Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 169

Thread: Yemen says U.S.-born al Qaeda cleric Anwar al-Awlaki killed

  1. #51
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Yemen says U.S.-born al Qaeda cleric Anwar al-Awlaki killed

    Glad he can't hurt anyone any more.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  2. #52
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,025

    Re: Yemen says U.S.-born al Qaeda cleric Anwar al-Awlaki killed

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The only honor in war, is winning and coming home, intact, both mentally and physically.
    If someone is going to don a suit of their country and be a defender there are certian things they give up. My personal feelings are that a armded "defender" should never, ever put a civs life in danger. Not even into possible harm. If you can't sacrifice yourself for the sake of 100% target aquisition with no innocent splash damage you shouldn't wear the defenders suit. It becomes ironic and twisted when you argue that for the sake of defense, but more so the defenders, innocents must be put at risk.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  3. #53
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New York, New York
    Last Seen
    03-11-16 @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    551

    Re: Yemen says U.S.-born al Qaeda cleric Anwar al-Awlaki killed

    It is disgusting that due process was ignored for this man and that the president has the power to order an assassination of a U.S. citizen. Our founding fathers would be very saddened to hear this news.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Yemen says U.S.-born al Qaeda cleric Anwar al-Awlaki killed

    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire X View Post
    It is disgusting that due process was ignored for this man and that the president has the power to order an assassination of a U.S. citizen. Our founding fathers would be very saddened to hear this news.
    only enemy combatants arrested on American soil are entitled to due process.

    as a Liberal, a Democrat, and a Progressive, I cry not for this scumbag. He is now worm food, Insha' Allah.

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Yemen says U.S.-born al Qaeda cleric Anwar al-Awlaki killed

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    your comment about "a towel on your head", was racist.
    Because you say so ? What "race" did I insult ? "Jihadist" race ? "Muslim" race ? Are you the race police ? Or you just can't handle that a few of us do not feel a need to be politically correct about Americans putting towels on their heads and joining the enemy ?

    I'm calling you out here. Tell me what race was insulted, and how.

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Yemen says U.S.-born al Qaeda cleric Anwar al-Awlaki killed

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Because you say so ? What "race" did I insult ? "Jihadist" race ? "Muslim" race ? Are you the race police ? Or you just can't handle that a few of us do not feel a need to be politically correct about Americans putting towels on their heads and joining the enemy ?

    I'm calling you out here. Tell me what race was insulted, and how.
    your anti-Muslim comment qualifies as racism. Or we can call it Islamophobia if you prefer.

  7. #57
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Yemen says U.S.-born al Qaeda cleric Anwar al-Awlaki killed

    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire X View Post
    It is disgusting that due process was ignored for this man and that the president has the power to order an assassination of a U.S. citizen. Our founding fathers would be very saddened to hear this news.
    You lose certain rights when you encourage or help carry out the killing of your fellow citizens.

  8. #58
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,660
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Yemen says U.S.-born al Qaeda cleric Anwar al-Awlaki killed

    He was a traitorous piece of ****, who declared war on his own country. Enemy or traitor, the lawful punishment is death. I'm glad he was taken out before he could carry out even more attacks on Europe and the USA. Good riddance.

  9. #59
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Yemen says U.S.-born al Qaeda cleric Anwar al-Awlaki killed

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    The day he became a terrorist and turned against America and moved out of the states he stopped being a citizen. If he didn't want to be treated like any other terrorist then he should have went back to the US and surrendered.
    That's not legally correct.


    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Glad he can't hurt anyone any more.
    True


    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire X View Post
    It is disgusting that due process was ignored for this man and that the president has the power to order an assassination of a U.S. citizen. Our founding fathers would be very saddened to hear this news.
    Also true.

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    You lose certain rights when you encourage or help carry out the killing of your fellow citizens.
    Actually you don't lose your citizenship.

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    He was a traitorous piece of ****, who declared war on his own country. Enemy or traitor, the lawful punishment is death. I'm glad he was taken out before he could carry out even more attacks on Europe and the USA. Good riddance.
    Agreed.


    I'm currently on the fence on this one. I'm glad he's dead and can't plan or spread more hate masquerading as Islam. My problem with this is no matter what the guy did, he's still a citizen of the U.S. If the government can kill a citizen, no strike that, bomb anonymously, a citizen of the United States in another country under the auspices of "terrorism", and in which those auspices are considered "top secret" and not for public view - I have a problem with that. That means, it is legal now for you or me, to be bombed into oblivion from our own government without due process of law, and those who bomb you or I do not have to produce evidence. They can simply state, "So and so was a terrorist, has been linked to terrorism and we saw the opportunity and took it". The evidence is secret and held under "national security" therefore no one need to be the wiser.

    In this case, it would have been better to send in undercover spec-ops and attempt tor capture him and give him due process If that wasn't possible, take him out with overwhelming firepower - but make the attempt. We did it with Bin Laden that way and he was no U.S. citizen. I see this as a slippery slope ... either we learn from this and decide this is NOT acceptable in the future, or we start killing our own people because of terrorism today - but what else tomorrow? I don't like it and I'm still glad he's dead.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Yemen says U.S.-born al Qaeda cleric Anwar al-Awlaki killed

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    only enemy combatants arrested on American soil are entitled to due process ..............
    That is not quite accurate. Enemy combatants, in US custody, do have some rights. For instance, the SCOTUS has ruled that such as the Gitmo detainees do have a right to habeus corpus.

    Originally Posted by Voltaire X

    It is disgusting that due process was ignored for this man and that the president has the power to order an assassination of a U.S. citizen. Our founding fathers would be very saddened to hear this news.
    I see nothing in the beliefs of the Founders that would support your assertion. As the Founders decided is was OK to declare the King's land no longer his, and therefore the King's soldiers on it now as fair targets, I can't see where they would lose a wink over blowing these scumbags up in Yemen. My library overflows with books about the Founders, btw, and I've read every one at least twice.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •