Page 33 of 63 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 628

Thread: Serve Time In Jail...Or In Church?

  1. #321
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Serve Time In Jail...Or In Church?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    ah, a legitimate question.

    the answer: both.
    if it's just a bad idea, does it really matter that it is unconstitutional?

    in many places suicide is illegal (how they plan to prosecute is another question). is suicide a bad idea because it is illegal?
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  2. #322
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Serve Time In Jail...Or In Church?

    Quote Originally Posted by lardbeetle View Post
    This is clearly and comically unconstitutional.... but that could be easily remedied by the substitution of other activities for non-religious persons or people whose faith is not represented in the area (say, Sikhs.)
    this is clearly a bad idea because criminals belong in jail, not in church.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  3. #323
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Serve Time In Jail...Or In Church?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    this is clearly a bad idea because criminals belong in jail, not in church.
    or on probation.

  4. #324
    User lardbeetle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    10-09-11 @ 03:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    140

    Re: Serve Time In Jail...Or In Church?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    this is clearly a bad idea because criminals belong in jail, not in church.
    I agree, I was just commenting on the unconstitutionality of the program.

  5. #325
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Serve Time In Jail...Or In Church?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Since when are they not?
    Since inmates can't bear arms or vote.

  6. #326
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: Serve Time In Jail...Or In Church?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    strawman? when have I said they shouldn't. I'm just saying that FOR THE CRIMINAL, it is a better option to go to church than to go to jail and get butt****ed by big bubba.

    I'd much rather have someone violate my freedom of religion than to violate my rectum
    Apparently the closest you've ever been to a real jail is "Lockup" on MSNBC.

    The "prison rape" thing is actually very rare. I don't know where that fallacy got it's roots, but it just isn't so. Many many people, even small in stature people, have done many years in prison without even having to fight not to be raped, much less be raped. Read about jail and prison....the living conditions are awful in jails and a little better in prison but the main thing is being away from your family. Not being raped. While rapes in prison do occur, rapes outside of prisons occur too and I don't see many people joking about a man being ass raped by Bubba in a dark ally.

    So use REAL problems with jail in defending someone going to church instead, but don't use fallacies.

  7. #327
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Serve Time In Jail...Or In Church?

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    Apparently the closest you've ever been to a real jail is "Lockup" on MSNBC.

    The "prison rape" thing is actually very rare. I don't know where that fallacy got it's roots, but it just isn't so. Many many people, even small in stature people, have done many years in prison without even having to fight not to be raped, much less be raped. Read about jail and prison....the living conditions are awful in jails and a little better in prison but the main thing is being away from your family. Not being raped. While rapes in prison do occur, rapes outside of prisons occur too and I don't see many people joking about a man being ass raped by Bubba in a dark ally.

    So use REAL problems with jail in defending someone going to church instead, but don't use fallacies.
    jeez, just jeez.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  8. #328
    Professor
    Travelsonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:40 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,376

    Re: Serve Time In Jail...Or In Church?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    convicts are denied #2: keep and bear arms

    and

    convicts are denied #4: unreasonable search and seizure
    Limited rights =/= total absence though, which I think was what the person replying thought was implied.

    And those are not absolute - sure in prison or jail they are, but outside of that the legal realm is a complex web.
    Nationalism in high dosages may be hazardous to your health. Please consult a psychiatrist before beginning a regular regimen, and if feelings of elitism and douchbaggery continue, discontinue immediately before you become unable to do so on your own.

  9. #329
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Serve Time In Jail...Or In Church?

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    ...Apparently the closest you've ever been to a real jail is "Lockup" on MSNBC....


    ...........

  10. #330
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Serve Time In Jail...Or In Church?

    Quote Originally Posted by Travelsonic View Post
    Limited rights =/= total absence though, which I think was what the person replying thought was implied.

    And those are not absolute - sure in prison or jail they are, but outside of that the legal realm is a complex web.
    au contraire

    while in prison/jail the right to bear arms is totally revoked, even after release, in most places, ex-felons are not allowed to own firearms

    and while in prison/jail there is absolutely no expectation of privacy or protection from search and seizure, the guards can toss your cell at anytime for any (or no) reason.

    and once someone is released, they are no longer a convict, they are an ex-convict so the same rules don't apply.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Page 33 of 63 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •