Page 48 of 62 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 619

Thread: Ron Paul: US-born al-Qaida cleric 'assassinated'

  1. #471
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Ron Paul: US-born al-Qaida cleric 'assassinated'

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I dont consider military or civilian personnel 'sissies.' Your comment about the support staff gig is a little comical...but I really dont care enough about your opinion to explain why. I do however think people that believe we can negotiate peacefully with terrorists are empty headed fools best left to planting daisy gardens. I think people that cling to some notion that because a terrorist was born in the US we should target him with the same extreme prejudice that we do all other terrorists proves they cant be trusted with national security. I think its silly to presume that charging him in absentia with anything would have some sort of impact...other than...you know...making us feel all better about ourselves. Dood was a terrorist. Heavy emphasis on the 'was' part.
    how cute... I don't even get civility or a simple thank you for your service like you give other vets.... all because I don't agree with you over this issue.
    but instead, I somehow want to peacefully negotiate with terrorists ( something i've never said) and should go plant daisy's in a peace garden.. 'cuz i can't be trusted with national security.

    you continually ignore my opinion that i don't really care about this particular dude.. i've said numerous times that i welcome his demise.
    but somehow you conflate my questioning of our government's legal mechanism of dealing with terrorism with supporting this dude.

    in short, i'm just a terrorist sympathizing empty headed fool to you.....you've made your opinion clear.

    you might find my support comment comical, but i come from an Infantry background.. and if you ain't humpin' a rifle, you're support.
    don't get me wrong , there's nothing wrong with support.. been there done that too... but don't be levying idiot charges of being some sort a sissy to a grunt.


    No biggie, you won't be the first Air Force vet I don't get along with... won't be the last either.

  2. #472
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Ron Paul: US-born al-Qaida cleric 'assassinated'

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    McCain/Feingold was as unconstitutional as they come and the courts ruled so but nobody called for anyone's removal or impeachment.
    I think both men should go.
    In 2010, Feingold lost his campaign for re-election to the US Senate to Republican Ron Johnson.
    Now the RINO has got to go.

  3. #473
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Ron Paul: US-born al-Qaida cleric 'assassinated'

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    I think both men should go.
    In 2010, Feingold lost his campaign for re-election to the US Senate to Republican Ron Johnson.
    Now the RINO has got to go.
    Indeed he does. By election.

  4. #474
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Ron Paul: US-born al-Qaida cleric 'assassinated'

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    I just say, "Thank you." They always know what I mean.
    I like that better. Thank you. ;-)
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  5. #475
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Ron Paul: US-born al-Qaida cleric 'assassinated'

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    you are free to correct my representation of your words... but don't try to tell me my position is insane.... I gave no position.
    you said rights don't take form until someones tries to take them away and you seek redress.... implying that if you do not seek redress, the right never takes form.
    I added in that dead men tell no tales... meaning dead men can't seek redress. .. and if they don't seek redress, their rights never take form.
    And maybe a few here have learned something in giving thought to how I stated the tangible embodiment of a "right".

    Most of us will never be caught up in a legal proceeding where we realize that our "right" will be defined by the verdict of the Court. However, to think otherwise is to ignore the purpose of the SCOTUS. Recent decisions that impact our expectations of "rights" more than others have dealt with such as eminent domain (property rights) and such as DC gun laws (right to bear arms). Those folks in Connecticut had a certain belief in their property rights until SCOTUS said otherwise

    However, many of us may someday be involved in a contractual dispute, possibly with litigation, or know someone who is so involved. Which gets to my point. The contract is just a piece of paper, in which you may have put faith, supposedly defining your "rights" in an agreement, but which will only be given substance in Court. In essence, it only means something when things go "wrong". Otherwise, both parties act in accordance with what they perceive to be their best interests.

  6. #476
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,957
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: Ron Paul: US-born al-Qaida cleric 'assassinated'

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    He may have technically retained his legal citizenship...do you honestly believe he CARED about his constitutional rights? His citizenship? Or for that matter, yours? Or the rights of the men, women and children he comspired to slaughter. Oh...I bet he is just all broke up about the rights of beheaded teenage school children. When you have a threat...you eliminate the threat.

    You keep leaving the heavy lifting to the big kids. Maybe you can stick a few daisy's in someones rifle barrel. Meanwhile...the adults will continue to identify threats to the country and eliminate them. When he decided to become a terrorist and engage in threatening behavior towards the country, he made himself a target. Responsible people understand that. Candidate Obama got away with the warm fuzzy flower planter bull****...President Obama understands what is required.

    But...hey...I full on respect your commitment to your position. When are the hang Obama in effigy, Obama=Hitler rallies scheduled?
    You do realize that because he was a US citizen at the time of his death, that this entire fiasco sets a legal precedent. Now the US government can label someone a terrorist, hide the evidence under the guise of “national security,” and have them assassinated, all on the President’s whim. Essentially, the President has now become judge, jury, and executioner.

    I don't hang out with people who say that Obama is equivalent to Hitler as you can't compare the two.
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  7. #477
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Ron Paul: US-born al-Qaida cleric 'assassinated'

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    LOL. Awesome. Ruff, tuff Marine!
    The Air Force are not sissies either. Although in one joint assignment it was made clear to me by an Air Force sergeant (E7, I think) that they considered it to be a field deployment if they were further than 2 kilometers from a golf course or NCO club.

    I started out in air defense as a Chaparral platoon leader. It was a couple of weeks back. From there I transferred into military intelligence. I dabbled in nuclear command and control (I especially liked targeting). And in my final assignment training.
    you are correct, Air Force aren't sissies either.. known a few true badasses in the AF myself.
    but i'm not the one coming in here charging people with being sissies either...i'm just defending myself against this dude's charges.

    I hear Chaparral went the way of HAWK.. cool systems for their time, the both of them.

  8. #478
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Ron Paul: US-born al-Qaida cleric 'assassinated'

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    You do realize that because he was a US citizen at the time of his death, that this entire fiasco sets a legal precedent. Now the US government can label someone a terrorist, hide the evidence under the guise of “national security,” and have them assassinated, all on the President’s whim. Essentially, the President has now become judge, jury, and executioner.

    I don't hang out with people who say that Obama is equivalent to Hitler as you can't compare the two.
    Which is why I asked if it would have been O.K. to simply allow Bush to carry out the war. There was no answer. I respect a difference of opinion. I do not when those differences are only based upon ones politics.

  9. #479
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,957
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: Ron Paul: US-born al-Qaida cleric 'assassinated'

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Heres my feelings..hes gone and thats a good thing for america...if he hasnt killed americans hes was in the process of....
    Like the process or not...ya gotta love the end result...or at least i do

    Ive read no reports from our govt that al awaki was the target...they were targeting the convoy that he was in...
    al-Awlaki was targeted back in 2010 (U.S. Approves Targeted Killing of American Cleric - NYTimes.com)
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  10. #480
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Ron Paul: US-born al-Qaida cleric 'assassinated'

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    And maybe a few here have learned something in giving thought to how I stated the tangible embodiment of a "right".

    Most of us will never be caught up in a legal proceeding where we realize that our "right" will be defined by the verdict of the Court. However, to think otherwise is to ignore the purpose of the SCOTUS. Recent decisions that impact our expectations of "rights" more than others have dealt with such as eminent domain (property rights) and such as DC gun laws (right to bear arms). Those folks in Connecticut had a certain belief in their property rights until SCOTUS said otherwise

    However, many of us may someday be involved in a contractual dispute, possibly with litigation, or know someone who is so involved. Which gets to my point. The contract is just a piece of paper, in which you may have put faith, supposedly defining your "rights" in an agreement, but which will only be given substance in Court. In essence, it only means something when things go "wrong". Otherwise, both parties act in accordance with what they perceive to be their best interests.
    well.. this is bullsh*t.... i can't find anyplace to inject my "dead men tell no tales" schtick in this version of your position.... what the hell am i gonna do now?

Page 48 of 62 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •