Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 628

Thread: Serve Time In Jail...Or In Church?

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Serve Time In Jail...Or In Church?

    I think those agreeing with this sentence from the judge would be screaming "unconstitutional" if this man were sentenced to attend a mosque. However, since it is to attend a church where the Christian god is worshipped, that makes ok to them.

  2. #22
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Serve Time In Jail...Or In Church?

    Quote Originally Posted by DashingAmerican View Post
    How is it unconstitutional? They are giving the choice. So nobody is forcing anything.
    of course it's unconstitutional. the mere fact that a judge would offer a choice involving religion is unconstitutional.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Serve Time In Jail...Or In Church?

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    Got any evidence against it? You're making the claim he doesn't exist. So prove your point.

    But back on topic, if they don't want to sit in church with a bunch of beautiful women nicely dressed in a gorgeous building......**** 'em. Lock 'em up. It's their choice.
    giving a convict the choice of paying for his crime in jail...or being free while going to church every Sunday......is spitting on our justice system and a smack against our Constitution.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Serve Time In Jail...Or In Church?

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    Got any evidence against it? You're making the claim he doesn't exist. So prove your point....
    wrong. YOU are suggesting your God exists. So prove it.

  5. #25
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Serve Time In Jail...Or In Church?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I think those agreeing with this sentence from the judge would be screaming "unconstitutional" if this man were sentenced to attend a mosque. However, since it is to attend a church where the Christian god is worshipped, that makes ok to them.
    I think you are wrong. and these criminals are not being sentenced to attend church. they are sentenced to jail. they can CHOOSE to go to church if they don't want to go to jail. I attended several mosques while I was in Iraq. I wasn't stuck by lightening or plaques of locust.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  6. #26
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Serve Time In Jail...Or In Church?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    wrong. YOU are suggesting your God exists. So prove it.
    here we go again. thunder squealing for proof any time anyone makes a claim and yet making all kinds of claims himself without offering up any proof whatsoever. I think there is a word for that....starts with an "H"...someone help me out here....
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: Serve Time In Jail...Or In Church?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    here we go again. thunder squealing for proof any time anyone makes a claim and yet making all kinds of claims himself without offering up any proof whatsoever. I think there is a word for that....starts with an "H"...someone help me out here....
    Hippopotamus. No, wait.....something close to that I think.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mecca
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,426

    Re: Serve Time In Jail...Or In Church?

    A smart investor would open up a combination bar/church in that town.

  9. #29
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,673

    Re: Serve Time In Jail...Or In Church?

    so very right...he shouldnt be given the alternative...just sent straight to jail. And I hope if any of you that are so all fired concerned about this is ever in that situation, no judge ever gives you such a horrible option. Straight up jail time bitches. THATS a better option.

    used to be that they were given a choice between jail or the military. That was evil too I reckon...

  10. #30
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,673

    Re: Serve Time In Jail...Or In Church?

    Probably should throw out substance abuse treat programs as an alternative to prison. Most effective programs involve the steps, and invariably, there is that pesky, higher power thing...

    What exactly is it that people are upset about? People are being given a CHOICE. Choose a standard jail term and fine or a year of weekly attendance at a church of your choice...how terrible! His option saves the tax payers money. Maybe gives someone a chance to reconnect with a community that might be supportive (in multiple ways). This whole kneejerk response to anything religious is pretty sad.

Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •