Page 19 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 619

Thread: Ron Paul: US-born al-Qaida cleric 'assassinated'

  1. #181
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: Ron Paul: US-born al-Qaida cleric 'assassinated'

    I would like to know why Obama campaigned on giving terrorists constitutional rights but now assassinates them?

    I would also like to know why liberals support this type of assassination killing but oppose the death penalty?

    One could make a very good case for these kind of assassinations to be premeditated, cold blooded murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  2. #182
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Ron Paul: US-born al-Qaida cleric 'assassinated'

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    Your argument fails. In reality there is no such thing as a sovereign citizen. Please show me where in the constitution it mentions sovereign citizens
    you know that bit about government deriving its' powers from the governed?

  3. #183
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Ron Paul: US-born al-Qaida cleric 'assassinated'

    i'm not gonna cry over this particular guy's demise... but I might shed one or 2 tears over our acceptance of assassinating American citizens without due process.


    i'm more worried about keeping our rights than eradicating Al Queda...and so, it seems, is Ron Paul.

  4. #184
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Ron Paul: US-born al-Qaida cleric 'assassinated'

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    i'm not gonna cry over this particular guy's demise... but I might shed one or 2 tears over our acceptance of assassinating American citizens without due process.


    i'm more worried about keeping our rights than eradicating Al Queda...and so, it seems, is Ron Paul.
    How noble.

    The threat to you from such as Al-Dirtbag was not that he was attempting to procure WMD's to detonate in a major US city .......... but rather that those tasked with trying to prevent such would drop a bomb on his towel head in Yemen.

  5. #185
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Ron Paul: US-born al-Qaida cleric 'assassinated'

    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ View Post
    I would like to know why Obama campaigned on giving terrorists constitutional rights but now assassinates them?

    I would also like to know why liberals support this type of assassination killing but oppose the death penalty?

    One could make a very good case for these kind of assassinations to be premeditated, cold blooded murder.
    I would also like to know these things.

    I'd also like to know how the "government can't do anything right" crowd would trust the government enough to kill fellow citizens without due process.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    How noble.

    The threat to you from such as Al-Dirtbag was not that he was attempting to procure WMD's to detonate in a major US city .......... but rather that those tasked with trying to prevent such would drop a bomb on his towel head in Yemen.
    edit: you know what? forget it.
    Last edited by Deuce; 10-01-11 at 01:01 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #186
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,961
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: Ron Paul: US-born al-Qaida cleric 'assassinated'

    The problem with this situation isn't that al-Awlaki was killed, rather it was the fact that he was a US citizen at the time of his death and thus still subject to US laws, such as due process.
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  7. #187
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Ron Paul: US-born al-Qaida cleric 'assassinated'

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    How noble.

    The threat to you from such as Al-Dirtbag was not that he was attempting to procure WMD's to detonate in a major US city .......... but rather that those tasked with trying to prevent such would drop a bomb on his towel head in Yemen.
    yes, it was very noble of me.... that's the kinda guy I am.

    my greater fear is that of our federal government casting away basic constitutional rights of American citizens ...without due process.
    ...but it's not a greater fear than that of everyday American citizens celebrating such a notion.

    do i care if this terrorist cleric is dead?.. nope... his exit from the world of the living is welcome...
    hell, I wouldn't mind smoking him myself... but, then again, i'm not limited to following the Constitution like the federal government is.

    I wonder what my federal government would do to me if i targeted and assassinated this guy myself?... would I get a medal or a murder conviction?
    i'm pretty certain I would need a damn good lawyer to get me out of such a predicament.

  8. #188
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Ron Paul: US-born al-Qaida cleric 'assassinated'

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    The problem with this situation isn't that al-Awlaki was killed, rather it was the fact that he was a US citizen at the time of his death and thus still subject to US laws, such as due process.
    And he got "due process". What folks cannot grasp is that there are peripherals of "due process", where Perry Mason is not needed. Such would be certain law-enforcement situations where a perp poses an iminent threat to someone, or with military combatants, such as Al-Dirtbag. Citizenship is not a consideration at these peripheries. Sorry folks, but that is how the game is played. The Founders knew this well. All this pretzel Constitutional logic is a more recent flagellation.

  9. #189
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Ron Paul: US-born al-Qaida cleric 'assassinated'

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    yes, it was very noble of me.... that's the kinda guy I am.

    my greater fear is that of our federal government casting away basic constitutional rights of American citizens ...without due process.
    ...but it's not a greater fear than that of everyday American citizens celebrating such a notion.
    As noted, al-Dirtbag got "due process". FYI, "due process" is not one size fits all. Put a gun to someone's head, demand ransom, and see the due process that shows up. This is not a difficult concept, at least for some.

    do i care if this terrorist cleric is dead?.. nope... his exit from the world of the living is welcome...
    hell, I wouldn't mind smoking him myself... but, then again, i'm not limited to following the Constitution like the federal government is.

    I wonder what my federal government would do to me if i targeted and assassinated this guy myself?... would I get a medal or a murder conviction?
    i'm pretty certain I would need a damn good lawyer to get me out of such a predicament.
    Non-sequitor. You do not have the authority of the CIC.

  10. #190
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Ron Paul: US-born al-Qaida cleric 'assassinated'

    please explain, specifically, what due process was afforded this guy that resulted in the death penalty being meted out...

Page 19 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •