Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 113

Thread: At Rick Perry’s Texas hunting spot, camp’s old racially charged name lingered

  1. #31
    Advisor Rough Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    11-11-11 @ 08:42 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    367

    Re: At Rick Perry’s Texas hunting spot, camp’s old racially charged name lingered

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    So, I'm not seeing an intent to be overtly or covertly racist. It's unfortunate, but hardly an exceptional scenario.
    Always funny to watch people pretend that the word has some legitimate use.
    "If you could kick the person in the pants most responsible for your troubles you wouldn't sit for a month"
    Theodore Roosevelt

  2. #32
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,884

    Re: At Rick Perry’s Texas hunting spot, camp’s old racially charged name lingered

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    What comes after the final nail in the coffin?

    Guess they just toss him in the hole.
    No, he'll still be Governor of Texas.

  3. #33
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: At Rick Perry’s Texas hunting spot, camp’s old racially charged name lingered

    Lets call this what it is....Its Cain pulling the race card....now Al sharpton has jumped on the bandwagon, everything I liked about Cain is out the window and I hope this backfires on him with GOP voters as it should.
    This field of republicans just keep getting worse and worse...its no wonder the Elite Rich are scouring the planet feverishly for Candidates



    Al Sharpton, Herman Cain join attacks on Rick Perry over slur - Reid J. Epstein - POLITICO.com
    Last edited by lpast; 10-03-11 at 09:01 AM.

  4. #34
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: At Rick Perry’s Texas hunting spot, camp’s old racially charged name lingered

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Lets call this what it is....Its Cain pulling the race card....now Al sharpton has jumped on the bandwagon, everything I liked about Cain is out the window and I hope this backfires on him with GOP voters as it should.
    This field of republicans just keep getting worse and worse...its no wonder the Elite Rich are scouring the planet feverishly for Candidates



    Al Sharpton, Herman Cain join attacks on Rick Perry over slur - Reid J. Epstein - POLITICO.com

    I see no reason to jump to conclusions. Cain obviously didn't read the story in the Post, and responded to media that wanted to get reaction to this unfortunate manufactured story in the WaPo.

    If this property was originally owned by Perry's father, and the sign showing this name was disposed of long before Perry had any thoughts of governmental office, then it should be viewed for what it is. And that is the media once again becoming the campaign arm of the Obama campaign and doing Obama's opposition research for him. It's disgusting.

    Don't we have something more pressing for our next President's to be speaking to other than what some cabin in TX was named when they were a boy and their family purchased it?

    Yes, I think we do...The focus should be on the disastrous record of the current renter to the WH, and what he has f'ed up in this country.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #35
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: At Rick Perry’s Texas hunting spot, camp’s old racially charged name lingered

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I see no reason to jump to conclusions. Cain obviously didn't read the story in the Post, and responded to media that wanted to get reaction to this unfortunate manufactured story in the WaPo.

    If this property was originally owned by Perry's father, and the sign showing this name was disposed of long before Perry had any thoughts of governmental office, then it should be viewed for what it is. And that is the media once again becoming the campaign arm of the Obama campaign and doing Obama's opposition research for him. It's disgusting.


    Don't we have something more pressing for our next President's to be speaking to other than what some cabin in TX was named when they were a boy and their family purchased it?

    Yes, I think we do...The focus should be on the disastrous record of the current renter to the WH, and what he has f'ed up in this country.

    j-mac

    Sorry...ranting about obama has nothing to do with...Cain pulling the race card on Perry...

  6. #36
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: At Rick Perry’s Texas hunting spot, camp’s old racially charged name lingered

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Sorry...ranting about obama has nothing to do with...Cain pulling the race card on Perry...

    I understand, however I view this as the same as the situation where say at a party, you and a couple of friends are standing around, and maybe everyone has had that one drink too many...One friend mumbles something, and another jabs you and says 'hey, you gonna take that?'

    Weather or not you react shows how easily led you are....

    You gonna be led by the media dude?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #37
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: At Rick Perry’s Texas hunting spot, camp’s old racially charged name lingered

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I understand, however I view this as the same as the situation where say at a party, you and a couple of friends are standing around, and maybe everyone has had that one drink too many...One friend mumbles something, and another jabs you and says 'hey, you gonna take that?'

    Weather or not you react shows how easily led you are....

    You gonna be led by the media dude?


    j-mac



    I understand your thinking and no Im not being led by the media....My thoughts are based on precisely what Cain has said and my perception of the reason hes doing it....and I believe the proof of that is Al Sharpton the classic race baiter extraordinaire has jumped on Cains band wagon...not vice versa

  8. #38
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: At Rick Perry’s Texas hunting spot, camp’s old racially charged name lingered

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    I understand your thinking and no Im not being led by the media....My thoughts are based on precisely what Cain has said and my perception of the reason hes doing it....and I believe the proof of that is Al Sharpton the classic race baiter extraordinaire has jumped on Cains band wagon...not vice versa

    Sharpton is an opportunist is, I have no doubt going to misrepresent what ever he needs to get attention. I am just not convinced that Cain jumped in there as forcefully as those in here may think. I was listening closely to that interview on FOX Cain was pretty clear about saying that "IF" "Perry knew of this sign, and it depends on when he took it down..." Seems that is being ignored.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #39
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: At Rick Perry’s Texas hunting spot, camp’s old racially charged name lingered

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Sharpton is an opportunist is, I have no doubt going to misrepresent what ever he needs to get attention. I am just not convinced that Cain jumped in there as forcefully as those in here may think. I was listening closely to that interview on FOX Cain was pretty clear about saying that "IF" "Perry knew of this sign, and it depends on when he took it down..." Seems that is being ignored.

    j-mac
    This is what Cain Said....and it was said for EFFECT and in my opinion it was race baiting....

    Quickly, though, Herman Cain — the only African-American running for president on the Republican side — joined the pile-on.
    There “isn’t a more vile, negative word than the N-word and for him to leave it there as long as he did before, I hear, that they finally painted over it, is just plain insensitive to a lot of black people in this country,” Cain said on “Fox News Sunday.”

    We both have different opinions...and thats fine...

  10. #40
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,080

    Re: At Rick Perry’s Texas hunting spot, camp’s old racially charged name lingered

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    I'll have to disagree. If I owned a property that had that name on it, the first -- and I mean the VERY first -- thing I would do is change it, or at least paint over it.

    Looks like Herman Caine agrees: Herman Cain: Rick Perry Is 'Insensitive' Toward Black People
    Cain started to get numbers and the first thing he did was forget Reagan's 11th Commandment - it's starting to turn me off.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •