Page 34 of 61 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 606

Thread: More than 700 arrested in Wall Street protest

  1. #331
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: More than 700 arrested in Wall Street protest

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    It IS threatening violence, and it has RIGHT do imply such, as is inherent within the 2nd amendment. The 2nd wasn't tossed in there to help us defend ourselves from car burglars. It's there in order for the PEOPLE to retain the right to deny their government a monopoly on force. This image should serve as a reminder of that. It is no less a threat of violence than the riot police I am sure this man was faced off with, who are packing SP12 shotguns that can blow a whole through a brick wall in one shot. I can't speak as to the man's political views, or if he would consider using violence in order to "get his way", but imagine the staggering and motivational effect for true change an entire country of men like him would have on our current, lazy, money grubbing, social elite political class we have in offices all across the country right now.
    Like I said, the left rejected violent people like SDS members, while the right defends and embraces the violence.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #332
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: More than 700 arrested in Wall Street protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    It is time to water the tree of liberty? That is scary? Its the gun you say? Oh... I see. Should I get you a cup to pee in while you cower in the corner all day?



    Maybe you need to work on your fear issues and stop assuming other people are messed up in the head for doing something you are scared of. Instead of just saying people are threating violence for doing but standing there.
    I doubt that Union thugs ever bothered this guy.

  3. #333
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: More than 700 arrested in Wall Street protest

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Jaywalking is so violent. Hold me mommy, I'm scared
    Of course you're scared. That's what the left is all about.

    They feel there is safety in numbers, hence being part of the mob really makes them feel secure..

  4. #334
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,418
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: More than 700 arrested in Wall Street protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    It is time to water the tree of liberty? That is scary? Its the gun you say? Oh... I see. Should I get you a cup to pee in while you cower in the corner all day?



    Maybe you need to work on your fear issues and stop assuming other people are messed up in the head for doing something you are scared of. Instead of just saying people are threating violence for doing but standing there.
    Cmon dude, you know that its BLOOD you water the tree of liberty with. A guy with a gun on his hip saying its time for blood is threatening to most reasonable folks.

    Like a guy with a raging boner and a sign calling for the abolition of child molestation laws would be threatening to some people.

    I'm a Second amendment liberal, so save the "you just don't like guns" diversion.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  5. #335
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: More than 700 arrested in Wall Street protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    So jail time - arrest and a warning? Only when it's the tea party or does it apply with the Occupy Wall Street / Union crowd too?
    Let us know when the OWS protestors start carrying guns and making threats of violence
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #336
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,151

    Re: More than 700 arrested in Wall Street protest

    Big government lackeys are trying to crush them as usual, but the people aren't going to take it anymore. It's the American Autumn.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  7. #337
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: More than 700 arrested in Wall Street protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Of course you're scared. That's what the left is all about.

    They feel there is safety in numbers, hence being part of the mob really makes them feel secure..
    I guess the teabaggers are pretty scared then



    Oh, I forgot. The rightwing is so dishonest, they use one standard to judge leftwing protesters and another standard for their own wingnuts
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #338
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: More than 700 arrested in Wall Street protest

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    Cmon dude, you know that its BLOOD you water the tree of liberty with.
    Some rightwingers are so dumb, they dont have enough brains to do a good job of playing dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #339
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: More than 700 arrested in Wall Street protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    Big government lackeys are trying to crush them as usual, but the people aren't going to take it anymore. It's the American Autumn.
    Oh, i agree it's the American autumn, with winter following rather more quickly than anyone ever suspected.

    But a country which can't even secure its own borders is going to be weak in all other areas as well.

    Just as in Western Europe a few years ago, the smart people, including businesses, are leaving, and will return only if a responsible leader can turn the country around. I'm not certain anyone can at this point. The damage has been done.

  10. #340
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: More than 700 arrested in Wall Street protest

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I guess the teabaggers are pretty scared then



    Oh, I forgot. The rightwing is so dishonest, they use one standard to judge leftwing protesters and another standard for their own wingnuts
    No, not everyone harbors your fears. Speak to your own neurotic feelings and deal with them, but don't transfer them to others.

Page 34 of 61 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •