Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 619

Thread: Ron Paul: US-born al-Qaida cleric 'assassinated'

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Ron Paul: US-born al-Qaida cleric 'assassinated'

    THIS is the reason that Ron Paul could never be POTUS. Dr. Paul fails to realize that there are times when the best interests of the nation have to be put above some ridiculous bit of technicality. This mofo RENOUNCED his US Citizenship. He was no longer a US Citizen. Even if he was, he's gone out of his way to work towards providing material aid and support for individuals and groups that have attacked the United States. The fact that he's ash is a GOOD thing. The fact that he didn't get his day in court is EVEN BETTER.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Ron Paul: US-born al-Qaida cleric 'assassinated'

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    As pointed out, Timothy McVeigh was every bit as much of an enemy. We would not accepted the idea of state troopers just shooting him in the head when they captured him.
    Maybe you wouldn't have, but some of us would have.

  3. #13
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,152

    Re: Ron Paul: US-born al-Qaida cleric 'assassinated'

    THIS is the reason that Ron Paul could never be POTUS. Dr. Paul fails to realize that there are times when the best interests of the nation have to be put above some ridiculous bit of technicality
    Then lets be honest then....you can never claim to be a consitutionalists and others that hold this view cannot as well. I'm not saying I disagree with the decision to do it but bypassing due process for an American citizens is not a technicality.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Ron Paul: US-born al-Qaida cleric 'assassinated'

    Ron Paul should worry a little less about the rights of traitors who have sworn to murder their fellow Americans, and worry more about protecting his fellow Americans from such traitors.

  5. #15
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,708

    Re: Ron Paul: US-born al-Qaida cleric 'assassinated'

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Where does it say we capture our enemy? Whimpy-whimpy-whimpy. We kill our enemies. The military's goal is not to capture.
    The issue I take with the situation is that there doesn't seem to be any oversight or checks in place for whom the US military and intelligence agencies decide is "an enemy." If they call you an enemy combatant, you no longer have any rights. No due process. No trial of your peers. Just a bullet to your head, or even a predator drone while you sleep. It doesn't matter whether you're a US citizen or not, guilty or not. You're on a death list and there's nobody there to make sure the government has sufficient evidence to justify that.

    People think too short-sighted when they read these stories. Whenever I read these stories, I think "What if it were me that the government decided was an enemy?"

    Ok, this guy is some sort of radical actively working against America's interest. Maybe he does deserve to die. Thing is, the only thing I know about the situation is what the government told me. It never ceases to amaze me that the exact same group of people who claim the government can't do anything right is the crowd cheering on assassination of a US citizen without oversight or due process.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Ron Paul: US-born al-Qaida cleric 'assassinated'

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    Then lets be honest then....you can never claim to be a consitutionalists and others that hold this view cannot as well. I'm not saying I disagree with the decision to do it but bypassing due process for an American citizens is not a technicality.
    THIS MOFO RENOUNCED HIS CITIZENSHIP!!! He was no longer an American Citizen. Maybe he didn't fill out the paperwork, but from what I've heard he repeatedly renounced his ties to America. What the hell more do you want?

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Ron Paul: US-born al-Qaida cleric 'assassinated'

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    The issue I take with the situation is that there doesn't seem to be any oversight or checks in place for whom the US military and intelligence agencies decide is "an enemy." If they call you an enemy combatant, you no longer have any rights. No due process. No trial of your peers. Just a bullet to your head, or even a predator drone while you sleep. It doesn't matter whether you're a US citizen or not, guilty or not. You're on a death list and there's nobody there to make sure the government has sufficient evidence to justify that.

    People think too short-sighted when they read these stories. Whenever I read these stories, I think "What if it were me that the government decided was an enemy?"

    Ok, this guy is some sort of radical actively working against America's interest. Maybe he does deserve to die. Thing is, the only thing I know about the situation is what the government told me. It never ceases to amaze me that the exact same group of people who claim the government can't do anything right is the crowd cheering on assassination of a US citizen without oversight or due process.
    Two out of the first three stating an opinion that Paul was wrong came from those who lean is liberal. No condemnation there?

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Ron Paul: US-born al-Qaida cleric 'assassinated'

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    THIS MOFO RENOUNCED HIS CITIZENSHIP!!! He was no longer an American Citizen. Maybe he didn't fill out the paperwork, but from what I've heard he repeatedly renounced his ties to America. What the hell more do you want?
    He never renounced his citizenship. You are free to show where I am wrong though.

  9. #19
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Ron Paul: US-born al-Qaida cleric 'assassinated'

    When you read his quote in its entirety I completely understand his point. Whether or not Awlaki renounced his citizenship or not, he was still legally a citizen of the U.S. ( here). As a legal citizen he had rights which were summarily dismissed on the basis of his alleged actions. Do I think he did the things he's accused of? Damn straight. He's even flat out admitted to much of it (and denied quite a bit as well). But we have to be careful about rescinding the rights of our "enemies" without due process. It can (and historically has) gone way too far once it starts.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  10. #20
    I support ██ ███
    jasonxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,405

    Re: Ron Paul: US-born al-Qaida cleric 'assassinated'

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    THIS is the reason that Ron Paul could never be POTUS. Dr. Paul fails to realize that there are times when the best interests of the nation have to be put above some ridiculous bit of technicality. This mofo RENOUNCED his US Citizenship. He was no longer a US Citizen. Even if he was, he's gone out of his way to work towards providing material aid and support for individuals and groups that have attacked the United States. The fact that he's ash is a GOOD thing. The fact that he didn't get his day in court is EVEN BETTER.
    I never knew the constitution, our 5th amendment and laws were technicalities. Why even obey them to begin with, they mean nothing..am i right? /sarcasm.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Ron Paul should worry a little less about the rights of traitors who have sworn to murder their fellow Americans, and worry more about protecting his fellow Americans from such traitors.
    He is worrying about his fellow Americans from becoming such victims from our own government and following the Constitution. To me, Ron Paul is a hero for speaking out which says words about where our country fallen off too. I don't like what we've have become. With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably. The first time any man’s freedom is trodden on, we’re all damaged.

    Last edited by jasonxe; 09-30-11 at 06:48 PM.



Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •