their message is inarticulate and so many of them have been arrested. I haven't heard of any Tea Party members being arrested, nor have they been violent. They seem to have left the places of protest cleaner than when they arrived while there is a great deal of filth around the leftists.
    The teabaggers, like the WSO protesters, had varying messages. Unlike the tea tantrums, none of the WSO's messages are racist.

    And plenty of teabaggers have been arrested and have been violent or made violent threats. And complaining about the non-existent "filth" is just another dishonest attempt to misportray them as "dirty hippies". The rightwingers dishonesty about WSO is motivated by their hatred.

    CEO's, for the most part, are not on the public payroll nor in unions that can shut down government services.
    More dishonesty. Unions are not shutting down govt services. They merely are witholding their labor, which is a human right. The wingnuts claim they are about protecting peoples' rights, but their desire to make people slaves betrays their lack of principles.



    You don't believe there is such a thing as job creators? And it would seem that the term 'death panel' is not far off the mark if everyone doesn't get the health care they need.
    Corporations are not job creators. It's the workers who create jobs. And "death panels" were another rightwing lie.

    You feel the WSO or BHO is 'pragmatic'?
    A dishonest attempt to equate WSO with the president


    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    So you don't know either, huh?
    More dishonesty
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #472
    Guru
    GhostlyJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,712

    Re: More than 700 arrested in Wall Street protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Muslims are free to exercise their religion and build Mosques, and they are all over North America, while people are free to protest their location. Are you saying protests against the location of Mosques should be forbidden while other protests, such as the one near Wall street, continue?
    I'm saying no such thing. My point is clear: Asinine behavior exists on both sides. Pretending otherwise is pure posturing.


    It's quite easy to denigrate the WSO because their message is inarticulate and so many of them have been arrested. I haven't heard of any Tea Party members being arrested, nor have they been violent. They seem to have left the places of protest cleaner than when they arrived while there is a great deal of filth around the leftists.
    Tea partiers have in fact been arrested in isolated incidents. One conviction in particular I can recall involved a threat to Rep. Buccieri. There were other instances of uncouth behavior, inane rants, offensive signage. You exaggerate the differences, noting that minor arrests are often a goal of protesters.
    CEO's, for the most part, are not on the public payroll nor in unions that can shut down government services.
    Public workers have negotiated contracts; strikes are uncommon.

    You don't believe there is such a thing as job creators? And it would seem that the term 'death panel' is not far off the mark if everyone doesn't get the health care they need.
    Of course there are job creators. But I also understand the use of rhetoric and crafted messages. Job creators is a strategic term meant to win sympathy.


    You feel the WSO or BHO is 'pragmatic'?
    Obama's been pragmatic in negotiations at times, more idealist in '08-'09 and again recently. He's clearly a calculating politician, so he's a pragmatist when it suits his needs.

    WSO is an idealist movement, as is the tea party.
    Last edited by GhostlyJoe; 10-11-11 at 05:11 AM.

  3. #473
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More than 700 arrested in Wall Street protest

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    "Try programs that give an unfair advantage to one group over another. Think corporate welfare. Think education that is better for some but not others, thus making economic opportunity less likely. Think getting most of the benefit, as the wealthy do, but finding ways to not paid that share of the tax burden.

    Does that help?"

    They are protesting wall street, but of the things you listed, wall street has legal control over....NONE of them. Unfair education, corporate welfare, etc. Pretty much all the things on the docket for protest, are legally controlled by NO ONE ON WALL STREET. They should be collecting money to have every one bus or fly to DC, instead of using it by themselves pizzas during their camp outs. If they did that, hell, I might even join them. I was active with the tea partiers before that one got hijacked, too. And make no mistake, this one WILL get hijacked. In the end, all movements sell out at some point, hoping for a few moral sacrifices to yield more recognition by having someone famous be their spokesperson. Like a politician.
    Look for context. J asked a question, and I answered. Context often matters.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #474
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More than 700 arrested in Wall Street protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Such as Affirmative Action?
    No. Affirmative action says you cannot give an unfair advantage to any group. Too many as we've seen on the other thread have no idea what Affirmative action actually says. Misinformation dies a slow, slow death.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #475
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: More than 700 arrested in Wall Street protest

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    A dishonest straw man because GJ didn't question their right to protest; He merely pointed out their dishonest hypocrisy
    Will you be keeping the reason for this 'hypocrisy' to yourself as well, just as your reasons for the OWS protest?

    The teabaggers, like the WSO protesters, had varying messages. Unlike the tea tantrums, none of the WSO's messages are racist.
    We have recent evidence that there is open racism at the OWS, on this thread in fact, while there was no demonstration of racism during the tea party protests.

    And plenty of teabaggers have been arrested and have been violent or made violent threats.
    Then let's see them. Please provide a link.

    And complaining about the non-existent "filth" is just another dishonest attempt to misportray them as "dirty hippies". The rightwingers dishonesty about WSO is motivated by their hatred.
    Sex, drugs, and unsanitary conditions common at Occupy Wall Street protests | National News - The BIG One - WTAM 1100 There are dozens of similar stories.

    More dishonesty. Unions are not shutting down govt services. They merely are witholding their labor, which is a human right.
    It's also a legal right. But when that goes too far people look for alternatives, which is also a human and legal right, so far.
    The wingnuts claim they are about protecting peoples' rights, but their desire to make people slaves betrays their lack of principles.
    I haven't seen anyone propose the idea of slavery in the United States. Do you have a link?

    Corporations are not job creators. It's the workers who create jobs.
    Then perhaps the OWS crowd can get out there and start creating some jobs. What's holding them back?

    And "death panels" were another rightwing lie.
    No, it was not a lie.
    A dishonest attempt to equate WSO with the president
    Certainly many of these people voted for Barrack Obama, they seem the type, so if they were against his policies, or the Dodd- Frank Bill, they would be protesting at the White House. I don't judge their intentions or bipartisanship by a single poster.
    More dishonesty
    So you do know their intentions but just don;t want to say. Is that correct?

  6. #476
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: More than 700 arrested in Wall Street protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    ...We have recent evidence that there is open racism at the OWS, on this thread in fact, while there was no demonstration of racism during the tea party protests....
    right. calling Obama a Kenyan Muslim Communist had nothing to do with racism. using Hispanic immigrants as a scapegoat has nothing to do with racism. accusing ALL Muslims of terrorism, has nothing to do with racism.

    your dishonesty on this matter is stunning.
    Last edited by Thunder; 10-11-11 at 12:28 PM.

  7. #477
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: More than 700 arrested in Wall Street protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No. Affirmative action says you cannot give an unfair advantage to any group. Too many as we've seen on the other thread have no idea what Affirmative action actually says. Misinformation dies a slow, slow death.
    You said
    Try programs that give an unfair advantage to one group over another.
    That pretty much explains Affirmative Action, regardless of any good intentions.

  8. #478
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,025

    Re: More than 700 arrested in Wall Street protest

    Maybe all these "occupy" people should protest the ATF till it gets shut down....
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  9. #479
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: More than 700 arrested in Wall Street protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Will you be keeping the reason for this 'hypocrisy' to yourself as well, just as your reasons for the OWS protest?
    Your straw man got pwned and now you're trying to hide the fact behind an ad hom. All you've got is ad homs, straw men, and other dishonest tactics.


    We have recent evidence that there is open racism at the OWS, on this thread in fact, while there was no demonstration of racism during the tea party protests.
    No, it never happened



    Then let's see them. Please provide a link.
    Tea Party Getting Violent? 10 House Dems Report Threats, Vandalism - Crimesider - CBS News



    That story was HILARIOUS. Only the dishonest rightwingers would believe such nonsense.

    It's also a legal right. But when that goes too far people look for alternatives, which is also a human and legal right, so far.
    You're babbling now. Try to make some sense

    I haven't seen anyone propose the idea of slavery in the United States. Do you have a link?
    I see you have a problem understanding figurative speech. The rightwing is filled with illiterate morons



    Then perhaps the OWS crowd can get out there and start creating some jobs. What's holding them back?
    Another dishonest straw man. You really are getting desperate


    No, it was not a lie.
    And delusional


    Certainly many of these people voted for Barrack Obama, they seem the type, so if they were against his policies, or the Dodd- Frank Bill, they would be protesting at the White House. I don't judge their intentions or bipartisanship by a single poster.
    Of course you don't. Rightwingers are determined to dishonestly misportray the protests. That's been my point all along, and you have been a perfect example that proves me right.

    So you do know their intentions but just don;t want to say. Is that correct?
    You are wrong, again. As always.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #480
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: More than 700 arrested in Wall Street protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    right. calling Obama a Kenyan Muslim Communist had nothing to do with racism. using Hispanic immigrants as a scapegoat has nothing to do with racism. accusing ALL Muslims of terrorism, has nothing to do with racism.

    your dishonesty on this matter is stunning.
    Grant is actually believing that there is rampant sex and drug going on in Zucotti Park, which is surrounded by police. The rightwing morons will believe anything as long as it fits in with their bigoted notions :cuckoo
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 48 of 61 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •