Page 43 of 63 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 628

Thread: Serve Time In Jail...Or In Church?

  1. #421
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Serve Time In Jail...Or In Church?

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Just so you are aware, this program hasn't been implemented yet. It was supposed to start today but was delayed because the town has to check it with the state attorney.
    So all this hand wringing was for naught?
    Come up with a solution to accommodating my religion since, afaik, there is no established religion that meets to discuss my personal religious beliefs at all, since there is no need for one. My religious beliefs do not require that others need to know about them for a better afterlife. It would be stupid to spend any money to establish a place to talk about such beliefs when a person's home would be quite fine for doing so, an informal kinda thing. And I highly doubt the judge would go for hour long meetings in my home every week to discuss these things with my family.

  2. #422
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Serve Time In Jail...Or In Church?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Why don't you then?
    Because, if you recall, you were the one with all the questions. Do your own research.

  3. #423
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Serve Time In Jail...Or In Church?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    yes, an illegal choice.
    It's now illegal in the United States to chose your punishment when it's offered? When did that start?

  4. #424
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Serve Time In Jail...Or In Church?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    100% not a strawman. It is an accurate understanding of extremist Conservatives. I'm not sure you actually understand what a strawman argument is.
    It might be accurate in the maelstrom of your mind, but lets not pretend it's the truth.

  5. #425
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Serve Time In Jail...Or In Church?

    Quote Originally Posted by nijato View Post
    This is the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a long time. Why do people of faith always assume their traditions and beliefs are more valuable to society than say... watching Saturday morning cartoons?
    Perhaps because religion had more to do with the philosophy behind the creation of the United States then did Saturday morning cartoons.

    Hell, nobody ever died fighting for a Sponge Bob caliphate, or to retake the holy land for Thundercats.
    It seems you answered your own question.

    Believe whatever ridiculous immaculate conception, burning bush, or flying spagheti monster stories you want. Please let's just keep it out of criminal justice, public education, and other public functions we are all a part of.
    You feel religion has never played a part in the formation of the American justice system?
    I can't believe this can happen in the 21st century. And the real question is when are we going to stop arresting nonviolent drug "criminals" anyway?
    I think we can see the damage overuse of drugs can do right here on this post.
    My final thought: so much for conservative allegience to the constitution, huh? So BLATENTLY hypocritical.
    Party on, Dude!

  6. #426
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Serve Time In Jail...Or In Church?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    It might be accurate in the maelstrom of your mind, but lets not pretend it's the truth.
    do you want to prove that my statement was a strawman? Do you even KNOW what a strawman is?

  7. #427
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Serve Time In Jail...Or In Church?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    It's now illegal in the United States to chose your punishment when it's offered? When did that start?
    stop playing games. the choice of going to Church every Sunday violates the Establishment Clause. Give the guy a secular alternative to Church AND jail.

  8. #428
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Serve Time In Jail...Or In Church?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    and here we go again, the guy who never "proves" anything, squealing for proof.
    you contend that my statement was a strawman.

    prove it, or stop making ignorant & baseless accusation.

  9. #429
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Serve Time In Jail...Or In Church?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    you contend that my statement was a strawman.

    prove it, or stop making ignorant & baseless accusation.
    first resort of a feeble mind: when faced with a statement they cannot refute, squeal "prove it"
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  10. #430
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Serve Time In Jail...Or In Church?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    first resort of a feeble mind: when faced with a statement they cannot prove, squeal "I don't have to provide evidence"

    edited for accuracy.

    my friend, you have accused me of making a strawman argument. Prove it, or your accusation is an ignorant lie.
    Last edited by Thunder; 09-28-11 at 11:52 PM.

Page 43 of 63 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •