Page 39 of 61 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 606

Thread: More than 700 arrested in Wall Street protest

  1. #381
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,995
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: More than 700 arrested in Wall Street protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    The guy with the gun in the picture threatening to spill blood?

    WTF are you talking about???

    What FBI raids did not require a warrant?

    Who is taking money from you without your consent?

    Take a deep breath and make your points clear enough that others can understand and respond to them.
    Have you heard of the patriot act? Law enforcement no longer needs a warrent to raid your facilities. Nor for wire taps, investigations, or anything else, for that matter. And there have been plenty of raids, and plenty of innocent people arrested, warrentless, since that thing passed. One that made the news that I can recall off the top of my head were the Liberty Dollar raids. THAT is tyranny. And yes, I am taxed against my will. I wouldn't mind it so much if I felt I had a say, but because my voting options are limited to a pile of crap with a D by their name, or a pile of crap with an R by their name, I feel pretty much unrepresented. And I'm far from alone. My head is always cool. Except when it's not.

  2. #382
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: More than 700 arrested in Wall Street protest

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    Cmon dude, you know that its BLOOD you water the tree of liberty with. A guy with a gun on his hip saying its time for blood is threatening to most reasonable folks.
    What?

    Like a guy with a raging boner and a sign calling for the abolition of child molestation laws would be threatening to some people.
    What? How is that threating? Did you ever consider people are just threated by really dumb ****?

    I'm a Second amendment liberal, so save the "you just don't like guns" diversion.
    I'm saying what the **** not "you just don't like guns"

  3. #383
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,460
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: More than 700 arrested in Wall Street protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    What?



    What? How is that threating? Did you ever consider people are just threated by really dumb ****?



    I'm saying what the **** not "you just don't like guns"
    Do you seriously NOT know the full quote from that sign?

    Its Jefferson I believe,

    Something like "the tree of liberty must be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

    Hence my boner/child molester/sign analogy.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  4. #384
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,995
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: More than 700 arrested in Wall Street protest

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post

    "It is time to water the tree of liberty? That is scary? Its the gun you say? Oh... I see. Should I get you a cup to pee in while you cower in the corner all day? Maybe you need to work on your fear issues and stop assuming other people are messed up in the head for doing something you are scared of. Instead of just saying people are threating violence for doing but standing there."

    The guy in the picture is for SURE advocating violence. The full quote goes as such “What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms...The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.”

    If that's not saying, "Hey, I think it's time to shoot some tyrants!", I don't know what is.

    Right here, henrin.

  5. #385
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: More than 700 arrested in Wall Street protest

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    Do you seriously NOT know the full quote from that sign?

    Its Jefferson I believe,

    Something like "the tree of liberty must be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

    Hence my boner/child molester/sign analogy.
    He didn't quote the whole thing. Maybe he just likes that part? Ever think of that?

  6. #386
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,460
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: More than 700 arrested in Wall Street protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    He didn't quote the whole thing. Maybe he just likes that part? Ever think of that?
    No.

    Not even vaguely likely.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  7. #387
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: More than 700 arrested in Wall Street protest

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    No.

    Not even vaguely likely.
    Because you assume the gun means violence and when you see parts of a quote you assume the whole quote. You still can't prove its not your own issues at play here.

  8. #388
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,460
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: More than 700 arrested in Wall Street protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Because you assume the gun means violence and when you see parts of a quote you assume the whole quote. You still can't prove its not your own issues at play here.
    So your interpretation would be...?

    He doesn't have a watering can.

    I don't think he intends to pee on the tree of liberty.

    Are you aware of any other "tree of liberty" quotes that he could be referring to?

    Do you believe you could sell this line of reasoning to anybody with the sense of a cantaloupe?

    Now begone! Or I shall mock you a second time!
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  9. #389
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: More than 700 arrested in Wall Street protest

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    Have you heard of the patriot act?
    Yes, I have. Thanks for providing an example of what you were talking about before. It was incorporated under the Bush Administration and has not been removed under this administration. I was opposed to its creation and I am opposed to its continuation.

    Law enforcement no longer needs a warrent to raid your facilities. Nor for wire taps, investigations, or anything else, for that matter. And there have been plenty of raids, and plenty of innocent people arrested, warrentless, since that thing passed.

    Please list them (with links), I have heard of none of them.


    One that made the news that I can recall off the top of my head were the Liberty Dollar raids. THAT is tyranny
    Sounds like proper police work to address a crime.

    "Conviction
    Von NotHaus was convicted of "making, possessing and selling his own coins" on March 18, 2011, in Statesville, North Carolina, after a jury deliberated for less than two hours.[28] The jury found him guilty of one count under 18 U.S.C. § 485 and 18 U.S.C. § 2, one count of violating 18 U.S.C. § 486 and 18 U.S.C. § 2, and one count of conspiracy, under 18 U.S.C. § 371, to violate sections 485 and 486.[29] He faces up to 15 years in jail, a $250,000 fine, and may be forced to give $7 million worth of minted coins and precious metals to the government, weighing 16,000 pounds.[28] Attorney for the Western District of North Carolina, Anne M. Tompkins, described the Liberty Dollar as "a unique form of domestic terrorism" that is trying "to undermine the legitimate currency of this country".[30] The Justice Department press release quotes her as saying: "While these forms of anti-government activities do not involve violence, they are every bit as insidious and represent a clear and present danger to the economic stability of this country."[30]

    According to the Associated Press, "Federal prosecutors successfully argued that von NotHaus was, in fact, trying to pass off the silver coins as U.S. currency. Coming in denominations of 5, 10, 20, and 50, the Liberty Dollars also featured a dollar sign, the word "dollar" and the motto "Trust in God," similar to the "In God We Trust" that appears on U.S. coins".[31] VonNotHaus's attorney is appealing the decision and the arguments made by the prosecution in the case. Dollar, for example, is a term used by many nations for their currency and has a Czech, not American, origin."
    Liberty Dollar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


    And yes, I am taxed against my will. I wouldn't mind it so much if I felt I had a say, but because my voting options are limited to a pile of crap with a D by their name, or a pile of crap with an R by their name, I feel pretty much unrepresented. And I'm far from alone. My head is always cool. Except when it's not.
    We have had income taxes for almost a hundred years under both parties because a majority of the country approve of them as the means to fund government. If you feel unrepresented you have the power of the vote and you have the freedom to express your feelings publicly in protest, just the tea party did and just as the protestors are doing now on Wall Street and across the country.
    Last edited by Catawba; 10-07-11 at 03:17 AM.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #390
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: More than 700 arrested in Wall Street protest

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    So your interpretation would be...?

    He doesn't have a watering can.

    I don't think he intends to pee on the tree of liberty.

    Are you aware of any other "tree of liberty" quotes that he could be referring to?

    Do you believe you could sell this line of reasoning to anybody with the sense of a cantaloupe?

    Now begone! Or I shall mock you a second time!
    Whatever you say. Read whatever you want into whatever you want with no proof what so ever. Then call people threating with that logic. I'm not going to join you, sorry.

Page 39 of 61 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •