Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 140

Thread: Chased home: Mob attacks man in his house

  1. #101
    Can't stop the signal...
    theangryamerican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    07-29-13 @ 11:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,233

    Re: Chased home: Mob attacks man in his house

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    I've not backpeddled... minus accusing you of calling me a victim of course. Which I apologized for.

    Which has nothing to do with backpeddling or making a broad sweeping generalization. He needed to "Man up" address his hypocrisy about me insulting him yet he felt free to insult me first. Men take responsibility for their words and deeds. Thus... Man the **** up.


    You lost this round and now your calling victory to cover your ass. You need to man up too. At least I was man enough to admit my error. Are you?
    Please don't confuse my refusal to participate in your trolling experiment as me declaring victory. Rather, it's just me refusing to play the game at all. Again, you know what you said, AND you were called on it, yet you just hedge and deflect. Sorry. That's not the kind of debate I'm interested in.

    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it." - Judge Learned Hand

  2. #102
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: Chased home: Mob attacks man in his house

    Quote Originally Posted by theangryamerican View Post
    Please don't confuse my refusal to participate in your trolling experiment as me declaring victory. Rather, it's just me refusing to play the game at all. Again, you know what you said, AND you were called on it, yet you just hedge and deflect. Sorry. That's not the kind of debate I'm interested in.

    Just what I thought. Thanks for confirming.
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  3. #103
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Chased home: Mob attacks man in his house

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    How about instead of fantasizing about what I think, you ask me. I don't seem to want anything. I in fact stated quite plainly what I think. Having a gun doesn't not make you safer if everyone has a gun. How is that confusing to you? How is that confusing to anyone here? That man didn't have a gun, was he a victim?
    Are yous saying that being chased into your home, beaten with a blunt object, having a gun held at you makes one not a victim? Of course he was a victim and you say it's better that he didn't have a gun, so you ARE saying that playing the role of the victim is better than fighting back.

    There was no fantasy on my part, it all came from what you had written. If that was not your intent, write better.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #104
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: Chased home: Mob attacks man in his house

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Are yous saying that being chased into your home, beaten with a blunt object, having a gun held at you makes one not a victim? Of course he was a victim and you say it's better that he didn't have a gun, so you ARE saying that playing the role of the victim is better than fighting back.
    So was he playing the role of the victim because he didn't have a gun? Is that your contention? I wonder if you understand the word victim if that's the case.

    There was no fantasy on my part, it all came from what you had written. If that was not your intent, write better.
    If you read that, they you need to learn to read or improve your reading comprehension... or both.

    The fantasy is to claim I want anyone to be a victim. That was your poor understanding of my argument or a strawman you decided to argue against as nothing I've written makes that claim.
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  5. #105
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Chased home: Mob attacks man in his house

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    This is what disturbs me most:


    If that account is true, we basically have an angry group of grown men tracking down white people (specifically) because some white kids laughed at a black kid falling/being pushed off his bike.
    Wouldn't that make it a hate crime?
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  6. #106
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: Chased home: Mob attacks man in his house

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Wouldn't that make it a hate crime?
    It would be a hate crime if the reason they went after those kids was solely because they were white. But, it appears the reason was because the white kids assaulted someone and found it funny.
    Last edited by Tettsuo; 09-27-11 at 06:39 PM.
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  7. #107
    User Anonymous1776's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    09-28-11 @ 07:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    72

    Re: Chased home: Mob attacks man in his house

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Complete fail. Try harder.
    Yeah, you really need to back up your false statements with proof. Until you can show me exactly where and how I misrepresented you, you have nothing but baseless accusations. Good luck with that . . .
    When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.
    Benjamin Franklin

  8. #108
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Chased home: Mob attacks man in his house

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous1776 View Post
    Yeah, you really need to back up your false statements with proof. Until you can show me exactly where and how I misrepresented you, you have nothing but baseless accusations. Good luck with that . . .
    I just did dumbass.

  9. #109
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Chased home: Mob attacks man in his house

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    So was he playing the role of the victim because he didn't have a gun? Is that your contention? I wonder if you understand the word victim if that's the case.
    Instead of fantasizing about what I think, how about you ask me? Your little hyperbole here is nothing more than dishonesty. I never said he played the victim because he didn't have a gun, but rather because he was a victim and didn't fight back. Your arguments are based around not fighting back, to which a gun is most certainly a proper tool.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    If you read that, they you need to learn to read or improve your reading comprehension... or both.

    The fantasy is to claim I want anyone to be a victim. That was your poor understanding of my argument or a strawman you decided to argue against as nothing I've written makes that claim.
    You've written plenty to the claim. You'd rather people did not use tools to fight back since that could escalate the scenario. As I said, write better.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #110
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Chased home: Mob attacks man in his house

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    It would be a hate crime if the reason they when after those kids was solely because they were white. But, it appears the reason was because the white kids assaulted someone and found it funny.
    On the contrary, it doesn't seem like they had any reason to go after those kids except for the suspicion that those kids were involved in that other incident because they were white. The mob didn't have proof that those teens were the ones involved in any assault on the kid. From the story, it seems that the mob saw some white teens and just went after them because white teens were involved in the other incident, without actually knowing whether those two particular white teens were involved. And the guy and his family certainly were not involved in that other incident.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •