Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 125260616263 LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 628

Thread: Serve Time In Jail...Or In Church?

  1. #611
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Serve Time In Jail...Or In Church?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Wanna bet what would happen if you called them "Liberals"?

    Pro-Life is not a Liberal view. Supporting a theocracy is not a Liberal view. You are either just playing silly TGIF games, or have no clue what American Liberalism is.
    Being pro-life is not a liberal view.

    Thinking that bombing an abortion clinic is ok is a liberal view.

    ****

    Being pro-choice is not a liberal view.

    Thinking that secretly getting a 12 y/o an abortion w/o her parent's knowledge or consent is a liberal view.


    ****
    Most of the time Moderates and Conservatives can at least agree on enough mutual ground to keep the planet spinning. Liberals, however, are fighting on whether to spin the planet off into space or slam-dunk it into the sun.

  2. #612
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Serve Time In Jail...Or In Church?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    ..Thinking that bombing an abortion clinic is ok is a liberal view.

    ..Being pro-choice is not a liberal view....
    ok, I see that you are just playing games and have no intention of taking this debate seriously. We are done.

  3. #613
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Serve Time In Jail...Or In Church?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    ok, I see that you are just playing games and have no intention of taking this debate seriously. We are done.
    That's called putting the shoe on the other foot.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #614
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Serve Time In Jail...Or In Church?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    That's called putting the shoe on the other foot.

    No it's called trolling. And the right does it quite a bit here. There is no such thing as what Jerry is describing being attributed to liberals.

    Kinda like how conservatives don't know how to use socialist and Marxist correctly.

    I do however like the fact that Jerry adds the word "right" to the extremes as violent. It's irony that I'm sure is lost on him.

  5. #615
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Serve Time In Jail...Or In Church?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Being pro-life is not a liberal view.

    Thinking that bombing an abortion clinic is ok is a liberal view.

    ****

    Being pro-choice is not a liberal view.

    Thinking that secretly getting a 12 y/o an abortion w/o her parent's knowledge or consent is a liberal view.


    ****
    Most of the time Moderates and Conservatives can at least agree on enough mutual ground to keep the planet spinning. Liberals, however, are fighting on whether to spin the planet off into space or slam-dunk it into the sun.
    Here pal, thank me later ...

    Dictionary.com | Find the Meanings and Definitions of Words at Dictionary.com

  6. #616
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Serve Time In Jail...Or In Church?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    No it's called trolling. And the right does it quite a bit here. There is no such thing as what Jerry is describing being attributed to liberals.
    It's done often by those of all beliefs. Actually, by trying to paint this as something one side does, in a way you are doing the very same thing.

  7. #617
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Serve Time In Jail...Or In Church?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Why would I thank you for a link to an inaccurate and discredited dictionary?

    Webster ftw. You're welcome.

  8. #618
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Serve Time In Jail...Or In Church?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    It's done often by those of all beliefs. Actually, by trying to paint this as something one side does, in a way you are doing the very same thing.
    Conservatives don't do these things, though.

    Conservative Right and Conservative Left can easily compromise on abortion, for example. The finished product being responsible yet unlimited use pre-viability, with reasonable restrictions to protect both the mother's health and the potential life inside her post-viability.

    ***
    Liberal Right want's marriage to be damn-near if not exclusively religious, with of course all the legal benefits. Meanwhile, Liberal Left would like to completely dissolve marriage in every way if they can't get whatever token minority group they're pandering for the votes of, access to 'marriage'.

    Conservatives, however, pretty much agree that variety is fine so long as the emphasis of marriage remains the raising and socializing of children. Other than that, alternative couplings are tolerable even if personal religious preferences differ.

    ***
    Conservatives of every party, even Conservative Loosertarians, tend to get along with each-other quite well. A Liberal Looserterian wants all drugs legalized across the board, even-through this means no one would ever again need a prescription. Liberal Right want to keep beating their heads against the wall with the failed "war on drugs" and put you in prison for 12 years if you have so much as 1 pot seed.

    Conservative Right and Conservative Loosertarians have common ground in legalizing recreational drugs like pot, while placing more emphasis on rehabilitation over prison time for users of hard drugs like meth.

    ***
    Conservatives play nice with other Conservatives, but liberals fight to the death with Liberals of other tribe-er, I mean parties.
    Last edited by Jerry; 09-30-11 at 04:47 PM.

  9. #619
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Serve Time In Jail...Or In Church?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    No it's called trolling. And the right does it quite a bit here.
    Only because your liberal do you say the right does it quite a bit. I on the other hand see just as much or more from liberal posters.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    There is no such thing as what Jerry is describing being attributed to liberals.
    Says you... perhaps to someone else, there may be such a thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Kinda like how conservatives don't know how to use socialist and Marxist correctly.
    Well that's the claim anyway... I more or less see those "you're not using the term correctly" as BS because there's still a stigma associated with both socialism and Marxisim and liberals want to stay as far away from it as possible - hence the constant criticism. Don't get me wrong, it's a very valid and good tactic which has been successful for quite many years - so much so that one could almost say people have been brain washed into believing it to the extent that, such defense is little needed. Just like people think Christopher Columbus discovered America.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I do however like the fact that Jerry adds the word "right" to the extremes as violent. It's irony that I'm sure is lost on him.
    Everyone's group has their violent parts --- it's part of the human condition. Liberals have them too. Funny you didn't mention that.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  10. #620
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Serve Time In Jail...Or In Church?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Why would I thank you for a link to an inaccurate and discredited dictionary?

    Webster ftw. You're welcome.
    "Inaccurate and discredited??"



    You're funny.

    Still, you're in desperate need of a dictionary. Use any one of your choosing.
    Last edited by Sheik Yerbuti; 09-30-11 at 05:29 PM.

Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 125260616263 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •