Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 140

Thread: Chased home: Mob attacks man in his house

  1. #31
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    01-18-18 @ 12:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,329

    Re: Chased home: Mob attacks man in his house

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    So you'd prefer only the bad guys have guns? Because they're going to have them no matter what.
    I prefer no one except police and the armed forces have guns. Since that can't be the case, I'd prefer very few guns as opposed to more guns being in public circulation. I often read people saying "If he were armed...." that bravado is based completely on that person having the superior firepower. The often neglected fact is if more guns are out there, more people will have it, not just the "good guys". The result could potentially be more people killed, not just and "bad guys". In fact, the "bad guys" are more interested in superior firepower and more willing to take someone's like (thus making them the bad guys). So I'd wager more "good guys" will end up dead.
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  2. #32
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Chased home: Mob attacks man in his house

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    I prefer no one except police and the armed forces have guns. Since that can't be the case, I'd prefer very few guns as opposed to more guns being in public circulation. I often read people saying "If he were armed...." that bravado is based completely on that person having the superior firepower. The often neglected fact is if more guns are out there, more people will have it, not just the "good guys". The result could potentially be more people killed, not just and "bad guys". In fact, the "bad guys" are more interested in superior firepower and more willing to take someone's like (thus making them the bad guys). So I'd wager more "good guys" will end up dead.
    Tett...sorry to tell you the bad guys always had the guns...

  3. #33
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    12-30-17 @ 04:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Chased home: Mob attacks man in his house

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Tess this has been happening forever in all large cities its UNDERREPORTED by a liberal press...its usually left to local reporting that doesnt get widely read....teen gangs in inner cities go back forever...to all white ethnic gangs in the early 1900s preying on each other...irish and german on polish and italian..etc..
    Chicago's as liberal as it gets and it's reported all the time by the press.

  4. #34
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    01-18-18 @ 12:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,329

    Re: Chased home: Mob attacks man in his house

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Tettsuo if you read the article...they broke down the mans door..hit him with a pipe, beat him in the face and a gun was pulled on him being aimed and he grabbed the guys arm and kept it from him...just then the police sirens were heard and the mob ran...if the police didnt get there...how was this guy going to keep the mob off him and the kids in the house and his wife...be reasonable ...people have the RIGHT to protect their home...they have a RIGHT to be and feel safe in their homes.
    First don't assume I didn't read the article. I did. The man got hit will a pipe and punched in the face. That sucks, but he's alive. If more people in the mob had guns do you honestly think the guy with the family would be in less danger if he himself pulled a gun?

    Let me repeat the first part of that question: If MORE people in the mob has guns....
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  5. #35
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    01-18-18 @ 12:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,329

    Re: Chased home: Mob attacks man in his house

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous1776 View Post
    Yeah, but if the criminals are armed and you are not, as was the case here, a gun will at least level the playing field. That's the point.
    No it wouldn't. One gun against 10 or more isn't leveling the playing field.
    Yeah, it's sort of difficult to carry a couple of dozen men in your pocket. Having a gun will at least give you a fighting chance.
    No, pulling a gun would have probably gotten him shot to death if more of the mob also had guns.
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  6. #36
    Politically Correct

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:46 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,870
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Chased home: Mob attacks man in his house

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Read the article, they chased the guy into his home broke down his door with his wife and 4kids and two other young teens he was trying to protect....they hit him with a pipe and pulled a gun on him


    Classic reason to allow gun ownership and the right to put holes into anyone breaking the sanctity of your home to do you harm.
    This guy and his family were lucky...most times the police just cant get there fast enough



    Chased home: Mob attacks man in his house | Philadelphia Daily News | 09/27/2011
    You seem to assume that had he had a gun in the house he could have scared them away. That's one possibility, but just as likely, as soon as he pulled it out they could have shot him, or worse, bullets could have flown everywhere potentially killing his wife and four children.

    The availability or lack thereof of guns has nothing to do with crime, IMO. Only with the seriousness of crime when it does happen.

    That said, I wouldn't have any problem had this man owned a gun for safety purposes that he kept carefully secured inside his house.
    Last edited by Cameron; 09-27-11 at 11:06 AM.
    (avatar by Thomas Nast)

  7. #37
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Chased home: Mob attacks man in his house

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    No it wouldn't. One gun against 10 or more isn't leveling the playing field.
    really? my beretta 9mm holds 15 rounds in the clip. if I chamber a round and then put in a fresh clip, I can get 16 shots without reloading. how many of those guy do you think I would have to shoot before the rest give it up as a bad job? you have to remember, mobs like this are typically cowards. they are emboldened by strength of numbers. when they see you have the will and the ability to fight back, their basic cowardice overcomes their bravado and they flee.

    No, pulling a gun would have probably gotten him shot to death if more of the mob also had guns.
    and there is the difference between us and you. we would rather go down fighting. you would rather go down squealing like a pig and begging for mercy that will NOT be forthcoming.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  8. #38
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    12-30-17 @ 04:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Chased home: Mob attacks man in his house

    Quote Originally Posted by Krhazy View Post
    You seem to assume that had he had a gun in the house he could have scared them away. That's one possibility, but just as likely, as soon as he pulled it out they could have shot him, or worse, bullets could have flown everywhere potentially killing his wife and four children.

    The availability or lack thereof of guns has nothing to do with crime, IMO. Only with the seriousness of crime when it does happen.

    That said, I wouldn't have any problem had this man owned a gun for safety purposes that he kept carefully secured inside his house.
    That's a fair point. Another gun could have certainly escalated the situation. The value of a gun depends entirely on the specifics of situation from the place to the mentality of the criminals and the way the home owner would have used it.

    It's never as cut and dry as "A gun would have solved the problem" or "A gun would have made the problem worse". Absolutes rarely, if ever, work in debates about gun use.

  9. #39
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    01-18-18 @ 12:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,329

    Re: Chased home: Mob attacks man in his house

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    really? my beretta 9mm holds 15 rounds in the clip. if I chamber a round and then put in a fresh clip, I can get 16 shots without reloading. how many of those guy do you think I would have to shoot before the rest give it up as a bad job? you have to remember, mobs like this are typically cowards. they are emboldened by strength of numbers. when they see you have the will and the ability to fight back, their basic cowardice overcomes their bravado and they flee.

    and there is the difference between us and you. we would rather go down fighting. you would rather go down squealing like a pig and begging for mercy that will NOT be forthcoming.
    Internet tough guy eh? Please. You are not Batman and this isn't a comic book. Nothing you say is impressive to me as you are not impressive to me because you wrote a bunch of Dirty Harry nonsense on a messageboard. I know more than a few criminals. They are not cowards. In fact, i think they're too stupid to be cowards. What they often are is emboldened when they are armed, just like you appear to be.

    If he pulled a gun, he would be dead and possibly his family as well if more were armed.

    BTW, only cowards rely on guns to make them strong.
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  10. #40
    User Anonymous1776's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    09-28-11 @ 07:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    72

    Re: Chased home: Mob attacks man in his house

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    No it wouldn't. One gun against 10 or more isn't leveling the playing field.
    You said, 'if everyone is armed, no one has the upper hand.' My response was to your false assertion that the security gained through carrying a gun is lost if everyone else has one.

    The point is one gun is better than no gun when your life is threatened, regardless.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    No, pulling a gun would have probably gotten him shot to death if more of the mob also had guns.
    Actually, not pulling a gun just about got him shot, as one of the criminals was just about to shoot him as police arrived. Like I said, at least if he had a gun, he could have had a fighting chance. He probably could have scared them off before being pummeled and almost shot.
    When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.
    Benjamin Franklin

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •